Windows 10: Bluetooth Hands-free device listed under System Devices, NOT under Audio/Media devices

Discus and support Bluetooth Hands-free device listed under System Devices, NOT under Audio/Media devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a pair of Jaybird Tarah bluetooth wireless earbuds that I have paired to my Windows PC. These buds also have media buttons and a microphone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristopherMadrigal, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Hands-free device listed under System Devices, NOT under Audio/Media devices

I have a pair of Jaybird Tarah bluetooth wireless earbuds that I have paired to my Windows PC. These buds also have media buttons and a microphone. They are called "Overture"

For clarity, My particular machine is running Win10 Pro 1909 through Boot Camp. Bluetooth drivers seem to work just fine. The same pair of buds are recognized as audio output--specifically, the buds cause the following to be installed:

• Overture Stereo as Microsoft Bluetooth A2dp source under "Sound, video and game controllers"
    • Headphones Overture Stereo as Audio Endpoint only during connection under "Audio inputs and outputs"
    • Overture as Bluetooth Device and
    • Overture Avrcp Transport as Microsoft Bluetooth Avrcp Transport Driver both under"Bluetooth"

Under the "Devices and Printer" dialogue for the device, I can see all bluetooth profiles supported by my headphones to match what I would expect--audio output, media control, hands-free control, etc...

HOWEVER! I could not, for the life of me, use my wireless headphones to get microphone input. I have been able to on other machines, without fail, and without extra setup.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that the device is indeed installed, but with a different driver. From what all other attempts to pair on other machines has yielded, my buds should invoke the following devices to be installed:

• Overture Hands-Free AG Audio as Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio device under "Sound, video and game controllers"
    • Microphone Overture Hands-Free AG Audio as Audio Endpoint under "Audio inputs and outputs"

My earbuds are instead installed as Overture Hands-Free AG as Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile AudioGateway role under "System devices"

Interesting! This has eluded me for months, and I unfortunately cannot make Windows install the device as an audio device, not as an audio service. I have tried all the basics at this point--reinstalling the bluetooth stack, resetting my earbuds, re-pairing to my laptop, restarting relevant services...

The device in question has the following Hardware Ids:

• BTHENUM\{0000111e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_HCIBYPASS_VID&00010094_PID&0123
    • BTHENUM\{0000111e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_HCIBYPASS_LOCALMFG&000f

What intrigues me is that according to https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/assigned-numbers/service-discovery/ the UUID 0x111E identifies both the Service Class and the Bluetooth Profile! And yet, I have not found a way to invoke this service, through a call or otherwise.

Therefore, my conclusion is that I must somehow convince Windows to install the device in accordance to the profile, and not the service. How can I possibly go about this, or alternatively how can I force the right drivers to be installed? As an alternative to that, where can I find resources to help me write an alias driver to target my device specifically and install the correct drivers?

:)

ChristopherMadrigal, Mar 14, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..

Do they work if you connect them through BT with your cellphone or tablet? Google is your friend. Try the following. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...&v4h=winxptab1 Uninstall the driver that you installed. Windows 10 should load the correct driver when you plug the dongle into the computer. Check if the following settings for the Bluetooth speaker is enabled by default. If not, let’s enable it and check if it solves the issue.

You can follow the steps to enable the Bluetooth audio service:

a) Press Windows key + X key together and select Control Panel from the list.

b) Click on Hardware and Sound and select Devices and Printers.

c) In Devices and Printers, locate Bluetooth speaker device and Right Click on the device.

d) Click on Properties and navigate to Services tab.

e) Select “Audio Sink”, "Hands free Telephony" and "Remote Control".

f) Click on Apply.

bro67, Mar 14, 2020
  3. netter Win User
    No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Mar 14, 2020
  4. 7IM
    7im Win User

Bluetooth Hands-free device listed under System Devices, NOT under Audio/Media devices

GPU-Z device list enumeration, device order?

Specifically, how are the the GPUs listed in the drop down sorted, or determined? Vendor and PCI ID? OS hardware device list? Other?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already. Searching for "GPU LIST ORDER" and like terms were not helpful.

Thanks.

Thema:

Bluetooth Hands-free device listed under System Devices, NOT under Audio/Media devices

1. Bluetooth Hands-free device listed under System Devices, NOT under Audio/Media devices - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Hands free

2. Can't Remove Devices Under Bluetooth & Devices > Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Remove Devices Under Bluetooth & Devices > Devices: I have a problem with my USB game controllers. Yesterday they were fine but now Windows will not detect them. I have tried different controllers and multiple USB ports. Device Manager doesn't even show them. Under Bluetooth & Devices > Devices, I see "controller" under Other...
  3. Can't Remove Devices Under Bluetooth & Devices > Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Remove Devices Under Bluetooth & Devices > Devices: I have a problem with my USB game controllers. Yesterday they were fine but now Windows will not detect them. I have tried different controllers and multiple USB ports. Device Manager doesn't even show them. Under Bluetooth & Devices > Devices, I see "controller" under Other...
  4. Bluetooth Audio Device keeps falling under Other Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio Device keeps falling under Other Device: I have been using Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 for the past 6 months. I have had no connection issues whatsoever, and they have worked flawlessly up until now. In the middle of using it, the device makes a disconnect sound. However, the settings app shows its connected. When I tried...
  5. Bluetooth Audio Device keeps falling under Other Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Audio Device keeps falling under Other Device: I have been using Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 for the past 6 months. I have had no connection issues whatsoever, and they have worked flawlessly up until now. In the middle of using it, the device makes a disconnect sound. However, the settings app shows its connected. When I tried...
  6. Bluetooth Audio Device keeps falling under Other Device

7. bluetooth not listed under device manager

bluetooth not listed under device manager: is there a way to get bluetooth to show up under the device manager? windows is up to date. i'm guessing i need to reinstall drivers but can't seem to find where to do that. thanks...
  8. Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio": Am using a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adapter (The kind that plugs into the Motherboard, not a USB adapter) and obviously isn't exclusive to my headphones. I use it for my Xbox One Controller, which works as expected. Headphones do not show up under playback tab in the Sound settings...
  9. Bluetooth speakers connected but not listed under audio devices

Bluetooth speakers connected but not listed under audio devices: I’m using Creative T15 wireless bluetooth speakers. Recently they’ve stopped working with my laptop after a minor windows update on 16 Aug. Now my bluetooth settings will reflect that my speakers are connected but they’re not listed under audio devices like they usually do,...
  10. Device not listed under Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device not listed under Device Manager: Hello all, I just upgraded to Windows 10; not much problems for me, except one that I really wish I new that before upgrading. Let me just say this; the Windows 10 app on my pc (runing Win7 Ultimate) did not say anything about this issue, that's why I upgraded. Under...