Windows 10: Bluetooth file transfer issue

Discus and support Bluetooth file transfer issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 and have my laptop paired successfully with an Android mobile phone. It's always worked perfectly.......until the latest huge Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sixblueboats, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Bluetooth file transfer issue

I run Windows 10 and have my laptop paired successfully with an Android mobile phone. It's always worked perfectly.......until the latest huge Windows update. Now I have bluetooth issues.

I can send files from my laptop to my phone via bluetooth no problem (please bare this in mind with any suggestions - it's not a pairing issue). However I can't send files from my phone to my laptop via bluetooth. The 'receiving' box immediately pops up (so my laptop knows a file is being transferred) but the transfer doesn't happen. I eventually receive the 'Windows was unable to transfer some files. The transfer was cancelled by the bluetooth device or the bluetooth enabled computer' error message on my laptop.

I have checked that my laptop is discovereable and that bluetooth is on on both devices - I wouldn't be able to successfully send a file from laptop to mobile unless all this was fine. Bluetooth Support Service is running.

I have tried the following which didn't help:

- deleting the pairing and repairing

- restarting both devices

- updating drivers (they were all up to date in any event)

- all 3 methods of activating bluetooth (ie right click tray icon and choosing Receive file; going to Devices app and clicking send or receive a file; and windows key+r, typing in fsquirt and clicking receive a file). None work.

- disabling windows firewall

- clicking 'Enable file sharing for devices that use 40 or 56 bit encryption'

- Stopping and restarting Bluetooth Support Service

I ran the hardware troubleshooter, which flagged up the error message from my bluetooth but didn't suggest any solutions!

I have googled untill my fingers bleed and found lots of other people who can send from laptop to mobile but not receive, but zero solutions if none of the above work. I am totally stumped.

:)

sixblueboats, Oct 3, 2019

2. Bluetooth File Transfer not responding

Hi there, I am able to receive files to my PC using my PC's Bluetooth application, but experience issues when trying to transfer a file from my PC to my mobile device.

These are the steps I take:

• Activate Bluetooth on mobile device (Windows Bluetooth already active)
    • Open Send a File option
    • Window opens where you have the option to "Select where to send your files"
    • Select relevant mobile device from the list and click Next

This is where I get stuck. It stays on this window and all that happens is, the list of devices disappear and not long after this the window says "Not Responding"

Nothing ever happens from there, so I just open up Task Manager and End the application.

Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks,

marikaburger, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Clintlgm Win User
    Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers...

Sounds as if your tablet is having an issue with its Bluetooth adapter. Have you discussed this with the manufacture Support service? You May need to use a driver other than the native windows driver for full function?

Personally, I use USB for file transfers much more bandwidth for larger files.
    Another suggestion I use is Dropbox free my phone uploads to Dropbox and my notebook downloads from Dropbox I have it set to transfer on wi-fi only, very convenient and good backup and Sharing for pictures and other files.

Clintlgm, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Bluetooth file transfer issue

Bluetooth File Transfer not responding

Hello Marika,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your PC and mobile device?
    • Have you tried sending files from your PC to a different mobile phone?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds in this article
    to resolve Bluetooth issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth file transfer issue

1. Bluetooth file transfer issue - Similar Threads - Bluetooth file transfer

2. Transferring File Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring File Issue: Hi,When I tried to transfer a file from my phone to my computer, there is an error message as shown in the screenshot attached below. Does anyone know what's the cause of the issue?...
  3. Transferring File Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring File Issue: Hi,When I tried to transfer a file from my phone to my computer, there is an error message as shown in the screenshot attached below. Does anyone know what's the cause of the issue?...
  4. File transfer issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer issue: Hi, This is Dhaval from Ananka FastenersI m running on the latest build of windows 11 but, I can’t transfer the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-issue/63e74ec9-4304-4c7f-9a24-da0ca521a6a8
  5. Bluetooth file transferring issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth file transferring issue: I use Windows 10 as my operating system in my Dell Laptop. 11th Gen intelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42GHz. - 64 bit OSMy Bluetooth drivers are in up-to-date. I usually work with drawing files ".dwg" as AutoCAD. my mobile phone is Huawei Nova 7iMy GPS controller device is...
  6. Bluetooth file transferring issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth file transferring issue: I use Windows 10 as my operating system in my Dell Laptop. 11th Gen intelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42GHz. - 64 bit OSMy Bluetooth drivers are in up-to-date. I usually work with drawing files ".dwg" as AutoCAD. my mobile phone is Huawei Nova 7iMy GPS controller device is...
  7. File Transfer Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Transfer Issues: im trying to do a deep clean of my external hard drives SSD's so im moving things over to my computers Drive and formating the drives, however, the computers drive is super slow when transfering files and keeps giving off an error 0x8007045d But its not due to the external...
  8. bluetooth file transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bluetooth file transfer: How do I change where Windows 10 stores Bluetooth file transfers?Currently they go to: "C:\Users\[user ID]\AppData\Local\Temp" even though I have changed all of the settings I can find to save files to D: in the Change where new content is saved setting menuAnd PLEASE don't...
  9. BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER

BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER: wHY CAN NOT SEND A FILE VIA BLUETOOTH TO PC WITH WIN 10 PRO ? WHAT SO PROFESSIONAL ABOUT IT IF CAN NOT DO ANYTHIN G WITH IT! JUST ANOTHER CASE OF WIN SUCK FACTOR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-file-transfer/d3ee9a96-7d2f-43dc-aedf-9b5d395b293e
  10. File Transfer Issue

File Transfer Issue: Hello, I was transferring files from my USB flash drive to my Documents folder, but there was a problem with the USB and it stopped working while transferring my files. Could my files be corrupted? And could this affect my computer? Please let me know. Any help will be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the tranfer was cancelled by the bluetooth device or bluetooth enabled computer

2. the transfer was cancelled by the bluetooth device

3. window was unable to transfer some files the transfer was cancelled by the Bluetooth device or Bluetooth enabled computer

4. the transfer was cancelled by the Bluetooth device or enable computer