Windows 10: Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting

Discus and support Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why can my bluetooth GPS unit (i.e. Garmin Glo 2.0) pair with my windows 10 tablet but not communicate any location data to it? This is extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gprice (gprice), Feb 8, 2019.

1. Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting

Why can my bluetooth GPS unit (i.e. Garmin Glo 2.0) pair with my windows 10 tablet but not communicate any location data to it? This is extremely frustrating! This is an option for IOS and Android! Why can't Windows 10 communicate with the bluetooth GPS. I specifically set up my field data collection system in order to streamline my entire process and now it appears, that not only my Garmin GlO bluetooth GPS will not work with a Windows 10 OS, but also that there is NO bluetooth GPS that I will be able to use in order to implement the mapping and data collection system I spent a great deal of money and time on to get established on my windows 10 OS tablet. Is there any solution to this because I have already wasted more of my time than it was worth trying to fix this scouring the internet for a solution. All the other software companies I am working with I have called but they have been unable to help saying "that the issue has to be fixed on Microsoft's end". This should be something that shouldn't be so hard to make work in 2019. I don't understand why this is even an issue.

:)

gprice (gprice), Feb 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 8, 2019
  3. aspergerguy, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting

How do I enable Bluetooth with my Qualcomm Atheros adapter?

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter and check. The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware on the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b) Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

c) In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

d) Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

e) Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

f) Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth service on the computer.

Method 2:

I suggest you to start the Bluetooth service and set it to Automatic:

a. Go to the Start screen.

b. Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press Enter.

c. Right click on Bluetooth support service and click on Properties.

d. Set the Startup type as Automatic and then click Start under Service status.

e. Click on OK.

If the issue persists you can try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 3:

I suggest you to try the following steps.

a. Open Control Panel by clicking the Windows + X,

b. In the Control Panel search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

c. In theBluetooth Settings dialog box, click the Options tab and do any of the following:

To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Method 4:

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver and install the latest driver on the computer.

Harshal Benake, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting

1. Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting

2. Windows 11 Bluetooth troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bluetooth troubleshooting: I recently started having problems with connecting my Bluetooth earbuds. I've done all the standard troubleshooting things like turning my Bluetooth off and on, checking windows updates, updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and ran the windows...
  3. Windows 11 Bluetooth troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Bluetooth troubleshooting: I recently started having problems with connecting my Bluetooth earbuds. I've done all the standard troubleshooting things like turning my Bluetooth off and on, checking windows updates, updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and ran the windows...
  4. Bluetooth troubleshooter lying

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth troubleshooter lying: For some reason, my bluetooth earbuds occasionally disconnect for no reason, and i have to troubleshoot it so that it says "connected voice, music" now, when i troubleshoot it, it says "connected music" or voice, or nothing at all. ive been getting really tired of this and i...
  5. GPS Garmin

GPS Garmin: I have a five year old Garmin GPS that I never had problems downloading their yearly maps on Win 7 but ever since I upgraded to Win 10..I keep getting a error message like unable to recognize USB device..any help would be appreciated....
  6. GPS . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPS . . .: Along4 with7 my text problem. I have a Dell Vostro 3583, laptop. Is, it possible to add GPS? Then, I assume, I could enter a city, anywhere. And watch7 th7e traffic moving4 around . . . Using GPS? If it can't be done? Oh7 well, h7ad to try. Th7anks for reading4 . . ....
  7. trouble with bluetooth pairing and bluetooth troubleshooter

trouble with bluetooth pairing and bluetooth troubleshooter: I just bought Lenova IdeaPad S340. it has windows 10 version 1903. I am having problems with Bluetooth. it is not pairing with my Bluetooth device. I can hear it connect by the sound but the sound only comes out of computer and not my Bluetooth device. When I go to...
  8. no gps signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no gps signal: hay m using lumia 540 windows 10 latest version in my lumia when i try to navigate and tap on get directions than its show no gps signal i already try roll back and update it but still same problem i think its a windows or map issue but unfortunately Microsoft stop update for...
  9. Windows 10 and Bluetooth GPS Receivers

Windows 10 and Bluetooth GPS Receivers: Hi, I recently purchased a Garmin GLO Bluetooth GPS receiver after checking that it was Windows and IOS compatible. However after attempting to set up the device with my Surface Pro 4 I was extremely disappointed to discover that the device is compatible with earlier Windows...
  10. Can't connect a Garmin Bluetooth GPS receiver to Windows 10.

Can't connect a Garmin Bluetooth GPS receiver to Windows 10.: I just bought a Garmin GLO, Bluetooth GPS receiver who claim it is compatible with Windows Vista or later. After receiving it I discover, in the tiny print, that it's not compatible with Windows 10. After much research, I have discovered that there is no Bluetooth GPS...