Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones are connected but the audio is still playing from my laptop

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones are connected but the audio is still playing from my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had this problem since i restarted my laptop yesterday,, i'm not sure why its doing this. Ive had these onn headphones for a few months now, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ursulla, Feb 15, 2021.

1. ursulla Win User

Bluetooth headphones are connected but the audio is still playing from my laptop

I've had this problem since i restarted my laptop yesterday,, i'm not sure why its doing this. Ive had these onn headphones for a few months now, it works perfectly on my Samsung S8, but the minute i connect it to my laptop, it doesnt play the audio into my headphones, it just plays from my laptop. I have no idea why this is happening, i've tried removing the headphones from my bluetooth pairs and re-pairing them, but nothings working. Please help because i'm getting very frustrated.

:)

ursulla, Feb 15, 2021

2. Windows: Wireless/bluetooth headphones disconnect and then reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones
    laptop: surface laptop

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop, listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens and any audio played goes through laptop main speakers.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting/tab doesn't appear for my device)

tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers, making sure bluetooth service start automatically... Nothing seems to work

Any ideas how I can resolve this, so that my headphones can sit quetly for any amount of time without disconnecting / reconnecting without dropping the 'connected music' setting?

Alex Walker, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Bazsl Win User
    Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10

I upgraded my Lenovo W530 running Win7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I can no longer connect to my bluetooth headphones which worked before the upgrade. The bluetooth radio is on. When I click Connect in the Action Center it shows that the headphones are connected but they are not. The headphones (actually my hearing aids) play a notification sound when a bluetooth connection is made and I never hear that sound. If I play music the sound goes to the speaker, not my headphones. I have removed the headphones and repaired them. I have checked that all of the bluetooth device drivers are up to date in Device Manager. I would really appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks.

Bazsl, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Bluetooth headphones are connected but the audio is still playing from my laptop

Bluetooth headphones pairs and connects but not connected on "audio devices"

I have Apple BeatsX bluetooth headphones that pair and connect with my phone and other devices easily.

Today I was able to pair and connect my headphones easily to my Dell XPS13, but when I tried to play audio it still plays out of the laptop speakers. When I checked Windows 10 bluetooth settings, it says my headphones are connected. When I check "audio devices"
    on my sound settings it says "Disconnected" for my bluetooth headphones.

I have checked my drivers for bluetooth and audio settings, and they appear up to date. Updated all Dell and Windows 10 drivers. Still bluetooth connects, but no audio connection.

Anyone have any ideas on why it's not working?

Bluetooth headphones are connected but the audio is still playing from my laptop 7bffc0b0-e254-4b37-9f67-8503d4fdeac7.jpg

Radderthanrad, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones are connected but the audio is still playing from my laptop

1. Bluetooth headphones are connected but the audio is still playing from my laptop - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones are

2. Bluetooth headphones are connected, but audio still comes out the speakers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones are connected, but audio still comes out the speakers?: Earlier today I was using my Bose QC45 headphones and they were working perfectly fine. I got up and walked somewhere with them still on, and they disconnected when I was out of range of my laptop as usual. However, this time, when I came back to reconnect, the audio would...
  3. Bluetooth headphones are connected, but audio still comes out the speakers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones are connected, but audio still comes out the speakers?: Earlier today I was using my Bose QC45 headphones and they were working perfectly fine. I got up and walked somewhere with them still on, and they disconnected when I was out of range of my laptop as usual. However, this time, when I came back to reconnect, the audio would...
  4. bluetooth headphones connected but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth headphones connected but not playing audio: i connected my bluetooth headphones to my laptop but they arent connected to audio or playing sound. i tried connecting them to my phone and it worked. are my headphones broken or is it my computer.im using a mpow 059 for headphones and a HP Laptop 17-by2xxx notebook pc...
  5. Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio

Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio: I've been trying to get my bluetooth headphpones to work with my computer for about an hour or so, and have been unable to make any progress. My headphones are JBL Live 500BT, and my computer is a Lenovo Legion 5. In bluetooth settings the headphones show up as paired,...
  6. Headphones connected, but sounds still play from the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones connected, but sounds still play from the computer: I was watching a video with my headphones plugged in, but when I played the video it didn't play inside my headphones but out my computers speakers. I was looking at device manger, and also can't find the option of updating my headphones, so I was think it could've gotten...
  7. My bluetooth headphones are connected, but sound is still coming from the laptop speakers,...

My bluetooth headphones are connected, but sound is still coming from the laptop speakers,...: My Bluetooth headphones are connected to my laptop, but when I play any type of sound it comes from my laptop speakers instead of the Bluetooth headphones. Is there anyway that I can switch this? It used to work fine and randomly stopped about a month ago....
  8. Laptop will only play with bluetooth headphones/earbuds and will not play audio from...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop will only play with bluetooth headphones/earbuds and will not play audio from...: Laptop will only play with Bluetooth headphones/earbuds and will not play audio from computer or any headphones that are plugged in. I really need help, this has been persistent for about 2 months. I have also tried playing audio and it either crashes or it just doesn't play....
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.

Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.: I have a pair of Mee BTX2 bluetooth earphones that work normally on my phone but not on my laptop Asus Zephyrus GA502DU. I can pair and connect to the earphones and they play audio only when the hands-free device is selected as the playback device, not the stereo mode which...
  10. Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones: I've got a pair of Bluetooth headphones, which I want to use to listen to audio on my PC and don't need to use as a headset (although they do contain a microphone for that purpose). When I pair them to my PC, two audio devices show up as available. One is a hands-free...