Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones connection - headset mode only

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones connection - headset mode only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I've bought panasonic wireless headphones and I tried connecting them with my phone (S8) and it works perfectly. With my Lenovo laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarcinGregorczyk, Mar 14, 2019 at 1:37 PM.

1. Bluetooth headphones connection - headset mode only

Hey, I've bought panasonic wireless headphones and I tried connecting them with my phone (S8) and it works perfectly. With my Lenovo laptop with windows 10 on the other hand it was a total disaster. I've been trying so solve the problem for a few weeks now. My headphones only connect as a headset which means the sound quality is very very poor. Rarely I manage to connect them in stereo mode.

Bluetooth drivers are updated, I tried turning off hands free telephony, reinstalled all the drivers, restarted pc and still nothing. Does someone have a solution for this. I mean it's 2019 and wireless headphones are nothing new, yet windows 10 cannot manage them. That's just ridiculous.

:)

MarcinGregorczyk, Mar 14, 2019 at 1:37 PM
  2. tsur1 Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

Bluetooth headphones connection - headset mode only [​IMG]

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

3. taward Win User

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

4. badrobot Win User

Bluetooth headphones connection - headset mode only

After connecting to your bluetooth, did you right-click on it and select "Set as Default Communication Device"?

Thema:

Bluetooth headphones connection - headset mode only

1. Bluetooth headphones connection - headset mode only - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones connection

2. Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.: I'm using some bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine. They create two separate playback devices in the Sound list, Headphones and Headset. Headphones is Stereo audio and set to Default device. Headset includes microphone recording audio as well and is set to default...
  3. Bluetooth headphones wont connect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headphones wont connect: Hyper gear headphones wont be detected went through the help still wont work can somebody please help me also im in Windows 10 pro and my headphones are Hypergear wireless v60 metal...
  4. XPS 9550 can only not connect to Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XPS 9550 can only not connect to Bluetooth headset: ...and that Bluetooth headset can connect to my phone, which can connect to my PC. It was working, BSOD, restart, can't connect, restart both and now I have the problem. Updated my main Bluetooth driver but that didn't help and yes, I ran troubleshooter, though it's never...
  5. Connecting Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Connecting Bluetooth headset: I need the link to download the correct Bluetooth software for my HP 15 P...… I'm not very computer literate need help ! thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-bluetooth-headset/c0ee2828-1022-491e-ab40-7d579f421949
  6. Connecting Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Connecting Bluetooth headset: I need the link to download the correct Bluetooth software for my HP 15 P...… I'm not very computer literate need help ! thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/connecting-bluetooth-headset/c0ee2828-1022-491e-ab40-7d579f421949
  7. Beats Headphones connect but not headset

Beats Headphones connect but not headset: I am trying to get my beats studio wireless headset to connect to my pc via bluetooth so I can make calls and talk to cortana. I can connect the headphones (listen to music all day and adjust the volume without problems) but the hands free headset is not connecting via...
  8. Beatx Bluetooth Headphones - No Sound Output on Headset Mode (Hands Free)

Beatx Bluetooth Headphones - No Sound Output on Headset Mode (Hands Free): Hi everyone, I have been using a pair of Beatx bluetooth headphones and have encountered an issue when using them on my laptop running Windows 10. The sound output works just fine when the Headphones playback device is selected, but when I try to select Headset (Hands...
  9. bluetooth headset connect.

bluetooth headset connect.: After going through all the steps, my pc does not recoginize my headset when it did before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-headset-connect/17a9c250-d2e5-434b-a654-601a192ec7c0
  10. Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not: All, I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone). I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they...