Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones are showing in sound but stuck on disconnected after being connected

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones are showing in sound but stuck on disconnected after being connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought wireless Bluetooth headphones and a Bluetooth adaptor for my PC as it doesn't have it built in. I connected the headphones to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Danielulwilson, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Bluetooth headphones are showing in sound but stuck on disconnected after being connected

I recently bought wireless Bluetooth headphones and a Bluetooth adaptor for my PC as it doesn't have it built in. I connected the headphones to the computer and it shows up as connected on the Bluetooth settings page but it is not under Audio but comes up under other devices.

Under the control panel Device and Printers page, I see the headphones but when going into properties and seeing the services, it comes up as blank.

In the sound Playback tab, it comes up as disconnected and I can't connect or enable headphones even though they are connected under the Bluetooth settings.

I have tried these headphones with a laptop that has built in Bluetooth and they work like a dream. Is there any way I can get this to work or will it not work as it is a Bluetooth adaptor?

:)

Danielulwilson, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Bazsl Win User

Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10

I upgraded my Lenovo W530 running Win7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I can no longer connect to my bluetooth headphones which worked before the upgrade. The bluetooth radio is on. When I click Connect in the Action Center it shows that the headphones are connected but they are not. The headphones (actually my hearing aids) play a notification sound when a bluetooth connection is made and I never hear that sound. If I play music the sound goes to the speaker, not my headphones. I have removed the headphones and repaired them. I have checked that all of the bluetooth device drivers are up to date in Device Manager. I would really appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks.

Bazsl, Aug 26, 2019
  3. JoeShades Win User
    Bluetooth headphones

I bought these headphones Amazon.com: Matone® Qy8 [New Version Qy7] V4.1 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Best In-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones with Microphone for Running, Sports Accessories. I connected them fine to my Iphone and Ipod but having problems with Windows I got them to pair but sound still comes through regular speakers only. In sound settings it lists the bluetooth headphones but says disconnected. I click on connect but that does nothing. Do not know what else to do

JoeShades, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Bluetooth headphones are showing in sound but stuck on disconnected after being connected

Bluetooth wireless headphones disconnected

I've rummaged around and tried a bunch of things, but the bluetooth headphones aren't working...

Windows 10, 64-bit, desktop - lots of everything, current version, etc.

I have a set of basic Bluetooth headphones, paired them normally, connected them, everything shows fine. In the Sound screen I can SEE the headphones but they're disconnected. I haven't found any way to get them "connected".

To be sure it's JUST this system, I took the same headphones, paired them on the Windows 10 LAPTOP. Connected them and they work PERFECTLY. No problems whatever. No new drivers, no fiddling, no problem, just turned 'em on, paired them, and they worked......

Tried again on the desktop. Same result. Went to the Asus site and downloaded THEIR version of the latest Bluetooth driver(s) and installed them. Rebooted. Same result. Unpaired the headphones and repaired them. Still same result.

Did all the stuff I found over at Microsoft, which of course did nothing.

I ALSO have a DIFFERENT Bluetooth device (it's an Oticon ConnectClip, but it's just another Bluetooth headset, headphones to the computer), so I did the same thing with THAT. Paired it, connected it, did all the normal stuff. It ALSO shows disconnected for both the "headset" and the "headphones".

AGAIN, went to the laptop, did the same thing with the ConnectClip and it works PERFECTLY..........

The ONLY difference I can see between the two systems is that in the Bluetooth screen where it shows the device paired, on the laptop it says "Connected Music" (or possibly "Paired Music" - the laptop is in another location so I can't check the exact wording) but on the desktop it just says "Connected" or "Paired".

I'm out of ideas - both work on the laptop, both work on the phone, NEITHER works on the desktop...

GracieAllen, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones are showing in sound but stuck on disconnected after being connected

1. Bluetooth headphones are showing in sound but stuck on disconnected after being connected - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones are

2. Bluetooth headphones connected but no sound "Connected: music"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connected but no sound "Connected: music": My Bluetooth headphones Sony WH-1000XM4 have been working fine with my laptop since I got them, but the audio randomly quit working while watching a YouTube video today. Now, whenever I connect my headphones they are displayed as "Connected: music" rather than "Connected" and...
  3. JBL Bluetooth speaker shows up as 'disconnected' in sound settings despite being connected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JBL Bluetooth speaker shows up as 'disconnected' in sound settings despite being connected...: I have a JBL Charge 5 speaker that works with my phone and has previously worked with my Windows computer.Not sure what happened, but it does not play sound form my computer anymore.I cannot select the JBL speaker as my audio output device. If I open the sound settings, the...
  4. JBL Bluetooth speaker shows up as 'disconnected' in sound settings despite being connected...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JBL Bluetooth speaker shows up as 'disconnected' in sound settings despite being connected...: I have a JBL Charge 5 speaker that works with my phone and has previously worked with my Windows computer.Not sure what happened, but it does not play sound form my computer anymore.I cannot select the JBL speaker as my audio output device. If I open the sound settings, the...
  5. JBL Bluetooth speaker shows up as 'disconnected' in sound settings despite being connected...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no sound

Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no sound: So I have a Asus Vivobook and recently I have been facing a problem where whenever I connected my Bluetooth headphones its just says paring and it actually does not connect so for that I have to go to setting and sue the Bluetooth troubleshoot to fix it but after a while...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played

Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played: I recently got a new pair of wireless earbuds the other day and they wont stay connected to my pc. When I start to play anything through the earbuds they disconnect and reconnect after about 30 seconds. I've tried to update bluetooth drivers, reinstall bluetooth drivers,...
  8. Bluetooth headphones Disconnects Automatically with a sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headphones Disconnects Automatically with a sound: Hi , a month back i installed windows 10 in my laptop and from there whenever i connect my Sony WH-CH 510 headphones , it first connects then automatically disconnects when i try to play an audio . i had run troubleshooter and had set bluetooth to automatic in services.msc...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones connecting and no sound

Bluetooth Headphones connecting and no sound: Hello i recently purchased wireless bluetooth headphones. i connected it to my pc, and it worked fine the first time but later another time, i had a problem: the headphones would connect, but no sound would come. i checked the sound device, and it was set to the headphones....
  10. Bluetooth headset is connected and paired but shows as disconnected in Sound setting

Bluetooth headset is connected and paired but shows as disconnected in Sound setting: Hi, i have HP x360 spectre laptop using Intel AC8260 for Bluetooth communication and Windows 10 64-bit. I've recently bought a pair of Jabra Elite 65t has Bluetooth headphones. They work without any problem with by mobile devices. I managed to pair them on this...