Windows 10: Bluetooth headphone connection problem following Windows 10 update

Discus and support Bluetooth headphone connection problem following Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a pair of Sony headphones model WH-1000XM3 which I use via Bluetooth. Following the Windows 10 update yesterday, each time I turn off or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Derv34, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Derv34 Win User

Bluetooth headphone connection problem following Windows 10 update

Hi

I have a pair of Sony headphones model WH-1000XM3 which I use via Bluetooth. Following the Windows 10 update yesterday, each time I turn off or hibernate my laptop then turn it back on, the headphones no longer connect automatically. I've tried turning Bluetooth off and on on the laptop and tried removing and reinstalling the device. I've also gone through the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooting procedure but it hasn't helped. The only way to solve the problem is to do a factory reset on my headphones and re-pair them with the laptop. They then work again until I turn my laptop off. Once I turn it back on, they no longer connect and I have to do the factory re-set again. I assume this is a bug in the Windows update as I've been using the headphones for 6 months and never had this problem before yesterday's update. Many thanks for any help.

:)

Derv34, Feb 23, 2021

2. Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Bazsl Win User
    Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10

I upgraded my Lenovo W530 running Win7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I can no longer connect to my bluetooth headphones which worked before the upgrade. The bluetooth radio is on. When I click Connect in the Action Center it shows that the headphones are connected but they are not. The headphones (actually my hearing aids) play a notification sound when a bluetooth connection is made and I never hear that sound. If I play music the sound goes to the speaker, not my headphones. I have removed the headphones and repaired them. I have checked that all of the bluetooth device drivers are up to date in Device Manager. I would really appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks.

Bazsl, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Bluetooth headphone connection problem following Windows 10 update

Pairing cordless bluetooth headphones with my windows 10

Hi,

Misconfiguration with your Windows settings could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10. For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition to Windows 10 is installed on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth headphones?
    • What error message and error code are you getting when you are trying to pair your Bluetooth headphones with the computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps provided in this link. This serves as a guide on how to connect
    a Bluetooth device to a Windows running PC.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth headphone connection problem following Windows 10 update

1. Bluetooth headphone connection problem following Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphone connection

2. Bluetooth headphone not connecting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphone not connecting in windows 10: I use a Windows 10 desktop PC, and I recently bought a new Bluetooth adapter for my PC for my headphone.When I turn on my PC, it automatically connects to my headphone, but when I disconnect, it will not reconnect again and shows the error message, "That didn't work. Make...
  3. Bluetooth headphone not connecting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphone not connecting in windows 10: I use a Windows 10 desktop PC, and I recently bought a new Bluetooth adapter for my PC for my headphone.When I turn on my PC, it automatically connects to my headphone, but when I disconnect, it will not reconnect again and shows the error message, "That didn't work. Make...
  4. Bluetooth headphone not connecting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problem connecting headphones with bluetooth to win 10

Problem connecting headphones with bluetooth to win 10: I'm having trouble connecting my Bose qc 35 ii headphones to windows 10. I was doing some cleaning and accidentally uninstalled "WIDCOMM Bluetooth software". I deleted my bluetooth adapter driver and restarted my pc and it was installed again. Now, whenever i want to connect...
  6. Problem connecting headphones with bluetooth to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting headphones with bluetooth to win 10: I'm having trouble connecting my Bose qc 35 ii headphones to windows 10. I was doing some cleaning and accidentally uninstalled "WIDCOMM Bluetooth software". I deleted my bluetooth adapter driver and restarted my pc and it was installed again. Now, whenever i want to connect...
  7. Problem connecting headphones with bluetooth to win 10

8. Wireless Headphones Bluetooth Connection Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Headphones Bluetooth Connection Problem: Hi. I recently installed a pair of Wireless Sony Headphones and have been trying to connect them to my Lenovo laptop which is running Windows 10. They connect just fine on my Android phone however am having trouble connecting on laptop. When I go into pairing mode, the device...
  9. Wireless Headphones Bluetooth Connection Problem

Wireless Headphones Bluetooth Connection Problem: Hi. I recently installed a pair of Wireless Sony Headphones and have been trying to connect them to my Lenovo laptop which is running Windows 10. They connect just fine on my Android phone however am having trouble connecting on laptop. When I go into pairing mode, the device...
  10. problems with bluetooth headphones windows 10

problems with bluetooth headphones windows 10: About 3 weeks now my bluetooth headphones have played music and videos slow and distorted on my laptop. They work fine with my phone and always worked fine with my laptop but suddenly they only work with my phone and not the laptop. I have followed advice given about drivers...