Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones' audio is awful OR it's good but has delay

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones' audio is awful OR it's good but has delay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headphones work perfectly with my phone good quality and synchronized but on Win10 I can choose 2 devices of the same headphones from the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dilec, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Dilec Win User

Bluetooth headphones' audio is awful OR it's good but has delay

My headphones work perfectly with my phone good quality and synchronized but on Win10 I can choose 2 devices of the same headphones from the system tray. One is synched but with really awful audio quality, and the other one has good quality but is desynchronized. How can I fix?

:)

Dilec, Dec 9, 2021
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Dec 9, 2021
  4. jmcslob Win User

jmcslob, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth headphones' audio is awful OR it's good but has delay - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones' audio

2. Bluetooth headphones' audio is awful OR it's good but has delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones' audio is awful OR it's good but has delay: My headphones work perfectly with my phone good quality and synchronized but on Win10 I can choose 2 devices of the same headphones from the system tray. One is synched but with really awful audio quality, and the other one has good quality but is desynchronized. How can I...
  3. Bluetooth headphones' audio is awful OR it's good but has delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones' audio is awful OR it's good but has delay: My headphones work perfectly with my phone good quality and synchronized but on Win10 I can choose 2 devices of the same headphones from the system tray. One is synched but with really awful audio quality, and the other one has good quality but is desynchronized. How can I...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones Has Distorted Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Has Distorted Audio: Hi everyone,To begin, I use these headphones with my laptop HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs0xxx, and I just recently bought them. It has been at least a month since I've purchased them from my local Walmart store. These headphones had no known issues up until this month. This issue...
  5. Why is there delay with my Bluetooth headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is there delay with my Bluetooth headphones?: Hello, I recently got new Bluetooth headphones, and whenever I connect them to my PC, it has a delay when outputting the audio, but if I try this to any other device, I don't get a delay. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, but the results don't change....
  6. Bluetooth Audio Delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Audio Delay?: Specifically with my Galaxy Buds+. I'm using this video to test the delay. It's super weird, because there's absolutely no delay when I use these on my phone, but there's nearly 0.5 seconds of delay on windows 10. It makes playing games with them basically impossible. Also,...
  7. Slight delay at beginning of Bluetooth audio

Slight delay at beginning of Bluetooth audio: So when I get notifications the audio will take a second to kick in if nothing else is playing. I'll get a notification and I won't hear the beginning of the sound but I'll hear the middle and end. I know what lag is and I don't have the lag. I can play video games and stuff...
  8. bluetooth headphones audio errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    bluetooth headphones audio errors: Hello! I have a bluetooth headphones with microphone incorporated. on PC i have a bluetooth adapter usb. when i pair the headphones to pc it appear as "headphones stereo" and "headset" at audio out and "headset" at audio in. if i select "headphones" as audio out and "headset"...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Delay

Bluetooth Headphones Delay: Hi, I just bought a Doqaus Care 1 Bluetooth Headphones and there is a delay when I use them on my PC (Bluetooth 4.0). When I use my android (Bluetooth 4.2) it works just fine. Does anybody have a solution? submitted by /u/Tigandy [link] [comments]...
  10. Audio Delay with Bluetooth Headphones

Audio Delay with Bluetooth Headphones: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on a laptop and my Galaxy Buds bluetooth earphones have a delay of about 0.5s which is really annoying. It doesn't happen with any videos on my phone, but Youtube on my PC is out of sync. Have googled this and can't seem to find a fix for why W10...