Windows 10: Bluetooth Headphone Sound Control Issue

Discus and support Bluetooth Headphone Sound Control Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When using my bluetooth headphones with my laptop I have an issue with native os sound control. When using the keyboard controls to raise and lower the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosiahSullivan, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Bluetooth Headphone Sound Control Issue

When using my bluetooth headphones with my laptop I have an issue with native os sound control. When using the keyboard controls to raise and lower the sound or the sliding the sound toggle on the taskbar my headphones are muted below a numerical value of 5. This issue is not present when bluetooth headphones are not connected (ie. I can have a volume value of 1 and have sound from the inbuilt laptop speakers). This issue was not previously present in an earlier version of windows 10 (around April 2018). As my bluetooth headphones are quite loud I often have them at a level of 6 (out of 100) and have to toggle the sound control in the app I am using. I have updated all drivers and have not been able to resolve the issue. Please note that this issue arose after a windows update.

For reference I have a Lenovo yoga 920, i78550u, 16 GB ram, Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.

My headphones are AKG Y50BT

Kind regards,
    Josiah

:)

JosiahSullivan, Jan 24, 2019

2. Bluetooth Headphone Sound Control Issue

When using my bluetooth headphones with my laptop I have an issue with native os sound control. When using the keyboard controls to raise and lower the sound or the sliding the sound toggle on the taskbar my headphones are muted below a numerical value of
    5. This issue is not present when bluetooth headphones are not connected (ie. I can have a volume value of 1 and have sound from the inbuilt laptop speakers). This issue was not previously present in an earlier version of windows 10 (around April 2018). As
    my bluetooth headphones are quite loud I often have them at a level of 6 (out of 100) and have to toggle the sound control in the app I am using. I have updated all drivers and have not been able to resolve the issue. Please note that this issue arose after
    a windows update.

For reference I have a Lenovo yoga 920, i78550u, 16 GB ram, Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.

My headphones are AKG Y50BT

Kind regards,

Josiah

JosiahSullivan, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Bluetooth Headphone Sound Control Issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Have you tried the headphones in another computer?

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause Bluetooth problems. If you recently upgraded to Windows 10 or installed Windows 10 updates, it's possible that the current driver was designed for a previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to plug the headphone on another computer and provide use the result that you get.

Please try the methods mentioned below, so that we can narrow down to the root cause of this issue.

Method 1: Run Bluetooth troubleshooter.

1. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Bluetooth, and then select Run the Troubleshooter and follow the instructions.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers for both the computer and the headphone with the help of this article

Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 3: Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

You can check the article
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    and check if this help you to resolve the issue.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 10, 2019
  4. andyouf Win User

Bluetooth Headphones Sound Issue In-Game

I just got my first set of Bluetooth headphones yesterday. The work very well with Windows so far, but when I play Forza they cut out. They'll start working for about a minute of the game then just stop. When I exit the game they then don't work again in Windows until I remove and re-pair the headphones in Bluetooth settings.

In sound properties I tried setting the default for Forza to the headphones but that makes no difference. Tried disabling the microphone portion of the headphones as well. I am also using a Bluetooth Xbox controller. Both are Bluetooth 4.1 as is my adapter. I thought maybe that was too much Bluetooth going on but the same issue happens if the controller is disconnected and I use kb/mouse except when I exit the headset works fine in Windows and I don't have to re-pair. No other devices are connected with BT.

andyouf, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Headphone Sound Control Issue - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headphone Sound

2. No sound on bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on bluetooth headphones: So, I have this "Generic Bluetooth Radio", it worked fine yesterday, but, today it just stopped working completely! It connects, disconnects, turns off and on - but it doesn't translate sounds to my headphones....
  3. No sound on bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on bluetooth headphones: So, I have this "Generic Bluetooth Radio", it worked fine yesterday, but, today it just stopped working completely! It connects, disconnects, turns off and on - but it doesn't translate sounds to my headphones....
  4. Bluetooth Headphones Volume Control Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Volume Control Issue: Hi,I've bought various bluetooth headphones recently to connect to my Windows 11 computer, but no matter what kind I buy, cheap or expensive, they all have the same issue in that they increase/decrease the volume in intervals of 6. Usually when you raise/lower the volume on...
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Volume Control Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Volume Control Issue: Hi,I've bought various bluetooth headphones recently to connect to my Windows 11 computer, but no matter what kind I buy, cheap or expensive, they all have the same issue in that they increase/decrease the volume in intervals of 6. Usually when you raise/lower the volume on...
  6. Issue with Bluetooth Headphones, Stereo Sound not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with Bluetooth Headphones, Stereo Sound not working.: I'm having issues with my ComfortQ+ headphones not playing stereo sound. I've tried everything from restarting to disconnecting my headphones; to even removing the drivers manually using Device Manager. Also when I try to press 'Connect' on the dropdown menu it does nothing....
  7. Headphones sound issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones sound issue: Hey guys, Lately I started having issues with my headphones didn't have any problems before new windows update. When I turn my headphones on beats 3 studio and play youtube for example, everything is fine. Until I launch a game or join a zoom class. When I join zoom, I can...
  8. Issue with bluetooth headphones

Issue with bluetooth headphones: I normally use a pair of Sony WH-100XM3 with my Windows 10 laptop. Up until the other day, when I clicked on the volume icon in the bottom right corner of the scree, I had two options, headphones and headset. The headphones have a mic and are able to make calls with a phone....
  9. Bluetooth Headphone No Sound

Bluetooth Headphone No Sound: Have tried all suggestions these pages, Realtech Sound system installed. Headphones worked with Windows 8 but since updating to windows 10 no sound. Is there a Windows 10 FIX or can windows 8 be reinstalled from somewhere....
  10. Bluetooth Headphones Sound Issue In-Game

Bluetooth Headphones Sound Issue In-Game: I just got my first set of Bluetooth headphones yesterday. The work very well with Windows so far, but when I play Forza they cut out. They'll start working for about a minute of the game then just stop. When I exit the game they then don't work again in Windows until I...