Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect if sound is not actively playing

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect if sound is not actively playing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a pair of jlab jbuds that used to use with my old laptop, a 2 year old Dell, with no problem whatsoever. I recently bought a brand new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanBenHelp, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect if sound is not actively playing

Hello,

I have a pair of jlab jbuds that used to use with my old laptop, a 2 year old Dell, with no problem whatsoever. I recently bought a brand new ASUS computer, and now those same headphones cannot stop disconnecting and reconnecting whenever there isn't any sound actively playing.

I have tried:

• restarting my computer
    • updating windows
    • deleting and redownloading the bluetooth driver
    • turning power saving settings off on my bluetooth settings
    • disconnecting and reconnecting the headphones
    • running the troubleshooter

None of these seem to work at all. Worth noting: because this is a new laptop, there is no "old" driver to "revert" to - this has been a problem since I opened the box. My computer is set to work with Bluetooth 5.1, my headphones are Bluetooth 5.0. Worth noting that I have a much older pair of Bluetooth headphones set to work with Bluetooth 3, and they do not have this problem. Only my newer pair of headphones with Bluetooth 5.0.

Please help me, this is driving me mad.

:)

DanBenHelp, Jun 10, 2020

2. Windows: Wireless/bluetooth headphones disconnect and then reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones
    laptop: surface laptop

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop, listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens and any audio played goes through laptop main speakers.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting/tab doesn't appear for my device)

tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers, making sure bluetooth service start automatically... Nothing seems to work

Any ideas how I can resolve this, so that my headphones can sit quetly for any amount of time without disconnecting / reconnecting without dropping the 'connected music' setting?

Alex Walker, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop (surface laptop), listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something
    and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any custom drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting doesn't exist now...)

Any ideas how I can resolve? (EG, headphones don't disconnect and reconnect without sound if sounds stop playing?)

AlexIWalker, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect if sound is not actively playing

Bluetooth headphones "disconnected" and will not reconnect

I recently bought new sony bluetooth headphones and they were working great (besides the fact that i had to go out and buy a dongle) until today when i noticed that only the "headset" would connect and there was not an option to input "headphones" like there
    was before. So then i went to "playback deceives and noticed that it listed "headphones" as disconnected. i right clicked on it and clicked "connect" but it didn't do anything. I disconnected and reconnect my "headset" to test if it was something with my
    Bluetooth but it disconnected and reconnect fine.

please help

Matthew2847, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect if sound is not actively playing

1. Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect if sound is not actively playing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones constantly

2. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.: The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing. In the hidden Icons menu, if I am fast enough, I can click on the USB devices icon to see what is connected. It shows as Generic USB 2 hub, or something similar.In device manager, I cannot see this device, as when it connects...
  3. Wireless bluetooth headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound...

Wireless bluetooth headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound...: مشكلتي مالقيت لها حلوموجوده بالتفصييل في ذا الرابط:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-keeps-disconnecting-and/d4d9d245-1d8f-4ba9-b81e-404857f0ee9aجربت كل شي ولا ضبط معي شي, هل السماعه خربانه ممكن؟افيدوني طلبتكم يا جماعه...
  4. Wireless bluetooth headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless bluetooth headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound...: مشكلتي مالقيت لها حلوموجوده بالتفصييل في ذا الرابط:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-keeps-disconnecting-and/d4d9d245-1d8f-4ba9-b81e-404857f0ee9aجربت كل شي ولا ضبط معي شي, هل السماعه خربانه ممكن؟افيدوني طلبتكم يا جماعه...
  5. Wireless bluetooth headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Disconnect Device Sound Playing Constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnect Device Sound Playing Constantly: Hi,My computer "blue-screened" and when it rebooted the device disconnected sound started playing once every second.I've narrowed it down to it being a Bluetooth problem. My Bluetooth mouse and keyboard have stopped responding too and when I disable Bluetooth in my device...
  7. Disconnect Device Sound Playing Constantly

Disconnect Device Sound Playing Constantly: Hi,My computer "blue-screened" and when it rebooted the device disconnected sound started playing once every second.I've narrowed it down to it being a Bluetooth problem. My Bluetooth mouse and keyboard have stopped responding too and when I disable Bluetooth in my device...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played

Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played: I recently got a new pair of wireless earbuds the other day and they wont stay connected to my pc. When I start to play anything through the earbuds they disconnect and reconnect after about 30 seconds. I've tried to update bluetooth drivers, reinstall bluetooth drivers,...
  9. Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect/reconnect, no power management option anymore...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect/reconnect, no power management option anymore...: This seems to be an issue with power managment trying to shut off anything taking battery. Bluetooth headphones stay connected if a video or music is playing, but once nothing is playing they seem to do an on/off cycle with the connection. Troubleshooting for this involved...
  10. Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound: Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information) headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones Issue: Headphones connect to laptop (surface laptop), listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music If I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my headphones disconnect after there is no sound