Windows 10: Bluetooth Headphones Connect but do not show as Audio Device

Discus and support Bluetooth Headphones Connect but do not show as Audio Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Firstly, thank you in advance for your concern and your willingness to help out. Last week, I shut down my computer after a zoom call where I was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Taal_Inc, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Taal_Inc Win User

Bluetooth Headphones Connect but do not show as Audio Device

Firstly, thank you in advance for your concern and your willingness to help out. Last week, I shut down my computer after a zoom call where I was using my Sony Bluetooth headphones. When I restarted, the Headphones connect to bluetooth but dont show as audio devices. Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9350Windows: 21H1, Win10, 64bitI have tried all the solutions posted in the forum as listed below: Deleted all bluetooth devices and Realtek from Device Manger and reinstalling the latest drivers.Combination of the last 4 known drivers for Realtek and the permutation and combination with the Bluetooth RFCOMM Pr

:)

Taal_Inc, Sep 1, 2021
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Bluetooth headphones 'connected', Audio, Voice not connected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. For us to isolate the issue and to assist you better, we'd like to ask you a few questions.

1. What is the make and the model number of the computer?

2. What is the make and the model number of the headphone?

3. Are the speakers muted when the headphone is plugged in?

4. Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

We can try a few steps and check if we can fix this.

Method 1: Remove and connect the Bluetooth headphone and check.

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.

3. Now click on the Bluetooth headphone and click on Remove device.

4. Turn off Bluetooth and the headphone and turn them back on, and Connect.

If the issue persists, try method 2.

Method 2: Enable the Bluetooth headphone.

1. Right click on the Volume icon on the taskbar.

2. Click on Sounds.

3. Navigate to Playback tab.

4. Right click on an empty space and select Show Disabled Devices.

5. Check if the Bluetooth headset is showing in the list.

6. Right click on the Bluetooth headphone and click Enable and check.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you to refer this article on
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    and try the suggestions showing under the
    Run the audio troubleshooter
    , Fix your audio driver,
    Set default device
    , and Turn off Audio Enhancements section and update us on the result.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Bluetooth headphones pairs and connects but not connected on "audio devices"

I tried all those steps with Bluetooth. The bluetooth connects, but the "Audio devices" does not show a connection.

Radderthanrad, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Twinblaze Win User

Windows 10 says bluetooth headphones are connected but also not connected

This is one of those nightmare issues where it seems to only be a problem between one computer and one device. The headphones connect just fine on other windows 10 machines, and other bluetooth headphones connect just fine to this computer.

Details:

Upon adding the device in bluetooth, windows says the headphones are connected, but the headphones do not indicate they are connected. The headphones are listed with three separate entries in the bluetooth settings window, under input devices, audio, and unspecified, but this is also the case on the computer where the headphones work just fine. In playback devices, the headphones are listed, but show as disconnected. Selecting "connect" does nothing.

In Devices and printers, the headphones show as connected and troubleshooter finds no problems. If the devices were paired by selecting the available devices listing that the headphone instructions say to select, the right-click menu does not show the "control" option. If paired by selecting the other listing, the control option will be there, but the only option will be to use the device as a proximity lock. Also pairing this way will cause the default windows 10 bluetooth settings window to minimize instantly whenever opened until the device is removed.

Steps already taken:

Used both device manager and a driver utility to check for for driver updates, uninstalled bluetooth devices and drivers and reinstalled, ran sfc /scannow, restarted pc and re-paired headphones numerous times.

Twinblaze, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but do not show as Audio Device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headphones Connect

2. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  3. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  4. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device: I've recently purchased a pair of Lenovo PS-1551B-LE Bluetooth headphones which can connect to my phone just fine.But when I connect them to my laptop using Windows 10, it generates as a generic connected itemIs there a way I can Windows 10 to register them as audio device...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device: I've recently purchased a pair of Lenovo PS-1551B-LE Bluetooth headphones which can connect to my phone just fine.But when I connect them to my laptop using Windows 10, it generates as a generic connected itemIs there a way I can Windows 10 to register them as audio device...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

8. Bluetooth Headphones Connect - But do not connect audio.

Bluetooth Headphones Connect - But do not connect audio.: I have been trying to connect my new bluetooth headphones to my desktop computer. They are able to connect - but I am unable to select them as an audio output device. I have tried setting bluetooth services to automatic, as well as turning bluetooth on and off / removing and...
  9. Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.

Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.: When I try and connect my Bluedio headphones to my Windows 10 pc through a generic USB bluetooth connector everything goes as planned and the headphones connect and pair initially as an audio device and then jumps to "other device"...of course I am getting no sound. Device...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones paired & connected but do not show in output devices

Bluetooth Headphones paired & connected but do not show in output devices: I have run troubleshooters & reinstalled drivers. Not sure what to do next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-paired-connected-but-do-not/e4c8ae7e-9a77-4e6f-96f6-508beddfd698