Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ASUS bt400 connector for my PC the model is listed everywhere I checked as simply Gxxx from the manufacturer MEI, and originally had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KrazyKenzie1, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device

I have an ASUS bt400 connector for my PC the model is listed everywhere I checked as simply Gxxx from the manufacturer MEI, and originally had absolutely no troubles in connecting my headphones this exact pair of MPOW headphones to the computer and using them. Mind you, I would have to reconnect them every time I wanted to use them since I also have wired headphones as well, sometimes I use the Bluetooth for convenience sake, and that was a little bit of a hassle on its own, however, I figured it out pretty quickly every time.

I completely reset my computer recently to wipe it of all the useless things I had on it since I can get Steam, FLStudio, Photoshop, etc back quite easily that were packing up my OneDrive. Today I tried connecting my bluetooth headphones to the computer for the first time since the reset. I've completely uninstalled the driver and had it reinstalled, I've plugged the USB into multiple different ports even though I hadn't moved it since where it was when it was working, and restarted my computer many times.

When I connect the headphones to the computer, they register as paired, and even connected right away before going back to saying Paired after a moment. The headphones also tell me "Phone 1 Connected" or "Phone 2 Connected" when a device connects it does it with my phone and used to do it with my computer with no troubles, however, they do not do that when I pair them with my computer now. They stop blinking red and blue and go to the intermittent blue flashing showing they're connected to a device, but don't tell me it's connected. They are then listed on the bluetoooth devices as a phone or other device and not as an audio device, and the headphones do not appear in the audio devices the audio devices manager, or any other place. I've run Troubleshooter which can't help in the audio department since it doesn't recognize the headphones as an audio device multiple times and nothing has come up.

TL;DR: My bluetooth headphones used to connect to my computer, then I reset the computer, and now it won't recognize the headphones as an audio device, therefore I can't use them.

Is there a possible solution to this? Thank you :

:)

KrazyKenzie1, Sep 1, 2020

2. Bluetooth audio headset not recognized by Windows - won't pair/connect

Hi,

I've run into a problem recently with pairing my wireless Bose Soundsport headphones to my PC. Up until recently, the headphones paired and worked fine with my PC and iPhone simultaneously. I have 2 pairs of these exact headphones, and neither of them connect to this PC. However, they still connect to any other device.

The problem I am experiencing has persisted ever since I installed a graphics driver update via the GeForce Experience application (version 397.64, released on 05/09/2018). I updated this driver as a result of a few Memory_Management BSOD's and crashes while playing Fortnite.

Before anyone says, "Have you tried a troubleshooter / reinstall bluetooth drivers / make device discoverable / etc..." , please know that I've gone through the basic steps to solve problems like these. The only thing I haven't done is revert to a previous graphics driver - as I'd rather not do that. From a few hours of research, I haven't seen a problem similar to this.

What I Am Experiencing:
    - I've paired and un-paired this device many times in the past. So I know the procedure.
    - When I set the headphones to "Ready to Pair", the device name is expected to appear in the device list after clicking "Add Bluetooth or other device" in Windows Bluetooth settings.
    - Instead, I only see an audio device called "Headphone" that, when clicked, will just say "Connecting..." indefinitely (see attached image).

In the past, the "Add Bluetooth or other device" would display the name of the device (Bose Soundsport), whereas now it only displays "Headphone". Why can my PC only see the headphones?

Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device [​IMG]

davyjones90, Sep 1, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device [​IMG]

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device

Bose wireless headphones not recognized.

Remove headphones from Device Manager

Sometimes there might be issues with Bose Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10, but users reported that this issue can be fixed simply by removing your headphones from Device Manager. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.

device-manager

Locate your headphones in Device Manager, right click them and choose Uninstall.

uninstall-driver

After you’ve deleted Bose headphones from Device Manager, they should appear as headphones in Bluetooth devices list. Try pairing your PC with Bose headphones, but if the pairing doesn’t work you’ll need to delete the headphones’ memory. To do that, follow
    these steps:

On your Bose headphones slide the Power button up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for 10 seconds.

Now headphones should appear in the Bluetooth devices list, and you’ll be able to connect them to your PC.

Some users are suggesting that you don’t need to delete the device from Device Manager, you just have to delete the headphones’ memory by following the instructions above.

Solution 2 – Uninstall your audio driver and install the latest audio driver

If you’re using wired Bose headphones, you might want to try removing your audio driver in order to fix any potential issues. To remove an audio driver, just go to Device Manager, locate your audio driver, right click it and choose Uninstall. After uninstalling
    the audio driver, it’s recommended to go to your motherboard or sound card manufacturer’s website and download the latest audio driver.

Few users also suggest installing audio drivers by using the compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:

Locate the audio driver setup file and right click it. Choose Properties

Navigate to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for.

Select one of the previous versions of Windows, for example Windows 7, and click Apply and OK to save changes.

Run the setup file and install the latest audio drivers.

Use a Bluetooth adapter / update your Bluetooth drivers

Problems with Bose headphones can be caused by Bluetooth drivers, so make sure that they are up to date before connecting Bose Bluetooth headphones. If you have the latest drivers, but the problem still persists, you might want to use a Bluetooth adapter. Users
    reported that after buying a Bluetooth adapter and installing the necessary drivers the issue was resolved. While buying a Bluetooth adapter, make sure to choose one that comes with with a driver CD in order to avoid any further Bluetooth issues.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device

1. Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones connect

2. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  5. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  6. My bluetooth headphones connect but they arent recognized as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth headphones connect but they arent recognized as an audio device: So i am trying to connect my sony wh-1000xm4 headphones to my laptop with windows 11, and on the bluetooth page it says theyre connected not to voice and music, just connected and i cant play any audio in them from my laptop. Ive tried uninstalling them from several places,...
  7. My bluetooth headphones connect but they arent recognized as an audio device

My bluetooth headphones connect but they arent recognized as an audio device: So i am trying to connect my sony wh-1000xm4 headphones to my laptop with windows 11, and on the bluetooth page it says theyre connected not to voice and music, just connected and i cant play any audio in them from my laptop. Ive tried uninstalling them from several places,...
  8. JBL headphones not recognized as audio device by bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    JBL headphones not recognized as audio device by bluetooth: I am trying to connect my JBL LIVE 650BTNC headphones to my Lenovo W541 using bluetooth. However my laptop is not able to recognize the device coorectly. Now although it shows up as a bluetooth device it somehow fails to see it as an audio device. It even pairs to the...
  9. Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized: After working through the issue with my headphones pairing but not connecting in Windows, now they're connected but Window's doesn't "see them." The error I get says "That didn't work. Make sure your device is still discoverable, then try again." This message appears in the...
  10. Cowin E7 bluetooth headphones connected but not recognized as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cowin E7 bluetooth headphones connected but not recognized as audio device: I have Cowin E7 wireless bluetooth headphones that have been working fine for about 10 months. They recently stopped working on my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 13). They still connect and work fine using my phone, so the problem is probably with my laptop. Also, wired...