Windows 10: Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update

Discus and support Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello-- I have this problem repeatedly pretty much every other time Windows 10 updates (sure wish we could control when that happens, like we used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kurtbrighton, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update

Hello--

I have this problem repeatedly pretty much every other time Windows 10 updates (sure wish we could control when that happens, like we used to be able to on other versions, but that's another topic.)
    Windows 10 forces the update on me, then next time I boot up my computer, bluetooth is turned off under Settings>Bluetooth & Other Devices. When I look under Device Manager, Bluetooth is hidden. When I change it to show hidden devices, I can see all my bluetooth devices, but they are inactive/grayed out/faded.

Yes, I've tried updating the drivers, to no avail. This seems to be a bug in Windows updates, because again, it happens almost every time Windows is updated.

Any thoughts?
    TIA

:)

kurtbrighton, Oct 10, 2019

2. Bluetooth Function GONE

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

Regarding your question:

Try these procedures:

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?

Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features? (As you have reinstalled the Bluetooth.)

Note:

In device manager, click on "view" tab and select "show hidden devices" and check whether Bluetooth device/driver is listed.

To check the drivers installed in Programs and features, Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Programs and features and check whether the Bluetooth driver is installed.

Until you get back to us with the required information, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.

Now, find Bluetooth Support Service and start it

Double click on the Bluetooth Support Service set the startup type as Automatic.

Reference: I would suggest you to check whether the drivers are up to date. Refer to the below link on how to download and install the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Also, I attach some link with more procedures you can try in this one didn't work:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope it works,

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Oct 10, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Oct 10, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update

1. Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth functionality gone

2. Loss of Bluetooth functionality after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Bluetooth functionality after 21H1 update: The latest security updates and 21H1 arrived this morning and now my Logitech mouse and UEBOOM Bluetooth speaker will not connect / work. If I click the mouse buttons a couple of times it changes from paired to connected for a few seconds and then back to paired, if I click...
  3. Bluetooth functionality gone after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth functionality gone after windows 10 update: When I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 21H1 my Bluetooth functionality became missing. Microsoft, let me ask you a question did I give you permission to remove my Bluetooth functionality? Please Microsoft give me back my Bluetooth functionality on my Laptop....
  4. Touchpad functions gone after last update

Touchpad functions gone after last update: Hi Guys, I seem to have lost the ability to left click/select on y touchpad after the last update. I have done a troubleshoot with no success and done device driver update, no change. Its a Dell XPS laptop running Win10. Any help please?...
  5. Bluetooth gone after update

Bluetooth gone after update: 11/10/2020 my bluetooth speaker stopped working. It has worked since I go the computer. Once last update was available it stopped working. I updated and restarted but bluetooth is still not working. I started and restarted Bluetooth Support Services and anything that said...
  6. Bluetooth gone after an update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth gone after an update: Hi guys I've tried a few different recovery options before coming here, but my bluetooth icon is gone and I can't retrieve it. It happened after the most recent windows update a few days back, super annoying. Can anyone help?...
  7. Bluetooth is gone after windows update

Bluetooth is gone after windows update: Good day, I am having hard time finding my bluetooth in my PC it suddenly disappear. I tried enabling in services.msc, updating drivers in device manager, and downloading/installing bluetooth drivers from my manufacturer product support website. I noticed it since when I was...
  8. Bluetooth gone after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth gone after update: An auto update for Windows 10 was done today. It included update of edge to chrome version. Bluetooth gone from computer. Troubleshooter says there is no Bluetooth adapter ....
  9. Bluetooth is gone after updating laptop, Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth is gone after updating laptop, Help?: I updated my laptop to the KB4550945 update and my bluetooth is straight up gone now. It's gone from the action center and I can't enable bluetooth in the settings. I only have my airpods connected to it, can anyone help me? :/ submitted by /u/HxtSxuce [link] [comments]...
  10. lost bluetooth function after windows 10 Fall Creators update.

lost bluetooth function after windows 10 Fall Creators update.: I updated my Dell tablet this morning to latest build, I immediately lost bluetooth . Not even listed in Device manager. When I ran Bluetooth trouble shoot, the result was that my Atheros Bluetooth UART Transport driver cannot Start ( code10) . I did not try to uninstall...