Windows 10: Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update

Discus and support Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello-- I have this problem repeatedly pretty much every other time Windows 10 updates (sure wish we could control when that happens, like we used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kurtbrighton, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update

Hello--

I have this problem repeatedly pretty much every other time Windows 10 updates (sure wish we could control when that happens, like we used to be able to on other versions, but that's another topic.)
    Windows 10 forces the update on me, then next time I boot up my computer, bluetooth is turned off under Settings>Bluetooth & Other Devices. When I look under Device Manager, Bluetooth is hidden. When I change it to show hidden devices, I can see all my bluetooth devices, but they are inactive/grayed out/faded.

Yes, I've tried updating the drivers, to no avail. This seems to be a bug in Windows updates, because again, it happens almost every time Windows is updated.

Any thoughts?
    TIA

:)

kurtbrighton, Oct 10, 2019

2. Bluetooth Function GONE

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

Regarding your question:

Try these procedures:

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?

Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features? (As you have reinstalled the Bluetooth.)

Note:

In device manager, click on "view" tab and select "show hidden devices" and check whether Bluetooth device/driver is listed.

To check the drivers installed in Programs and features, Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Programs and features and check whether the Bluetooth driver is installed.

Until you get back to us with the required information, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.

Now, find Bluetooth Support Service and start it

Double click on the Bluetooth Support Service set the startup type as Automatic.

Reference: I would suggest you to check whether the drivers are up to date. Refer to the below link on how to download and install the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Also, I attach some link with more procedures you can try in this one didn't work:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope it works,

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Oct 10, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Oct 10, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update

1. Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth functionality gone

2. Bluetooth is gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth is gone: I'm not sure if this was because of a recent update, but I was using my bluetooth for audio in one moment and the next it wouldn't connect. Upon further inspection, it appears my Bluetooth is gone. Symptoms: Running WIndows 10 Bluetooth does not show up in device manager...
  3. Bluetooth is gone

Bluetooth is gone: My Bluetooth says enable Bluetooth but there is nowhere to enable it I look in task manger and it is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-gone/4b909e60-f78c-40b1-9ee1-0a7373e1f52f
  4. sound gone after update windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound gone after update windows 10: [ATTACH] sound is not working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-gone-after-update-windows-10/7a57bf7f-6081-4ca7-a155-fddb39595927
  5. bluetooth ws gone after installing windows 10

bluetooth ws gone after installing windows 10: hi..my bluetooth has gone after i installed windows10..how can i restore my bluetooth with this new window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-ws-gone-after-installing-windows-10/3410c302-f190-4494-8cb4-4a23ed279761
  6. Windows 10 build 1809 Bluetooth icon gone after update and bluetooth no longer present in...

Windows 10 build 1809 Bluetooth icon gone after update and bluetooth no longer present in...: After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 1809 my bluetooth icon on/off has disappeared and it no longer shows in the device manager. Have tried to redownload drivers and turn bluetooth on auto in the services options. Anyone have a fix for this?...
  7. Bluetooth on Windows 10 is gone.

Bluetooth on Windows 10 is gone.: Hi, The other day I started up my desktop, it is a Lenovo ideacentre y700, and was about to connect my bluetooth headphones when I realized my bluetooth just disappeared. And this happened overnight. If I go to settings, devices and then bluetooth & other devices, there...
  8. Bluetooth gone

Bluetooth gone: Good afternoon, I have recently lost the ability to use the Bluetooth on my computer. I used to use it all the time to listen to music on my beats headphones and now there is not even a driver to update or any option to connect to Bluetooth, any help or where to start looking...
  9. lost bluetooth function after windows 10 Fall Creators update.

lost bluetooth function after windows 10 Fall Creators update.: I updated my Dell tablet this morning to latest build, I immediately lost bluetooth . Not even listed in Device manager. When I ran Bluetooth trouble shoot, the result was that my Atheros Bluetooth UART Transport driver cannot Start ( code10) . I did not try to uninstall...
  10. Bluetooth Radio gone after windows 10 upgrade

Bluetooth Radio gone after windows 10 upgrade: So after updating from windows 7 to windows 10 my bluetooth radio is now gone. My bluetooth keyboard and mouse are connected but I can't make new connections via bluetooth because I can't access the bluetooth radio. The bluetooth icon is gone in the system tray and I can't...