Windows 10: Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo?

Discus and support Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I connect my Skullcandy Crusher Wireless 2016 via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 Laptop, it only connects through a mono channel where the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel G_100, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo?

Whenever I connect my Skullcandy Crusher Wireless 2016 via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 Laptop, it only connects through a mono channel where the audio sounds flushed or muffled. But when I connect the headphones to my Android phone, the sound is clear and normal. I ran the troubleshooters on my audio devices and Bluetooth but nothing was detected. I also tried to update the drivers to the audio devices and Bluetooth but are apparently updated.

:)

Daniel G_100, Mar 15, 2023
  2. MisterEd Win User

Stereo Bluetooth Headphones do not reproduce stereo sound

Bluetooth 4.x headsets (headphones with microphone) have two modes:
    1. Stereo headset speakers with NO microphone
    2. Mono headset speakers with microphone

I see in the listing for your headphones it shows a microphone. Make sure your the audio is configured correctly so that you have stereo headphone speakers.

With your headphones connected with Bluetooth

Left-click on little speaker (bottom right on desktop)

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo? 340159d1625948100t-stereo-bluetooth-headphones-do-not-reproduce-stereo-sound-audio1.jpg

You should see current speaker for computer
    In this example headphones in stereo is selected

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo? 340160d1625948100t-stereo-bluetooth-headphones-do-not-reproduce-stereo-sound-audio2.jpg

If you click on Headphones you will bring up all options

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo? 340161d1625948100t-stereo-bluetooth-headphones-do-not-reproduce-stereo-sound-audio3.jpg

To see more…
    Right-click on little speaker (bottom right on desktop)

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo? 340159d1625948100t-stereo-bluetooth-headphones-do-not-reproduce-stereo-sound-audio1.jpg

Select Sounds from list

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo? 340162d1625948100t-stereo-bluetooth-headphones-do-not-reproduce-stereo-sound-audio5.jpg

If you want Stereo Headphones but NO microphone

Select Playback tab
    Make sure Headphones is the current playback device

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo? 340163d1625948170t-stereo-bluetooth-headphones-do-not-reproduce-stereo-sound-audio6.jpg

Select Recording tab
    Make sure Microphone array (or similar) is the current recording device

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo? 340164d1625948170t-stereo-bluetooth-headphones-do-not-reproduce-stereo-sound-audio7.jpg

MisterEd, Mar 15, 2023
  3. Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono

My headphones (JBL Live 400BT) work fine when connected through the wire in both stereo and mono. However when I connect through Bluetooth I can only switch my output device to JBL LIVE400BT Hands-Free which I am pretty certain is the mono version of the headphones. Previously I was able to connect to the stereo version which didn't include "Hands-Free" on the device name and I was able to see both device names next to each other, now I can only see the mono version on Bluetooth.

OutrunTripod23, Mar 15, 2023
  4. MisterEd Win User

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo?

Zoom Audio not playing when connected to bluetooth transmitter

Bluetooth headsets have two modes because Bluetooth 4.x does not have enough bandwidth for both stereo speakers and a microphone at the same time.
    • Hands-Free = Mono speakers + microphone
    • Stereo = Stereo speakers + no microphone
    Bluetooth headphones only need one mode because they don't have a microphone.
    • Stereo = Stereo speakers
    Airfly Pro is only designed to be used for stereo headphones or stereo speakers

I assume you are plugging the 3.5mm plug for the Airfly Pro into the input for the speakers
    You then connect the laptop to the Airfly Pro using Bluetooth
    For speakers in Zoom select Bluetooth Stereo
    For microphone you select some microphone such as the one built into the laptop

The limitation of this setup is that you will only hear one side of the call on the speakers. What you say into the microphone won't be heard at all on the speakers. Another problem is that Bluetooth only has a maximum range of about 30 feet.

MisterEd, Mar 15, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo?

1. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headphones Connecting

2. Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo: When I right click the "Headphones" option and click "Connect", nothing happens:https://i.imgur.com/8Z61Zo9.pngWhat should I do to enable this option?What I already tried: 1. Disabling "Handsfree telephony"Result: the "Headset" option disappears, but I still cannot connect it...
  3. Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo: When I right click the "Headphones" option and click "Connect", nothing happens:https://i.imgur.com/8Z61Zo9.pngWhat should I do to enable this option?What I already tried: 1. Disabling "Handsfree telephony"Result: the "Headset" option disappears, but I still cannot connect it...
  4. Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo?

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo?: Whenever I connect my Skullcandy Crusher Wireless 2016 via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 Laptop, it only connects through a mono channel where the audio sounds flushed or muffled. But when I connect the headphones to my Android phone, the sound is clear and normal. I ran the...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo?

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to Windows 10 Laptop in Mono but Not in Stereo?: Whenever I connect my Skullcandy Crusher Wireless 2016 via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 Laptop, it only connects through a mono channel where the audio sounds flushed or muffled. But when I connect the headphones to my Android phone, the sound is clear and normal. I ran the...
  7. Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono: My headphones JBL Live 400BT work fine when connected through the wire in both stereo and mono. However when I connect through Bluetooth I can only switch my output device to JBL LIVE400BT Hands-Free which I am pretty certain is the mono version of the headphones. Previously...
  8. Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono

Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono: My headphones JBL Live 400BT work fine when connected through the wire in both stereo and mono. However when I connect through Bluetooth I can only switch my output device to JBL LIVE400BT Hands-Free which I am pretty certain is the mono version of the headphones. Previously...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected

Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected: The Bluetooth headphones that I'm using are the JBL E45BTs and when I connect my headphones to my Windows 10 PC, the sound quality is terrible and there's no option to switch it to Stereo. I checked the Sound Playback list and saw that the Stereo option was disconnected for...
  10. bluetooth headphones not in stereo

bluetooth headphones not in stereo: I have Bose Bluetooth soundsport ear buds that when connected to Windows 10 Bluetooth will only play sound in the right ear due to them defaulting to the right ear telephony option. I have updated windows 10, all drivers, added and added the earbuds, rebooted a million times...