Windows 10: Bluetooth headphone audio cuts out when not playing music

Discus and support Bluetooth headphone audio cuts out when not playing music in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having issues getting pair of bluetooth headphones I purchased to work with windows 10. When pair and connect to the headphones they will work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joedirte1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. joedirte1 Win User

Bluetooth headphone audio cuts out when not playing music

I am having issues getting pair of bluetooth headphones I purchased to work with windows 10.

When pair and connect to the headphones they will work for a short time, but if I start any music, youtube video, or a game they will only work when that audio is playing.

If I pause the music/video the audio from anything else like discord, and even the speaker test tone will cut off, until I start the other audio back up.

In the bluetooth menu the headset is listed as Connected Music, or Connected Music Voice.

It shows up as two devices in the playback devices menu,

Headset

ATH-SR50 BT Hands-Free AG Audio

and

Headphones

ATH_SR50BT Stereo

If I set the Headset option as default device, or both default device and default communication device, this issue dose not happen, but then I lose the stereo option

If I set the Headphones as the default device, or default device and default communication device, and the Headset as the default device, the above issue of audio cut out occurs.

If I set the Headset as the Default communication device, and the headphones as the default device, I can hear things like discord, but cannot hear any music or other audio.

Bluetooth: Intel dual band Wireless-AC 8265

I have downloaded and installed the latest bluetooth driver available for this device22.20.0_64_Win10

Under Device Manager there are two options for the device

ATH_SR50BT

ATH SR50BT Avrcp Transport

The Roll back driver option is not availible on either

Update driver stated The best drivers for your device are already installed

I have uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled the driver.

I have paired the device correctly according to

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15290/windows-connect-bluetooth-device

Running the bluetooth troubleshooter fixes the issue until I try to play media again.

Problems found

Check bluetooth radio status

Windows is up to date

I have ordered a new USB bluetooth adapter, and am waiting on that to arrive.

Any idea on how I can get these headphones to just work as headphones? I do not use the microphone built into the headset, as I use a stand mic. I have disabled the device as a input option.

I just want these headphones to work like any other headphones that I plug into the computer, or work like a bluetooth speaker.

:)

joedirte1, Jan 20, 2021
  2. TamsynO Win User

Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10 - No music audio!

I have a set of bluetooth headphones that I tried connecting to Windows 10 - whilst skyping and whilst listening to music.

note: setting is on Headphones : Stereo.

Headphones: Hands-free lets all the sound play at once but it has TERRIBLE quality so I don't use it.

My situation is that when I use it as a bluetooth headphone, I get skype audio clearly in them but my music/any other audio does NOT play. I can't seem to fix this issue, even with volume mixer showing that it is 'playing'.

How do I fix this and get all the audio playing with 'Stereo'?

TamsynO, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Windows: Wireless/bluetooth headphones disconnect and then reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones
    laptop: surface laptop

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop, listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens and any audio played goes through laptop main speakers.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting/tab doesn't appear for my device)

tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers, making sure bluetooth service start automatically... Nothing seems to work

Any ideas how I can resolve this, so that my headphones can sit quetly for any amount of time without disconnecting / reconnecting without dropping the 'connected music' setting?

Alex Walker, Jan 20, 2021
  4. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth headphone audio cuts out when not playing music - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphone audio

2. Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10: Hello,I recently purchased two separate headsets, one was a Bose and the other current one is now a Sony. Both purchased today, I tested on my phone and both work great, however neither work properly on my PC. The first one was cutting out really bad on my PC, I connected to...
  3. Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10: Hello,I recently purchased two separate headsets, one was a Bose and the other current one is now a Sony. Both purchased today, I tested on my phone and both work great, however neither work properly on my PC. The first one was cutting out really bad on my PC, I connected to...
  4. Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. mic cuts out when audio plays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mic cuts out when audio plays: I first noticed my mic cutting out when talking to friends on discord, and then i noticed that whenever a system sound plays, chrome, video games, my mic starts cutting out, or getting really quiet, and when ever sounds aren't playing, my mic works just fine....
  6. Bluetooth audio cuts out

Bluetooth audio cuts out: My bluetooth has stopped working recently and I don't know why. I'm using the same headphones I've used for months. I also connected a second bluetooth pair of headphones and they had the same issue. Both sets of headphones work on other devices without issue. I have done the...
  7. Bluetooth Audio Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Audio Cutting Out: Hello all, The Bluetooth audio of my Windows 10 (version 2004) keeps cutting out. A thread on Microsoft's website says that one needs to uncheck the box which determines whether the device can have its power cut by Windows to save power. I went through device manager and...
  8. Sound on bluetooth headphones cutting out

Sound on bluetooth headphones cutting out: I'm using a set of Sony WH-CH700N headphones with a Dell Inspiron 15 7580 running music through iTunes. The sound keeps temporarily cutting out, flickering. Does anyone have a suggestion/fix? I've tried resetting the headphones to factory settings and deleting +...
  9. Bluetooth headphones cutting out constantly

Bluetooth headphones cutting out constantly: Hey, I own a set of bluetooth headphones that cut out pretty consistently when I'm using them on Windows 10 (Home, x64). This problem has started in the last couple of weeks and they were working fine before that, and the headphones work fine on a different Win10 laptop I...
  10. Bluetooth headphones randomly cutting out.

Bluetooth headphones randomly cutting out.: So I recently purchased a pair of Bose NC 700 Bluetooth headphones and when watching youtube videos the audio randomly cuts out (maybe every 15-30secs) and then one second later goes back to normal. It's super annoying and driving me nuts. I have seen lots of other people...