Windows 10: Bluetooth fails to connect anything

Discus and support Bluetooth fails to connect anything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My long drawn out and failed struggle to get YourPhone to connect my phone to my PC has revealed the underlying problem: Bluetooth is not working at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by clayto, Jul 12, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Bluetooth fails to connect anything

My long drawn out and failed struggle to get YourPhone to connect my phone to my PC has revealed the underlying problem: Bluetooth is not working at all, on my PC. It probably has not worked for many months. I cannot connect anything. In addition to the phone I have tried two keyboards, a Samsung tablet, earbuds ---- no success at all. Plus I found that everywhere Bluetooth is shown on the PC it reported as not available, not connected, not enabled, off, stopped --- in Action Centre, in Settings, Services, Network Connections. I have read lengthy articles on this website and elsewhere but am no wiser. So now I am looking for advice with getting BT back, it has worked OK in the past. I have tried many things so far, using trial and error, so some fixes can probably be eliminated.

I have checked all the Bluetooth drivers which are 'the best available'. I found in Services that Bluetooth Support and Bluetooth User Support are most of the time shown as stopped. I have found how to switch them to Automatic but they then appear as either Automatic (Trigger Start) or Manual (Trigger Start) or revert to stopped, so I presume something needs to be done here? In Control Panel Network Connections Bluetooth / Change Adapter Settings / Bluetooth Network is shown as not connected and I have not found how to change it. In Settings I managed to get the phone paired by doing it from the phone itself but it still does not connect. Sometimes a popup request on the phone asks for a code number which should be shown in the phone but usually it isn't, or on occasion if it is it is rejected. None of the other Bluetooth devices are listed in Settings. It is all utterly confusing so I hope someone can make sense of it.

:)

clayto, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Tranbol Win User

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Jul 12, 2020
  3. No Bluetooth anything!

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by Rajith R on August 29, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

My Bluetooth cannot
    be enabled or is missing

Check if it helps.

As a work around, follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to turn it off follow steps below:
    • Press Windows + I form keyboard to open setting.
    • Go to network and internet.

• Click on Airplane mode and select turn off.
    Check if you are able to turn off airplane mode.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 12, 2020
  4. RobbyK Win User

Bluetooth connectivity problem

W10 1909

I have a cheap Bluetooth headset I use to watch Youtube, the computer I'm using is old laptop that originally came out with W7, so I don't know where the problem is could be either one. When booting up the pc, my phone auto connects (even though I never paired the two, they are still paired for some reason, but who knows I might use it), and it auto connects to the other computer in the house (which I did pair with). In the last couple months (while trying to get the money to get my new laptop fixed please don't ask my stupidity) I haven't had a problem with the headset. But last week, the headset started not connecting, and I could turn the pc BT off and back on and it would then auto connect. Then today no such luck would not connect for anything. I tried to remove device, but couldn't remove it either. I checked on line found where a lot of people were having same problem, so I followed those instructions:
    Airplane mode
    Device Manager
    show hidden
    remove device
    (disappeared from Device manager)
    Restart
    Headset already showing under Settings>BT
    wouldn't connect
    (Tried) Add device anyway
    (won't re-add headset since it's already showing as paired, but still won't connect, going to Settings>BT then remove device, still won't remove device (that "procedure failed" is the only Windows notification) (other than Connection failed).

So does anyone have any ideas other than what I've already listed? I am having Youtube withdrawals LOL. I got the above procedure straight from the Microsoft Support website, I try to find answers myself when I can that's why I went there first, but came here because there too many people want to say "try what you've already tried" and then list the steps that you just listed, or get rude with you, or just play stupid. This is the best help site on the internet.

Here's the thread I got my instructions
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-367510879f07

RobbyK, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth fails to connect anything - Similar Threads - Bluetooth fails connect

2. BLUETOOTH failed its option to connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLUETOOTH failed its option to connect: The Bluetooth service is restarted however I am not able to connect to settings since there is no Bluetooth option. I made a wide update in the driver but now the Bluetooth gone on the options. Please help me....
  3. failed to connect my bluetooth mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to connect my bluetooth mouse: I have new mouse bought online and it is brand new. I tried to pair it to my Windows 10 but I cant get it to work since the bluetooth option is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-connect-my-bluetooth-mouse/7da29392-8289-4a31-a144-7cfbd916a308
  4. failed to connect my bluetooth mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed to connect my bluetooth mouse: I have new mouse bought online and it is brand new. I tried to pair it to my Windows 10 but I cant get it to work since the bluetooth option is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-connect-my-bluetooth-mouse/7da29392-8289-4a31-a144-7cfbd916a308
  5. failed to connect my bluetooth mouse

6. Bluetooth ON, won't connect to anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth ON, won't connect to anything: So somewhere down the line I thought my onboard Intel Bluetooth wasn't working effectively, so I purchased a Broadcom 20702 4.0 Bluetooth adapter and disabled a bunch of Bluetooth options in the 'Services' options. I had it working ok for a while, using it connect to a gaming...
  7. Bluetooth ON, won't connect to anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth ON, won't connect to anything: So somewhere down the line I thought my onboard Intel Bluetooth wasn't working effectively, so I purchased a Broadcom 20702 4.0 Bluetooth adapter and disabled a bunch of Bluetooth options in the 'Services' options. I had it working ok for a while, using it connect to a gaming...
  8. Bluetooth ON, won't connect to anything

9. Can't connect to anything bluetooth and wired

Can't connect to anything bluetooth and wired: So I've been having this problem for a month already, It started with connecting to a bluetooth device, then the day after i couldn't connect to it anymore, i thought it was a small problem so i removed the device and tried adding it again but it didn't work, so i thought i...
  10. Bluetooth not connecting to anything

Bluetooth not connecting to anything: Hi, I'm showing a Bluetooth icon and it scans for everything but not connect to anything but does work if I use a separate USB Bluetooth dongle is it possible my built in Bluetooth is bad?...