Windows 10: Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle

Discus and support Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a CSR bluetooth dongle. Manufacturer ZEXMTE says it is plug and play and needs no driver from manufacturer. Windows 10 cannot find a driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JerryTeri-, May 18, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle

I bought a CSR bluetooth dongle. Manufacturer ZEXMTE says it is plug and play and needs no driver from manufacturer. Windows 10 cannot find a driver for it when searching online. I have a similar one on my other computer and it uses the generic bluetooth driver and works well.

:)

JerryTeri-, May 18, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;(

If there is a return policy that goes with the purchase, return it for refund.
    Trust the review a bit more.

davidhk, May 18, 2020
  3. Double Win User
    Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;(

I bought this super cheap generic bluetooth dongle. The reviews gave me the feeling it wouldn't work, but i thought how hard could it possibly be? The reviews were right, it doesn't want to work right out of the box, I get an error code 43, and I'm really not sure what to do. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the device and I get the same error. I think it's missing a specific driver but I'm not sure. It's an Excelvan (https://i.imgur.com/KXqxRerl.jpg), a brand you've probably never heard of (until now *Cool)

I have it plugged into a USB hub, it flashes red so i know its working... (cant see it here because of the flash)

Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle [​IMG]

Device Manager...

right click, Properties...

Driver tab...

clicked Update driver...

My computers' specs are listed below, but it's basically an HP 64-bit laptop.

Double, May 18, 2020
  4. Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle

Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle

1. Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Generic driver

2. Insignia Bluetooth Adapter driver dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Insignia Bluetooth Adapter driver dongle: can't find driver for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insignia-bluetooth-adapter-driver-dongle/faad05e2-fda7-425d-8c32-b782d45e3661
  3. Bluetooth dongle without drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth dongle without drivers: Is anyone able to vouch for a bluetooth dongle to connect wireless headphones that doesn't need drivers installed? I'm using a work computer at home with no built in bluetooth and also unable to download drivers on a work machine (well I can download the file, but I can't...
  4. Generic bluetooth driver wont uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic bluetooth driver wont uninstall: i want to install my csr 4.0 drivers to the pc, but everytime i connect my csr 4.0 bluetooth adapter the generic bluetooth driver get auto installed even when the csr drivers are installed, is there a way for me to delete generic bluetooth adapter drivers completely from a...
  5. generic bluetooth driver for Windows 10

generic bluetooth driver for Windows 10: can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-bluetooth-driver-for-windows-10/7564a125-28c7-4bd4-8d7e-3db217679266
  6. Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle without drivers.

Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle without drivers.: I bought a 5.0 Bluetooth Dongle. It came with no drivers, only this link: https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/75270 Where can I find the drivers? submitted by /u/nmchmsk [link] [comments]...
  7. Missing generic bluetooth driver

Missing generic bluetooth driver: Trying to use my USB Bluetooth adapter I’ve had for a while on my recently built pc. It’s a generic Bluetooth adapter from eBay, plug it in and it says ‘Unknown usb device (device descriptior request failed)’ in device manager I try to disable and update the driver and i...
  8. Bluetooth dongle driver failure

Bluetooth dongle driver failure: Something is wrong with my Bluetooth drivers. Device Manager says - This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful. Updating the drivers tells me they're already up to date. Manually updating hasn't fixed the problem. Going to...
  9. generic bluetooth driver

generic bluetooth driver: i need to install the genric bluetooth driver to my computer because update wont use my current csr driver just trying to find a safe download to put driver on my computer with windows 10...
  10. Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;(

Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;(: I bought this super cheap generic bluetooth dongle. The reviews gave me the feeling it wouldn't work, but i thought how hard could it possibly be? The reviews were right, it doesn't want to work right out of the box, I get an error code 43, and I'm really not sure what to do....