Windows 10: Bluetooth has vanished

Discus and support Bluetooth has vanished in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been happily using Amazon Echo as my speaker for my admittedly elderly Inspiron 1710. I installed a new hard drive a few weeks ago. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by auldtwa, Jul 27, 2020.

1. auldtwa Win User

Bluetooth has vanished

I have been happily using Amazon Echo as my speaker for my admittedly elderly Inspiron 1710. I installed a new hard drive a few weeks ago. The computer is running Win 10 up to date. The Echo connects with Bluetooth and has been working just fine for several years, as recently as two days ago.

Suddenly Bluetooth is completely gone from the computer. Not in Action Center. Not in device manager. I did check in Bios--it is enabled. My wireless is clearly working or I wouldn't be able to send this message. I ran the Bluetooth Troubleshooter and it said I have no Bluetooth. There is no place to turn it "on" on the Bluetooth part of Settings.

Meanwhile the computers own speakers barely rise above a whisper, even at maximum volume.

Is this some sort of hardware failure or could Windows be causing it?

Troubleshooting so far:

Bluetooth enabled in Bios

Windows updated fully

Troubleshooter can't find Bluetooth device

Checked Dell for update for Bluetooth driver. Got a page not found. I can't find a device listed on Device Manager so it is hard to update its driver.

Device Security and Device Health are all good.

I have rebooted multiple times. And yes, the freakin' power is on.

Thanks

:)

auldtwa, Jul 27, 2020

2. Bluetooth has vanished completely

Bluetooth has vanished completely on my Asus Vivobook E203NA since the last windows update.

It was there in device manager and devices, then windows updated today and bluetooth has vanished - not just not working but not even listed as an option in devices

Bluetooth has vanished daaa16f6-d56e-4b24-a136-f806dfd617b2.jpg

Michael-s-112, Jul 27, 2020
  3. BLUETOOTH VANISHED

I have an HP Envy desktop and the bluetooth icon has vanished. It no longer comes up in the action center and there is no option to turn it on in control panel. In device manager there isn't a Bluetooth option. Troubleshooting
    hasn't worked and I need help to fix this,

M.Erin Williams, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Brian1964 Win User

Bluetooth has vanished

windows 10 has vanished

Today tried to log out windows 10 has vanished including edge and the calculator, any suggestions please

Brian1964, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth has vanished

1. Bluetooth has vanished - Similar Threads - Bluetooth has vanished

2. Bluetooth suddenly vanished

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth suddenly vanished: A few days ago my bluetooth disappeared completely from my laptop.I have tried the following solutions:- update driver bluetooth was hidden- Use bluetooth troubleshooter- reinstall bluetooth- use CSFUp to this moment nothing works.Please help...
  3. Bluetooth vanished

Bluetooth vanished: I was happily typing on my bluetooth keyboard as usual when it suddenly stopped working. After running the troubleshooter, I was told that my laptop no longer has bluetooth. I tried to reinstall the driver but bluetooth continues to not show up on device manager, even when I...
  4. Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update

Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update: I updated Windows 10 on my ASUS Vivobook 15 and now can no longer use bluetooth, specifically with my headset. The toggle to turn bluetooth on and off is gone entirely. [ATTACH] I then used the bluetooth troubleshooter which returned this message, saying that my laptop...
  5. the button to turn on BLUETOOTH has VANISHED!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the button to turn on BLUETOOTH has VANISHED!: suddenly my headphone is not connected to my Laptop Windows 10 and then I tried to turn it off and back on again but as soon as I turned it off, the button to turn it on is Gone. it says Bluetooth is turned off but how am I suppose to turn it on? when I checked the device...
  6. Bluetooth has vanished off my computer

Bluetooth has vanished off my computer: I was told to uninstall all bluetooth devices such that when i reboot it would automatically reinstall. Now i cannot access bluetooth from anywhere, and I have already tried everything fromthis article. I am still unable to even enable or disable bluetooth. Please help me...
  7. BLUETOOTH VANISHED

BLUETOOTH VANISHED: I have an HP Envy desktop and the bluetooth icon has vanished. It no longer comes up in the action center and there is no option to turn it on in control panel. In device manager there isn't a Bluetooth option. Troubleshooting hasn't worked and I need help to fix this,...
  8. Timeline has vanished

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline has vanished: My Timeline is no longer visible ---- all the past activities are no longer shown. All I get is what is displayed currently on the desktops. Search does not find anything, and I cannot find where the setting are, in case Timeline has got switched off. I think I once accessed...
  9. Bluetooth vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth vanished: Hi guys, my bluetooth worked great yesterday and today its gone. No icon in the action/notification window, keyboard and mouse will not work. Will not let me delete the devices to pair them again. I run the bluetooth troubleshooter and it tell me this device is not bluetooth...
  10. PC Has Vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC Has Vanished: Some time in the past few months, one of my PC's has vanished from the network. It seems to be an issue with Network Discovery. The PC is accessible if you type in a path from another PC, it is also present in the Homegroup, but it is missing from the list of PC's in Windows...