Windows 10: Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

Discus and support Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. Some specifics: HP Envy Laptop 17-ae1xx running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidLarson5, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. Some specifics:

HP Envy Laptop 17-ae1xx running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1862.387. All updates have installed successfully. Win10 was upgraded from Win8.1 but was later reinstalled fresh.

Platinum Bluetooth mouse stopped working today. No changes were made from when it was working to when it stopped.

Wireless is on and working fine (Bluetooth is part of the same hardware module).

No software updates made since it last worked.

No restart nor hardware or configuration changes made.

On the Bluetooth & other devices tab on Settings there is no option/toggle to turn Bluetooth on or off.

My mouse is still listed there, but it says Bluetooth is turned off.

On the Connect button on Notifications no Bluetooth devices are listed, even when the mouse (or other devices) is discoverable.

The Bluetooth Support Service is running and set to run automatically.

No toggle to turn Bluetooth on and when I try to add a device anyway and select a Bluetooth device, I get an error screen that says it can't connect and to try turning Bluetooth on.

I've gone through all the troubleshooters and diagnostics on Windows 10; the HP diagnostics don't address Bluetooth errors.

The device drivers indicate there are installed, the device is running normally, and are the latest versions available. No, they haven't been updated recently.

Mouse and phone both show the devices are paired and working (on Devices and Printers), but that's likely just the last status available.

The drivers have deleted and reinstalled.

The service has been stopped and restarted.

The laptop has been restarted (both warm and cold).

Airplane mode has been turned on and off. On the airplane mode screen a toggle is present for Wi-Fi, but not Bluetooth (but I don't know if there was one before).

There is no hardware switch for radio/wireless services.

This has happened before with seemingly random fixes.

Once a reboot fixed it, but not now.

Once an updated driver fixed it, but not now.

Once a BIOS update fixed it, but there are no outstanding updates.

Any solutions?

:)

DavidLarson5, Oct 2, 2019
  2. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Oct 2, 2019
  3. HojabrA Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

Unable to turn on Bluetooth

Hi,

I will certainly help you to find Bluetooth.

Kindly answer the question to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

First I would suggest you to check whether your airplane mode is on or off.

Kindly refer the steps below to check for the airplane mode:

• Press Windows key + I form keyboard to open setting.
    • Go to network and internet.
    • Click on Airplane mode and select turn off.
    Please refer the following steps to find Bluetooth:

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select More Bluetooth options to find more Bluetooth settings.

If you still face difficulty in finding the option, kindly refer the section
    Learn more about Bluetooth fixing problems from the
    below link to fix the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-find-bluetooth-settings-in-windows-10

Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Jahnabi Das, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

1. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth has turned

2. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.: Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-has-turned-off-and-theres-no-option-to/d3ad3a03-1605-4fb3-8538-2a9d1097c504
  3. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.: Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-has-turned-off-and-theres-no-option-to/d3ad3a03-1605-4fb3-8538-2a9d1097c504
  4. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on: My Bluetooth drivers keep randomly turning off. When this happens, the drivers are listed as hidden and DriverEasy considers the Intel Bluetooth driver "unplugged." The only way to reliably turn it back on is to unplug my pc, wait about 15 minutes and plug it back in. How can...
  6. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on: My Bluetooth drivers keep randomly turning off. When this happens, the drivers are listed as hidden and DriverEasy considers the Intel Bluetooth driver "unplugged." The only way to reliably turn it back on is to unplug my pc, wait about 15 minutes and plug it back in. How can...
  7. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

8. Bluetooth says that it’s turned off and I have no option to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth says that it’s turned off and I have no option to turn it back on.: I’ve tried everything like resetting, shutting down, updating and reinstalling drivers. Nothing works. Is there anything else I can do? submitted by /u/SirSquid008 [link] [comments]...
  9. Bluetooth randomly turns off and can't be turned back on

Bluetooth randomly turns off and can't be turned back on: Hello, first time poster. The issue I have isn't one I can't deal with so i've just been ignoring it for a long time but it's something that gets on my nerves now and again. Seemingly at random, my computer bluetooth will stop working, the words "Bluetooth has been turned...
  10. lynx1010b Bluetooth turned off, no option to turn it on.

lynx1010b Bluetooth turned off, no option to turn it on.: Hi, I have no access to Bluetooth on my Linx 1010b tablet, running Windows 10 1803 This worked until a few days ago, now when I go to settings and search for Bluetooth, I see Bluetooth is turned off. There is no icon for Bluetooth in the action center, and no button in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth turned off and cant turn back on

2. bluetooth on windows turned off but cant turn back on

3. blu tooth is turned off no option to turn back on