Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio"

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Am using a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adapter (The kind that plugs into the Motherboard, not a USB adapter) and obviously isn't exclusive to my headphones. I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Trophy_Child_, May 7, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio"

Am using a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adapter (The kind that plugs into the Motherboard, not a USB adapter) and obviously isn't exclusive to my headphones. I use it for my Xbox One Controller, which works as expected. Headphones do not show up under playback tab in the Sound settings from Control Panel. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Trophy_Child_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Trophy_Child_, May 7, 2020
  2. CMroz Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device

I'm having trouble getting audio to play through my Bluetooth headphones. I am able to successfully connect them to my computer, but I cannot figure out where to set them as the playback device. They are not listed in the
    Sound panel (even when showing disabled and disconnected devices). Any ideas (besides the things I have tried below) would be much appreciated!

Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio" d9a168aa-b620-40de-b345-0f85d264d5e7?upload=true.jpg

I've read A LOT of threads about this and can't seem to find a solution that works. Here is what I have tried:

• Uninstalling & Reinstalling the Bluetooth driver
    • Updating driver from manufacturer's website
    • Purchasing a new Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (same issue - connects fine, not listed as an audio playback device)
    • Turn off and turn on Bluetooth service
    • Set Bluetooth Support Service to Auto
    • Running the audio troubleshooter (device not listed to troubleshoot)
    • Testing different Bluetooth headphones/headsets
    • Testing these headphones on my work computer with the same version of windows (works great)

System Info

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.17713 Build 17713

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BaseBoard Product Z97I-PLUS

CMroz, May 7, 2020
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, May 7, 2020
  4. Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio"

Bluetooth headphone doesn't appear in devices list

Hi,

My Bluetooth headphones was working without any issues on my windows 10 laptop. Suddenly it would not connect so I removed it from devices to put again but it would not appear in the list !!

It is working perfectly with my iPhone so I know the issue is not in the headphones, and my pc shows other Bluetooth devices in the area so I know that the hardware is working.

I tried the following troubleshoot steps:

1- run the Bluetooth troubleshooter

2-disable Bluetooth device ( from device manager ) and enable again

3-remove Bluetooth driver and restart

4-update all the showing drivers under bluetooth

After all that it still doesn't show in the list

mina sami rouchdi, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio"

1. Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio" - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones connected

2. Bluetooth Audio Device keeps falling under Other Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Audio Device keeps falling under Other Device: I have been using Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 for the past 6 months. I have had no connection issues whatsoever, and they have worked flawlessly up until now. In the middle of using it, the device makes a disconnect sound. However, the settings app shows its connected. When I tried...
  3. Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.: Hi guys, so yesterday I unpaired my Google Home Nest mini on my laptop and when I tried to reconnect it again, it shows that I'm connected under the "Other Devices" section instead of the "Audio" section in the Bluetooth menu. I have tried repairing the speakers, updating the...
  4. Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.: Hi guys, so yesterday I unpaired my Google Home Nest mini on my laptop and when I tried to reconnect it again, it shows that I'm connected under the "Other Devices" section instead of the "Audio" section in the Bluetooth menu. I have tried repairing the speakers, updating the...
  5. Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.

6. Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.

Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.: Hi guys, so yesterday i have unpaired my Harmon Kardon Aura Studio 3 on my desktop and when i tried to reconnect it again it shows that i am connected under the “other device” section instead of the “audio” section in the bluetooth menu. I have tried repairing the speakers,...
  7. Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device': Hi, I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones. I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4. The headphones are connecting but as an 'Other Device' so I'm not able to use them as an audio device. How can I change this so...
  8. Bluetooth speakers connected but not listed under audio devices

Bluetooth speakers connected but not listed under audio devices: I’m using Creative T15 wireless bluetooth speakers. Recently they’ve stopped working with my laptop after a minor windows update on 16 Aug. Now my bluetooth settings will reflect that my speakers are connected but they’re not listed under audio devices like they usually do,...
  9. Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.

Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.: When I try and connect my Bluedio headphones to my Windows 10 pc through a generic USB bluetooth connector everything goes as planned and the headphones connect and pair initially as an audio device and then jumps to "other device"...of course I am getting no sound. Device...
  10. Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device

Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device: I'm having trouble getting audio to play through my Bluetooth headphones. I am able to successfully connect them to my computer, but I cannot figure out where to set them as the playback device. They are not listed in the Sound panel (even when showing disabled and...