Windows 10: Bluetooth file transfer issue

Discus and support Bluetooth file transfer issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 and have my laptop paired successfully with an Android mobile phone. It's always worked perfectly.......until the latest huge Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sixblueboats, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Bluetooth file transfer issue

I run Windows 10 and have my laptop paired successfully with an Android mobile phone. It's always worked perfectly.......until the latest huge Windows update. Now I have bluetooth issues.

I can send files from my laptop to my phone via bluetooth no problem (please bare this in mind with any suggestions - it's not a pairing issue). However I can't send files from my phone to my laptop via bluetooth. The 'receiving' box immediately pops up (so my laptop knows a file is being transferred) but the transfer doesn't happen. I eventually receive the 'Windows was unable to transfer some files. The transfer was cancelled by the bluetooth device or the bluetooth enabled computer' error message on my laptop.

I have checked that my laptop is discovereable and that bluetooth is on on both devices - I wouldn't be able to successfully send a file from laptop to mobile unless all this was fine. Bluetooth Support Service is running.

I have tried the following which didn't help:

- deleting the pairing and repairing

- restarting both devices

- updating drivers (they were all up to date in any event)

- all 3 methods of activating bluetooth (ie right click tray icon and choosing Receive file; going to Devices app and clicking send or receive a file; and windows key+r, typing in fsquirt and clicking receive a file). None work.

- disabling windows firewall

- clicking 'Enable file sharing for devices that use 40 or 56 bit encryption'

- Stopping and restarting Bluetooth Support Service

I ran the hardware troubleshooter, which flagged up the error message from my bluetooth but didn't suggest any solutions!

I have googled untill my fingers bleed and found lots of other people who can send from laptop to mobile but not receive, but zero solutions if none of the above work. I am totally stumped.

:)

sixblueboats, Oct 3, 2019

2. Bluetooth File Transfer not responding

Hi there, I am able to receive files to my PC using my PC's Bluetooth application, but experience issues when trying to transfer a file from my PC to my mobile device.

These are the steps I take:

• Activate Bluetooth on mobile device (Windows Bluetooth already active)
    • Open Send a File option
    • Window opens where you have the option to "Select where to send your files"
    • Select relevant mobile device from the list and click Next

This is where I get stuck. It stays on this window and all that happens is, the list of devices disappear and not long after this the window says "Not Responding"

Nothing ever happens from there, so I just open up Task Manager and End the application.

Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks,

marikaburger, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Clintlgm Win User
    Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers...

Sounds as if your tablet is having an issue with its Bluetooth adapter. Have you discussed this with the manufacture Support service? You May need to use a driver other than the native windows driver for full function?

Personally, I use USB for file transfers much more bandwidth for larger files.
    Another suggestion I use is Dropbox free my phone uploads to Dropbox and my notebook downloads from Dropbox I have it set to transfer on wi-fi only, very convenient and good backup and Sharing for pictures and other files.

Clintlgm, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Bluetooth file transfer issue

Bluetooth File Transfer not responding

Hello Marika,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your PC and mobile device?
    • Have you tried sending files from your PC to a different mobile phone?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds in this article
    to resolve Bluetooth issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth file transfer issue

1. Bluetooth file transfer issue - Similar Threads - Bluetooth file transfer

2. File Transfer via Bluetooth Failing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Transfer via Bluetooth Failing: I could use some help resolving a Bluetooth connectivity issue between my Windows 10 Pro laptop and iPhone (7 and 8) • Laptop is Dell Inspirion 15 5559 • Win OS is Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 • iPhone OS is iOS 13.1.2 (iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 same iOS and same problem) The...
  3. How to automate bluetooth file transfers using fsquirt ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to automate bluetooth file transfers using fsquirt ?: Hello, I need to automate bluetooth file transfers using "fsquirt.exe", but the command line doesn't accept argumments (files path). like the explorer have an option "Sent To" when I right click on the files ? Thanks...
  4. Bluetooth transfer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth transfer: I hate Windows 10. I received a large number of photos via Bluetooth. They saved as files but no jpg extension. I cannot view them unless I use Paint. Can I change the extension? If so, how?...
  5. File Transfer Issue

File Transfer Issue: Hello, I was transferring files from my USB flash drive to my Documents folder, but there was a problem with the USB and it stopped working while transferring my files. Could my files be corrupted? And could this affect my computer? Please let me know. Any help will be...
  6. BLUETOOTH Win 10... sees Devices; but fails to Connect No Bluetooth File Transfer

in Windows 10 Customization
    BLUETOOTH Win 10... sees Devices; but fails to Connect No Bluetooth File Transfer: Devices and Bluetooth File transfer will not work Issue 1... I have been thru all the basics with a Dell tech many times and Network Card has been replaced, etc. I think the issue is a Network setting? I just got Wi-Fi Qualcomm Network card connected. Can't figure out...
  7. Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers...

Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers...: Bluetooth handling on Windows 10 in general is greatly annoying IMHO and lacks a decent control-panel or -app but File transfers are a special PITA! Whenever I want to transfer a couple of files (typically pictures) from my phone to my Surface Pro 4 I can rest assured that...
  8. bluetooth transfer

bluetooth transfer: I sent photos from my phone by Bluetooth transfer, put them in a file but on opening file it was empty and I cannot find my photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-transfer/ddb5c7d7-6fd9-4a1d-8cad-c63a49f79216
  9. HD readable but has issue with transfering files

HD readable but has issue with transfering files: Hello, I have an extra hard disk 500GB I found unused so I bought an enclosure for it to make it like external hard drive. The issue is, when plug it to computer and try to transfer files around 200MB it starts with decent speed then slows down to about 1 hour or less....
  10. File Transfer issue - some files skipped when transferring to mobile

in Windows 10 Support
    File Transfer issue - some files skipped when transferring to mobile: My previous s6 and now s8 phone have experienced a weird possible bug when transferring files from my Windows 10 PC to my phone. I have decided to finally see if anyone has experienced this. As I'm unsure if this is a Samsung or Windows issue I have posted this on here and...