Windows 10: Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time.

Discus and support Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have bluetooth headset that works fine with my mobile, mic and audio works at same time. But in windows 10, i can use one at a time. if i use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hamibro, Apr 7, 2021.

1. hamibro Win User

Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time.

Hi,

I have bluetooth headset that works fine with my mobile, mic and audio works at same time.

But in windows 10, i can use one at a time. if i use headphone for ausio mics stop and vice versa.
    if in sound properties i select Playback tab i hear the sound but as soon as i switch to recordings the audio stop and mic works.

this has been driving me crazy.

Note: headphones works okay with android mobile.

Regards

:)

hamibro, Apr 7, 2021
  2. MisterEd Win User

Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you are using Bluetooth you will find there is a gotcha when using a headset with a microphone. With Bluetooth 4.x there is not enough bandwidth for both the headset's stereo speakers and the microphone at the same time. If the headset's speakers are used in mono mode then the microphone will work. Here is the information from my computer:
    I I left-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray I see my options for the speakers:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) = Laptops built-in speakers
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo) = Headphones stereo mode
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio) = Headphones mono mode
    I found out that if I select "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)" the headset microphone will work.

Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time. [​IMG]

However, I found that next time the computer might choose "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo)". Then the headset speakers will work but the the headset microphone will not work.

To ensure that the right selection is always done automatically I have to go further and set the default to "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)".
    Note I can always override this at any time. To do this...
    I right-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray and left-click on Sounds

The first tab Playback is for the speakers

• Headset = Headphones mono mode
    • Headphones = Headphones stereo mode
    • Speakers = Laptops built-in speakers

The second tab Recording is for the microphone

• Headset = Headset's microphone
    • Microphone Array = Laptop's built-in microphone
    • Stereo Mix = N/A

To ensure that both the headset speakers and microphone work at the same time I set the default playback to Headset. This will put the headset in mono mode and allow the microphone to work. Note that if I disconnect the headset the computer will automatically revert back to using the built-in speakers and microphone.

MisterEd, Apr 7, 2021
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Aman Win User

Bluetooth headphone mic and stereo audio not working simultaneously on laptop

I have a Sennheiser HD4.40BT bluetooth headphone.

When I connect this to my android phone, I can listen stereo quality music and while call, I can hear other person clearly and use the mic also.

Problem appear when I connected headphone with my laptop through laptop's inbuilt bluetooth.

The problem is headphone is connecting in one of 2 ways: Headphone mode and Headset mode(with mic).

- When I select headphone mode, sound is great but I cannot use my mic.

- When I select headset mode(or handsfree mode), I continuously hear static and very poor audio quality but can use mic with this mode.

I already read to disable headset mode to get stereo quality but "this is not my purpose".

What I want is to use headphone with stereo audio and mic simultaneously.

Aman, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headphones Audio

2. my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time: I have a new mic so I plugged it into my computer. It turned on and all was good until I tried to speak it was on I could see the LED so i unplugged everything and it worked but once I plugged my headphones back in the headphones didn't work.so how do i get it to work at the...
  3. my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time: I have a new mic so I plugged it into my computer. It turned on and all was good until I tried to speak it was on I could see the LED so i unplugged everything and it worked but once I plugged my headphones back in the headphones didn't work.so how do i get it to work at the...
  4. Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.: Hi All,In my 20 years playing on computers daily, I have never once been this unsure as to what a problem is.I today received my Ducky one 3 mini keyboard in the post. I plugged it in and began to load up discord to talk to my friends. I was unable to get both my headset...
  5. Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.

Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.: Hi All,In my 20 years playing on computers daily, I have never once been this unsure as to what a problem is.I today received my Ducky one 3 mini keyboard in the post. I plugged it in and began to load up discord to talk to my friends. I was unable to get both my headset...
  6. Mic and headphones dont work at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic and headphones dont work at the same time: I have a combined mic and headphones but they don't work properly. they work just fine on my dad's windows 11 computer which has only one circular plug input but it won't work on my windows 10 which has 2 circular inputs. the casing is explosive 1.1D 1 I think, that's what...
  7. Mic and headphones dont work at the same time

Mic and headphones dont work at the same time: I have a combined mic and headphones but they don't work properly. they work just fine on my dad's windows 11 computer which has only one circular plug input but it won't work on my windows 10 which has 2 circular inputs. the casing is explosive 1.1D 1 I think, that's what...
  8. Mic and headphones dont work at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.

Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 with windows 10, and frequently use it for video conferencing. No matter which program I am on, and regardless of whether my headset is my Bluetooth one or my USB wired one, any time I try to use the headset microphone, the headphones won't play...
  10. Mic and headphones won't work at the same time

Mic and headphones won't work at the same time: You see I have a mic which you plug into the audio jack, then I plug my headphones into the mic as it has another audio jack on it. This worked fine on my laptop which had windows 8 on it, but on my new windows 10 computer I can only use one or the other. If I plug them into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio and mic simultaneously wireless earbuds in windows 10

2. microphone cant be used unless handsfree mode bluetooth 5.0

3. windows cannot play both audio and mic for bluetooth