Windows 10: Bluetooth headphone audio stutters on Windows 10 with cheap CSR USB Bluetooth dongle

Discus and support Bluetooth headphone audio stutters on Windows 10 with cheap CSR USB Bluetooth dongle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to use my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones with a Windows 10 desktop which doesn't have built-in Bluetooth. I got a very cheap generic USB Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vegeta9001, May 17, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headphone audio stutters on Windows 10 with cheap CSR USB Bluetooth dongle

I wanted to use my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones with a Windows 10 desktop which doesn't have built-in Bluetooth. I got a very cheap generic USB Bluetooth dongle from AliExpress that looks like this. I was able to connect the headphones, but I'm having a problem where the audio keeps stuttering. A few times every minute, the audio will cut out for as much as 10 seconds before I can hear it again.

It shows up in the Windows device manager as "Generic Bluetooth Radio" and it's using the generic Microsoft Bluetooth driver dated 2006-06-21. The manufacturer is listed as "Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd." and the Hardware ID is "USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_2520".

I can't find any newer driver from the manufacturer - CSR doesn't maintain a website any more and it looks like they were acquired by Qualcomm.

Does anyone have experience with these cheap CSR dongles? Is there a better driver I should be using or could it just be a bad dongle?

submitted by /u/Vegeta9001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vegeta9001, May 17, 2020

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, May 17, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, May 17, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth headphone audio stutters on Windows 10 with cheap CSR USB Bluetooth dongle

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT400/specifications/

P4-630, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headphone audio stutters on Windows 10 with cheap CSR USB Bluetooth dongle

1. Bluetooth headphone audio stutters on Windows 10 with cheap CSR USB Bluetooth dongle - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphone audio

2. cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device: so I bought this cheap Bluetooth dongleand it shows up as a USB 2.0 audio device. it didn't come with the driver's cd what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cheap-bluetooth-dongle-shows-up-as-an-audio-device/84696801-b973-4092-8f79-6592ce541ba6
  3. cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device: so i bought this cheap Bluetooth dongle and it shows up as an usb 2.0 audio device. it didnt come with the driver cd what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cheap-bluetooth-dongle-shows-up-as-an-audio-device/84696801-b973-4092-8f79-6592ce541ba6
  4. bluetooth CSR bluetooth Usb 5.0. rejected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth CSR bluetooth Usb 5.0. rejected: i have a bluetooth CSR bluetooth Usb 5.0. It works in the first time but after a time it stopped working after an update. Every time when i insert the usb it will appear in the divice manager but after a few seconds it gives a warning. Code 43. I try to remove all drivers but...
  5. bluetooth CSR bluetooth Usb 5.0. rejected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth CSR bluetooth Usb 5.0. rejected: i have a bluetooth CSR bluetooth Usb 5.0. It works in the first time but after a time it stopped working after an update. Every time when i insert the usb it will appear in the divice manager but after a few seconds it gives a warning. Code 43. I try to remove all drivers but...
  6. bluetooth CSR bluetooth Usb 5.0. rejected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. bluetooth headphone audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bluetooth headphone audio stuttering: I've had zero issues with bluetooth headphones in the past, however suddenly whenever Im watching something on Netflix, or youtube, and I exit full screen mode, or click into a new tab, the audio will begin to stutter for a few seconds. I have tried different headphones, and...
  8. CSR Harmony 5.0 bluetooth Dongle Driver

CSR Harmony 5.0 bluetooth Dongle Driver: I need CSR Harmony Bluetooth 5.0 driver as without proper driver its giving me lots of problems to install in windows 10. i tired every thing but some times speaker not get connected or some times it stops my internet connect WiFi it seems its interfering with other devices...
  9. CSR Wireless harmony stack CSR bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle.

CSR Wireless harmony stack CSR bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle.: Hello All, I am using the CSR Wireless harmony stack CSR Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle with my Windows 10 Pro desktop. Paired a JBL BT speaker as the onboard audio card has stopped working. I would like to know the Battery percentage of the Bluetooth speaker when connected to...
  10. CSR v4.0 bluetooth dongle wont work.

CSR v4.0 bluetooth dongle wont work.: I have been having a problem where when I am trying to connect a Bluetooth device to my pc, such as a controller, but for some reason it tells my the PIN in incorrect even though... 1. it never asked me for a PIN 2. I never setup a PIN nor did the device require one I...