Windows 10: Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I...

Discus and support Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to pair my bluetooth controller EVO VG010 to my laptop. I can connect my bluetooth controller without a PIN when I use built in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RicardoBaltierra, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I...

Hi, I've been trying to pair my bluetooth controller EVO VG010 to my laptop. I can connect my bluetooth controller without a PIN when I use built in Intel Bluetooth Adapter. I started using a bluetooth dongle because the default bluetooth adapter had some delay for any kind of bluetooth device such as Headphones, Controllers and Mouses.

The problem comes when I try to connect my Bluetooth Controller because it asks for a PIN that wasn't needed before I started using a bluetooth dongle.

I searched for solutions like entering 0000, 1111, 1234, etc. But none worked for me, I think one of the problems is that my Controller can also function as Mouse, it's detected like a keyboard.

I know how to pair Bluetooth keyboards, you have to enter the same code both in Windows and Keyboard to pair them, but this isn't the case for me.

Notes:

• The Next box is grayed out until I enter a PIN.
    • This controller used to work perfectly fine on other computers.
    • It's a Bluetooth 2.0 Ele Gate adapater.

Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I... 6f86936f-ce8e-42f4-9ce0-6e2ea95e4c97?upload=true.png

Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I... a452843e-69e9-4511-8c77-4cf4bfab6810?upload=true.png

:)

RicardoBaltierra, Aug 15, 2020

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Aug 15, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;(

If there is a return policy that goes with the purchase, return it for refund.
    Trust the review a bit more.

davidhk, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Double Win User

Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I...

Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;(

I bought this super cheap generic bluetooth dongle. The reviews gave me the feeling it wouldn't work, but i thought how hard could it possibly be? The reviews were right, it doesn't want to work right out of the box, I get an error code 43, and I'm really not sure what to do. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the device and I get the same error. I think it's missing a specific driver but I'm not sure. It's an Excelvan (https://i.imgur.com/KXqxRerl.jpg), a brand you've probably never heard of (until now *Cool)

I have it plugged into a USB hub, it flashes red so i know its working... (cant see it here because of the flash)

Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I... [​IMG]

Device Manager...

Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I... [​IMG]

right click, Properties...

Driver tab...

clicked Update driver...

My computers' specs are listed below, but it's basically an HP 64-bit laptop.

Double, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I...

1. Bluetooth Generic Controller asks for a PIN when using a Bluetooth Dongle, but not when I... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Generic Controller

2. BSOD when connecting Bluetooth dongle.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when connecting Bluetooth dongle.: When I connect my Bluetooth dongle into my pc, I get a BSOD screen.Stop code is : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.My Bluetooth dongle is TP-Link UB500 5.0 Bluetooth USB Adapter....
  3. BSOD when connecting Bluetooth dongle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when connecting Bluetooth dongle.: When I connect my Bluetooth dongle into my pc, I get a BSOD screen.Stop code is : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.My Bluetooth dongle is TP-Link UB500 5.0 Bluetooth USB Adapter....
  4. BSOD when connecting Bluetooth dongle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Generic bluetooth controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic bluetooth controller: Hi, I have an OUYA game controller that I want to control the drone camera with on MSFS 2020. Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so how? I have made sure it's connected to my pc, need o know how to get MSFS to recognise it. Any help or a nudge in the right...
  6. Bluetooth headphones keep disconnecting when I use controller

Bluetooth headphones keep disconnecting when I use controller: as the title says I am suddenly having issues using a Bluetooth headset while trying to use my controller. I reinstalled all the drivers, there are no updates and I'm on windows version 20h2 running on a desktop PC...
  7. Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle.

Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle.: I recently got a Bluetooth dongle for my PC so that I could connect my controller via Bluetooth. However, when I tried connecting the controller it asked for a pin, as far as I know, my controller didn't come with a pin. So, I updated the controller firmware and it still...
  8. Bluetooth dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth dongle: I recently bought a Bluetooth adaptor but it doesn't work, I've tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling them but it still doesn't work submitted by /u/Girl_Widda_D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha8jlz/bluetooth_dongle/
  9. Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle

Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle: I bought a CSR bluetooth dongle. Manufacturer ZEXMTE says it is plug and play and needs no driver from manufacturer. Windows 10 cannot find a driver for it when searching online. I have a similar one on my other computer and it uses the generic bluetooth driver and works...
  10. Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Dongle: My windows 10 pc does not have Bluetooth. Please recommend some quality Bluetooth dongle. Many thanks. submitted by /u/NorhoNor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewye1p/bluetooth_dongle/