Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I am trying to connect my JBL LIVE PRO + headphones with my Lenovo T470s laptop Windows 10 via bluetooth. I have updated the bluetooth drivers, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DennisLaubenthal, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device

Hi,I am trying to connect my JBL LIVE PRO + headphones with my Lenovo T470s laptop Windows 10 via bluetooth. I have updated the bluetooth drivers, but the headphones are still not detected as an audio device.They show only as another computer or mobile phone. Here is a screenshot:Can you please help?

:)

DennisLaubenthal, Aug 8, 2021

2. Bluetooth headset doesn't get detected as audio device automatically

Win10 Pro x64 1809
    Headset: August EP650 (Bluetooth v 4.2)
    Portable TV, Portable Freeview Digital TV, Handheld TV, Bluetooth Speakers, Bluetooth Headphones, Bluetooth Receiver, Bluetooth DAB Radio, Clock Radio, TV Aerial

Bluetooth dongle: MPOW MPBH079AB (Bluetooth v 4.0)
    Mpow ® | Match Your Smart Life

I've got the headphones paired via Bluetooth but when clicking on the sound icon in systray there's no option to quick switch.

To get audio through the headset I have to go to Devices and Printers, right-click the headset icon, select Control, then I get the following window:

Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device [​IMG]

I then have to choose Connect.

Only then does the option to switch audio appear in the sound pop-up

Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device [​IMG]

I'm not sure what is required to get the headphones detected automatically - is it a limitation of the headset or my Bluetooth dongle?

WastedJoker, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device

Hello,

I have an issue with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly well on my phone.

Basically, the computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device (like a phone), not an audio device.

So I can't select them as the main audio output, and essentially can't use them on my computer.

In the Bluetooth settings, the headphones come up like a general paired device :

Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device 2e13fb1a-eb5d-4a9b-80b4-873f2a0b8730?upload=true.png

When they should appear as an audio one:

Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device 44b4f13e-ff21-4833-b271-ca2b8b4de2e8?upload=true.png

And looking through the devices in the control panel, it appears as a general device too:

Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device 71734933-473b-4d3a-8a6a-05eae51cb5ca?upload=true.png

It seems to have latest drivers installed, I ran troubleshooting for both Bluetooth and audio problems, and restarted the Bluetooth support service, but nothing worked.

So I can't select them as an audio device, and essentially can't use them on my computer.

The headphones are Sennheiser PXC 550, and I'm on Windows 10.

Thank you.

TanguyPocquet, Aug 8, 2021
  4. BarsamAU Win User

Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device

Windows can't detect bluetooth headphones

Hi,

I also had the same issue, it was quite irritating. The audio technica bluetooth device was detected by iphone and samsung phones but when I search with my laptop ( windows 10) it was not discoverable. The device was not showing in the bluetooth list of
    discoverable devices. Pressed the headphone switch for long period but the laptop couldnot detect it. Did all the setting changes, changed all the options and updated all the drivers but still it was not detected.

I read somewhere that bluetooth uses something which is common with the wifi so I made sure that the wifi was enabled, airplane made was off. Next disconnected the laptop from the internet wifi connection. Once the laptop wifi was disconnected, it search
    the bluetooth headset under 'Bluetooth & other device' and the device was listed. Previously when the laptop wifi was connected to the router, the bluetooth headset was not detected but after disconnecting from the router it was detected.

Steps:

1. Airplane mode: OFF

2. Wifi ON but not connected to any device

3. bluetooth ON

4. Search for the device

Hope this helps!!

BarsamAU, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device

1. Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones are

2. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  4. Windows 11 not detecting bluetooth headphones as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting bluetooth headphones as audio device: I recently got a new laptop that runs on windows 11. My problem is that whenever I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my laptop, it connects fine, but it doesn't detect that the headphones are an audio and sound device. Normally, this isn't too big of a deal because most of...
  5. Windows 11 not detecting bluetooth headphones as audio device

Windows 11 not detecting bluetooth headphones as audio device: I recently got a new laptop that runs on windows 11. My problem is that whenever I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my laptop, it connects fine, but it doesn't detect that the headphones are an audio and sound device. Normally, this isn't too big of a deal because most of...
  6. Bluetooth not detecting headphones as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not detecting headphones as headphones: Whenever I try connecting my headphones to my laptop through Bluetooth, the computer detects it as a phone/computer instead of headphones. This happens to both of my headphones. The headphones connect just fine to my iPhone and iPad, but not to my laptop....
  7. windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device: it is showing as a connectable audio device, i can connect it as an audio device. it is not showing as an output device, preventing me to use them for their sole purpose. i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting them, i have tried unpairing and pairing them again, i've...
  8. windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device

windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device: it is showing as a connectable audio device, i can connect it as an audio device. it is not showing as an output device, preventing me to use them for their sole purpose. i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting them, i have tried unpairing and pairing them again, i've...
  9. Bluetooth audio devices not detecting!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio devices not detecting!: Hi i recently got a PC, connected bluetooth speakers just fine. Suddenly one day it wouldn’t connect anymore so i removed my speakers, re-paired it. Now it just detects as “other devices” instead of being under the “audio” tab. Tried it with other speakers and earphones it...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device: Hello, I have an issue with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly well on my phone. Basically, the computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device (like a phone), not an audio device. So I can't select them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jbl earphones not audio device windows 10

2. Bluetooth headphones not recognised