Windows 10: Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device

Discus and support Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly well on my phone. Basically, the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TanguyPocquet, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device

Hello,

I have an issue with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly well on my phone.

Basically, the computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device (like a phone), not an audio device.

So I can't select them as the main audio output, and essentially can't use them on my computer.

In the Bluetooth settings, the headphones come up like a general paired device :

Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device 2e13fb1a-eb5d-4a9b-80b4-873f2a0b8730?upload=true.png

When they should appear as an audio one:

Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device 44b4f13e-ff21-4833-b271-ca2b8b4de2e8?upload=true.png

And looking through the devices in the control panel, it appears as a general device too:

Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device 71734933-473b-4d3a-8a6a-05eae51cb5ca?upload=true.png

It seems to have latest drivers installed, I ran troubleshooting for both Bluetooth and audio problems, and restarted the Bluetooth support service, but nothing worked.

So I can't select them as an audio device, and essentially can't use them on my computer.

The headphones are Sennheiser PXC 550, and I'm on Windows 10.

Thank you.

:)

TanguyPocquet, Oct 14, 2018

2. Bluetooth headset doesn't get detected as audio device automatically

Win10 Pro x64 1809
    Headset: August EP650 (Bluetooth v 4.2)
    Portable TV, Portable Freeview Digital TV, Handheld TV, Bluetooth Speakers, Bluetooth Headphones, Bluetooth Receiver, Bluetooth DAB Radio, Clock Radio, TV Aerial

Bluetooth dongle: MPOW MPBH079AB (Bluetooth v 4.0)
    Mpow ® | Match Your Smart Life

I've got the headphones paired via Bluetooth but when clicking on the sound icon in systray there's no option to quick switch.

To get audio through the headset I have to go to Devices and Printers, right-click the headset icon, select Control, then I get the following window:

Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device [​IMG]

I then have to choose Connect.

Only then does the option to switch audio appear in the sound pop-up

Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device [​IMG]

I'm not sure what is required to get the headphones detected automatically - is it a limitation of the headset or my Bluetooth dongle?

WastedJoker, Oct 14, 2018
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device

bluetooth headphones

Hi Stacy,

Bluetooth devices may not be detected by your computer due to several reasons. To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Were you able to connect the headphones with another computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device

1. Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headphones are

2. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  4. Windows 11 not detecting bluetooth headphones as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting bluetooth headphones as audio device: I recently got a new laptop that runs on windows 11. My problem is that whenever I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my laptop, it connects fine, but it doesn't detect that the headphones are an audio and sound device. Normally, this isn't too big of a deal because most of...
  5. Windows 11 not detecting bluetooth headphones as audio device

Windows 11 not detecting bluetooth headphones as audio device: I recently got a new laptop that runs on windows 11. My problem is that whenever I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my laptop, it connects fine, but it doesn't detect that the headphones are an audio and sound device. Normally, this isn't too big of a deal because most of...
  6. Bluetooth not detecting headphones as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not detecting headphones as headphones: Whenever I try connecting my headphones to my laptop through Bluetooth, the computer detects it as a phone/computer instead of headphones. This happens to both of my headphones. The headphones connect just fine to my iPhone and iPad, but not to my laptop....
  7. windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device: it is showing as a connectable audio device, i can connect it as an audio device. it is not showing as an output device, preventing me to use them for their sole purpose. i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting them, i have tried unpairing and pairing them again, i've...
  8. windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device

windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device: it is showing as a connectable audio device, i can connect it as an audio device. it is not showing as an output device, preventing me to use them for their sole purpose. i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting them, i have tried unpairing and pairing them again, i've...
  9. Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device: Hi,I am trying to connect my JBL LIVE PRO + headphones with my Lenovo T470s laptop Windows 10 via bluetooth. I have updated the bluetooth drivers, but the headphones are still not detected as an audio device.They show only as another computer or mobile phone. Here is a...
  10. Bluetooth audio devices not detecting!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio devices not detecting!: Hi i recently got a PC, connected bluetooth speakers just fine. Suddenly one day it wouldn’t connect anymore so i removed my speakers, re-paired it. Now it just detects as “other devices” instead of being under the “audio” tab. Tried it with other speakers and earphones it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cowin 37 pairs but no sound

2. samsung earphones not detected by acer laptop via bluetooth

3. mpow h7 bluetooth headphones will not pair with the pc

4. cowin audion headphones no sound,
  5. cowin e7 connect pc,
  6. bluetooth headset not detecting as headset,
  7. windows 10 bluetooth audio no jack detected,
  8. mpow m059 paired but not working,
  9. Windows 10 drivers for Mpow,
  10. mpow 059 driver,
  11. pairing mpow bh231a samsung,