Windows 10: Bluetooth hardware not detected

Discus and support Bluetooth hardware not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having had the same thing happen three times in a month on two different computers, I suspect that there must be something more profound going on...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eos Maelor, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Bluetooth hardware not detected

Having had the same thing happen three times in a month on two different computers, I suspect that there must be something more profound going on...

About a month ago my Bluetooth devices on my main desktop PC suddenly stopped working. On investigation, I noticed that in fact my Bluetooth card had completely disappeared from my device list; I couldn't do a driver update because there was no device present. Downloading the driver from Intel's website and installing it manually made no difference. The Windows troubleshooter was adamant that no Bluetooth hardware was installed on the machine. In the end I just bought a brand new Intel AC7260 card and installed it, and the problem went away.

Earlier this week I had a related problem on my Surface Pro 3. Suddenly the built-in keyboard stopped working. Thinking it was probably a hardware fault, I tried to install my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on it, only to find that now my Surface Pro also thought that there was no Bluetooth hardware installed. However, when I plugged the Surface Pro into its dock, the problem immediately righted itself and both keyboard and Bluetooth functionality returned.

This evening I was working on my desktop PC again when a system tray message popped up to say that a USB device had stopped working. Immediately afterwards, I noticed that I'd lost Bluetooth yet again, and on running the same investigations as last time it seems that, once again, Troubleshooter is adamant that I have no Bluetooth hardware installed.

If I hadn't had the problem on my Surface Pro as well I'd just think that something in my desktop's hardware was causing repeated AC7260 failures, but I now think it's more likely that this is a software problem. However, how would I go about troubleshooting it? Why would a Bluetooth failure be reported by the system as a USB device problem (when my USB device is an integrated board, not a dongle)? And what's the desktop PC equivalent of plugging a Surface Pro into its dock, in case that were to be the solution to this problem as well?

***Modified title from: Bluetooth hardware has become invisible for the third time in a month on two different computers ***

:)

Eos Maelor, Mar 3, 2019

2. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    microsoft designer bluetooth not detected on my pc

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Jessen P, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Bluetooth hardware not detected

bluetooth connectivity problem

Hi Venkatachalam,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the Bluetooth driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue it will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I recommend you to go to the Device Manger and try updating the Bluetooth and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Click on Bluetooth device to expand.

• Right click on the Bluetooth device driver.
    • Click on update.
    If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below steps.

Step 3.

I would suggest you to check if the Bluetooth services is running on the Windows background.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type Services.msc and press Enter.

• Search for Bluetooth service and check if it is started.

• If the service is not started please right click on the service and click on start and set it to Automatic.
    If the issue still persist I would recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated Bluetooth driver and install the same.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth hardware not detected

1. Bluetooth hardware not detected - Similar Threads - Bluetooth hardware detected

2. Hardware issue detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware issue detected: i have had my pc a good numbers of month and i have a big problem with BSOD and i have tried so much and i just cant fix it i am on my last nerve i just cant i did a windows memory diagnostics and it said "Hardware issue detected"My specsProcessor: Amd Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core...
  3. Hardware issue detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware issue detected: i have had my pc a good numbers of month and i have a big problem with BSOD and i have tried so much and i just cant fix it i am on my last nerve i just cant i did a windows memory diagnostics and it said "Hardware issue detected"My specsProcessor: Amd Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core...
  4. Hardware issue detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hardware issue detected

6. "Graphics Hardware not detected"

"Graphics Hardware not detected": I have the Surface Book 3 15" Display. I've used the NVIDIA graphics driver before, and it has installed successfully. I've used for programs such as Rhinoceros 3D and Revit to run Enscape, however recently NVIDIA says that it cannot continue with installation because "could...
  7. "Graphics Hardware not detected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Graphics Hardware not detected": I have the Surface Book 3 15" Display. I've used the NVIDIA graphics driver before, and it has installed successfully. I've used for programs such as Rhinoceros 3D and Revit to run Enscape, however recently NVIDIA says that it cannot continue with installation because "could...
  8. Mic hardware not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic hardware not detected: So I have multiple audio devices on this pc, Nvidia HDMI, Realtek onboard sound chip, creative sound blaster, and 4k camera with mic. Win10 detects and loads all the drivers for every sound device shows default or ready except for the Realtek 2nd front panel mic, it also...
  9. wifi hardware is not detected, but bluetooth still on

wifi hardware is not detected, but bluetooth still on: Hello there.. I've problem that my wifi isn't working and cannot detected not AP but wifi hardware the problem was appear around this week. It's not first time, but back then the issue could be fixed by restarting computer. But today unfortunately cannot fix the problem....
  10. bluetooth hardware

bluetooth hardware: Dear Concern, While using the Bluetooth audio suddenly the music stopped and upon diagnosis found that troubleshoot cloud not able to detect the hardware and device manager is not shown any Bluetooth icon........

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth hardware not recognized