Windows 10: Bluetooth headphone issues - Windows 10

Discus and support Bluetooth headphone issues - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why oh why is connecting to Bluetooth Headphones so complex in any Windows laptop / PC. Go to action centre, turn on Bluetooth , go to settings ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shivj, Jul 28, 2020.

1. shivj Win User

Bluetooth headphone issues - Windows 10

Why oh why is connecting to Bluetooth Headphones so complex in any Windows laptop / PC.

Go to action centre, turn on Bluetooth , go to settings , devices, add device, waiting for what seems like forever for windows to find the device. then connect and it's ready to use.

Oh no it's not. No sound , no moving from onboard speakers to Bluetooth headphones and no options either.

Do the usual as with windows:-

Uninstall drivers , restart , reinstall drivers , restart, . still same , Should we refresh - No of course we shouldn't.

Why are we putting up with this nonsense /

I also have a Chromebox and as you expect it is so easy. just select which Bluetooth device you want to use and off we go .

If there was office 365 on Chrome OS there would be no way I would accept this nonsense.

You contact Microsoft and they give out same replies as with any issues :-

Run troubleshooter. uninstall , reinstall , restart , refresh. but we all know this is not going to solve the fundamental issue,

Even as I post this discussion there is no section on the Topics for Bluetooth headphone or sound, So that shows you they have no real interest and would say contact manufacturer.

So ended up choosing Windows Settings as topic. Might end up copying this and pasting to each Topic section.

:)

shivj, Jul 28, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jul 28, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Bluetooth headphone issues - Windows 10

Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headphone issues - Windows 10

1. Bluetooth headphone issues - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphone issues

2. Bluetooth headphones issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones issue: A few weeks ago I started using My Bluetooth headphones that I use with my phone. For a week or two it worked perfectly until one day it was split up into two different headphones.Headphones WH-XB900N Stereo Headset WH-XB900N Hands-Free AG AudioThe first one has really good...
  3. Bluetooth headphones issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones issue: A few weeks ago I started using My Bluetooth headphones that I use with my phone. For a week or two it worked perfectly until one day it was split up into two different headphones.Headphones WH-XB900N Stereo Headset WH-XB900N Hands-Free AG AudioThe first one has really good...
  4. Bluetooth headphones issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones issue: Hi Everyone,I have sony wh ch700n headphones and they were working fine since last two years on windows 10 via Bluetooth but from last 2-3 days i am not able to connect them using Bluetooth.While searching for device names comes differently LE_WHCH700N with laptop n tablet...
  5. Issue with Bluetooth Headphones on Windows 10

Issue with Bluetooth Headphones on Windows 10: Greetings everyone, for the last few days I've had issues with my MPOW059 Bluetooth Headphones. I've had these for roughly a month, and for the most part they have worked without any problems. That is, until a few days ago. I had to format my PC and after connecting the...
  6. Issues with Bluetooth Headphones

Issues with Bluetooth Headphones: Hello, I am trying to pair my Bluetooth headphones to my computer. I have the most current Windows 10 update as of today 2/22/21 on my computer, but when I pair the device it is listed as an "Other Device" as opposed to an "Audio" Bluetooth device. I have another computer...
  7. Issue with bluetooth headphones

Issue with bluetooth headphones: I normally use a pair of Sony WH-100XM3 with my Windows 10 laptop. Up until the other day, when I clicked on the volume icon in the bottom right corner of the scree, I had two options, headphones and headset. The headphones have a mic and are able to make calls with a phone....
  8. Bluetooth headphones issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth headphones issue: I get the audio from my apps and games in theBluetooth headphones. But I cannot get the audio from thegame SAMP via the headphones. I don’t know why, but the sound gets into the main speaker. Why is it so?...
  9. Bluetooth headphones issues with Windows 10

Bluetooth headphones issues with Windows 10: Ever since a few days ago, my Bluetooth headphones Bose Quietcomfort 35 have had issues with my windows 10 computer. I know it's not an issue with the headphones, as I've connected to other devices such as different mobile phones and another computer and have not had the...
  10. Bluetooth headphones issue

Bluetooth headphones issue: I have recently added Bluetooth headphones to my laptop running Windows 10. I had to add a Bluetooth USB dongle to get the JLab headphones to pear. I can listen to online music or YouTube videos through the headset just fine. I can hear audio from my audio and video files...