Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones controls don't work since Windows update 1803

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones controls don't work since Windows update 1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, as the title says it, the bluetooth headphones play/pause previous/next controls don't work anymore since update 1803 in many audio and video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sasarai.hikusaak, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Bluetooth headphones controls don't work since Windows update 1803

Hi, as the title says it, the bluetooth headphones play/pause previous/next controls don't work anymore since update 1803 in many audio and video players (VLC, MPC-HC...). An Administrator from MPC-HC made me try several fixing, none of them worked. I found this on VLC's forum:

"now VLC doesn't recognize any button I use with my Bluetooth headset to play/pause or next/previous hotkeys with the latest Windows update 1803, please I hope you can fix this."

"Same Problem. Does not work with VLC since recent update, but work with others software like foobar2000 for example.

I tried Foobar2000 and Groove and the playback controls WORK as the user said. Does anyone know a fix in Windows 10 for that? Thanks.

:)

sasarai.hikusaak, Sep 26, 2018
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Sep 26, 2018
  3. My Bluetooth headphones don't work since the last windows update

Hi Matthew,

There can be a connectivity issue on your Windows 10 PC since this issue only happens on a single device. We
    suggest that you run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. Follow these steps below to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Hardware and Devices under
      Device option.

• Follow on screen instructions.
    If the issue is still the same, we can update the latest Bluetooth drivers and check if that helps. Here's how:

• Type Device Manager.

• Right click on Bluetooth drivers and select
      Update.

If the Bluetooth headphones is still not working, uninstall and reinstall the latest Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 26, 2018
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth headphones controls don't work since Windows update 1803

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones controls don't work since Windows update 1803

1. Bluetooth headphones controls don't work since Windows update 1803 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones controls

2. Bluetooth headphones don't work since Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones don't work since Windows 11 update: Hello, since my laptop installed Windows 11 I have been unable to use my bluetooth headphones with it. Sony WH-CH510 I am able to pair them and they show up as a bluetooth device, but they aren't recognised as an output device. They do appear in the "All sound devices" menu,...
  3. Bluetooth headphones don't work since Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones don't work since Windows 11 update: Hello, since my laptop installed Windows 11 I have been unable to use my bluetooth headphones with it. Sony WH-CH510 I am able to pair them and they show up as a bluetooth device, but they aren't recognised as an output device. They do appear in the "All sound devices" menu,...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones Controls Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Controls Not Working Properly: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, TaoTronics TT-BH055, which work perfectly on my smartphone, but the pause button fails on my desktop computer. The TT-BH055 uses the same button for its play/pause functions. The button works fine for starting videos or music, but...
  5. Bluetooth not working right since update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working right since update?: so last night i updated my laptop, and today my bluetooth earbuds arent connecting to my laptop very well. theres a lot of crackling like what normally happens if i go to the other side of the house with my earbuds in, but im sitting about a foot away from my laptop. i tested...
  6. Bluetooth headphones not working properly since Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth headphones not working properly since Windows Update: Today my computer restarted with the september update, since then my bluetooth headphones which were working perfectly fine before, are now having some seriously weird lagging issues. It's a weird laggy stuttery mess. I've tried updating drivers, restarting, running the...
  7. Bluetooth not working since last Windows updates

Bluetooth not working since last Windows updates: Split from this thread. Same problem. I have a new-ish Dell Inspiron 5493 with Win 10 Home. Microsoft just updated the OS this evening and now my Bluetooth mouse is gone. So I go to Bluetooth settings and where there's normally a slider switch icon to turn Bluetooth...
  8. Buttons on bluetooth headphones don't work as they did with Win10 after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Buttons on bluetooth headphones don't work as they did with Win10 after an update: Dear members, After Win10 update "play/pause" & "next song"(so to say) buttons on my bluetooth headphones ceased working. They worked before an update just fine with Win10. Could you suggest any solution? Best regards, Eino...
  9. bluetooth media buttons don't work on 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bluetooth media buttons don't work on 1803 update: DON'T GIVE US THOSE STUPID SOLUTIONS BECAUSE NONE OF THEM WORKS, YOU OBVIOUSLY CHANGED SOMETHING WITH THE 1803 UPDATE THAT DISABLES BLUETOOTH CONTROLS FOR DESKTOP APPS, YOU WILL FIX THIS UNTIL THEN ENJOY MY POSTS, SINCE YOU'RE DISRESPECTFUL THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO...
  10. HeadPhones don't work

HeadPhones don't work: So last time I Disabled the head phones in the Sound>Playback device list and after that I couldn't see them on this list anymore (Even when checking Show Disabled Devices) I already tried Updating the Driver in Device Manager>Sound,Video and Game...