Windows 10: Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio Headphones Greyed Out

Discus and support Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio Headphones Greyed Out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to activate my bluetooth headset via the sound settings. It is grayed out and pressing connect does nothing. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mjtags, Feb 13, 2021.

1. mjtags Win User

Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio Headphones Greyed Out

I am unable to activate my bluetooth headset via the sound settings. It is grayed out and pressing connect does nothing.

Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio Headphones Greyed Out e53dd477-3ae1-44c4-a219-502ded47a87b?upload=true.jpg

:)

mjtags, Feb 13, 2021
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Feb 13, 2021
  3. 2xo0 Win User
    Bluetooth Headphones Audio

I use Windows 10 with no other devices connected other than my LG HBS750 Bluetooth Headphones.

After not using them for a few days, I reconnected them with my computer as I normally do, and I attempted to watch a YouTube video. The audio was extremely choppy, and even the video was slowed down.

I have researched different ideas and tried them all, including:

Turning the computer off and on (of course)

Turning the headphones off and back on, then reconnecting

Turning off audio enhancements

Going to Devices And Printers, selecting my headphones and opening properties,going to services and turning off the suggested service.

Charging the headphones

I've tried connecting to my iPhone 6s and the audio is fine, but when I connect to my computer it is choppy again.

When I choose an audio playback device on my computer, I noticed another option, where it basically says the same as the original LG HBS750 but it says "hands-free". I set it as my default audio to try it out, and it sounded better than the other option,
    but instead of choppy it was very very muffled, with every audio setting up all the way. As I've said before, I've no other bluetooth devices connected, no mouse. Just the "tablet" itself and the keyboard connected.

I do not want to buy another pair of bluetooth headphones, and I don't want to listen to choppy or muffled audio.

Please help,

Caleb

4. MisterEd Win User

Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you are using Bluetooth you will find there is a gotcha when using a headset with a microphone. With Bluetooth 4.x there is not enough bandwidth for both the headset's stereo speakers and the microphone at the same time. If the headset's speakers are used in mono mode then the microphone will work. Here is the information from my computer:
    I I left-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray I see my options for the speakers:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) = Laptops built-in speakers
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo) = Headphones stereo mode
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio) = Headphones mono mode
    I found out that if I select "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)" the headset microphone will work.

Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio Headphones Greyed Out [​IMG]

However, I found that next time the computer might choose "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo)". Then the headset speakers will work but the the headset microphone will not work.

To ensure that the right selection is always done automatically I have to go further and set the default to "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)".
    Note I can always override this at any time. To do this...
    I right-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray and left-click on Sounds

The first tab Playback is for the speakers

• Headset = Headphones mono mode
    • Headphones = Headphones stereo mode
    • Speakers = Laptops built-in speakers

The second tab Recording is for the microphone

• Headset = Headset's microphone
    • Microphone Array = Laptop's built-in microphone
    • Stereo Mix = N/A

To ensure that both the headset speakers and microphone work at the same time I set the default playback to Headset. This will put the headset in mono mode and allow the microphone to work. Note that if I disconnect the headset the computer will automatically revert back to using the built-in speakers and microphone.

MisterEd, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio Headphones Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Hands Free

2. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  3. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  4. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth headphones output as Hands free AG audio in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones output as Hands free AG audio in Windows 11: I updated my laptop to Windows 11 and connected to my Sony LE WH-XB900N or simply WH-XB900N headphones, and the next thing I know it connects as voice and the output is set to Headset WH-XB900N Hands free, I tried everything, upgrading and rolling back the driver update, and...
  6. Bluetooth headphones output as Hands free AG audio in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones output as Hands free AG audio in Windows 11: I updated my laptop to Windows 11 and connected to my Sony LE WH-XB900N or simply WH-XB900N headphones, and the next thing I know it connects as voice and the output is set to Headset WH-XB900N Hands free, I tried everything, upgrading and rolling back the driver update, and...
  7. Hand's free only Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hand's free only Headphones: I have seen this question asked around, yet I haven't found a solution to my case in particular. As far as I am aware, the default stereo stopped being "connected" as of today, as because yesterday it was perfectly fine. I shut down my computer and come back today to a...
  8. Bluetooth headphones can't use stereo, only hands free audio

Bluetooth headphones can't use stereo, only hands free audio: Hello there!I recently bought new headphones. I never had Bluetooth headphones before so I also had to buy a usb bluetooth dongle.I can connect my headphones but if I connect them, I can only use them with hands free audio and not with stereo audio. In the bluetooth settings...
  9. My Bluetooth Headphone is listed only as a hands-free audio in playback devices

My Bluetooth Headphone is listed only as a hands-free audio in playback devices: I got this new Bluetooth adapter, and it works perfectly except when I connect my Bluetooth headphones the audio quality is terrible.I searched everything and everywhere and I didn't get a fully answer. I tried unchecking the hands-free Telephony box, trying to look if there...
  10. Cant connect headphones hand free ag audio

Cant connect headphones hand free ag audio: I am not able to connect to my headphones hands free ag audio when i go to sounds in control panel the stereo is connected but hands free ag audio is disconnected but if i right click on it and click connect it doesnt connect it doesnt even show any error Please solve my...