Windows 10: Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played

Discus and support Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a new pair of wireless earbuds the other day and they wont stay connected to my pc. When I start to play anything through the earbuds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sjk210, Oct 26, 2020.

1. sjk210 Win User

Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played

I recently got a new pair of wireless earbuds the other day and they wont stay connected to my pc. When I start to play anything through the earbuds they disconnect and reconnect after about 30 seconds. I've tried to update bluetooth drivers, reinstall bluetooth drivers, restart my pc, set the earbuds as default sound device, factory restart the earbuds, but nothing works. I've the earbuds on my iPhone and Android phones, and they work fine there. I've tried to look online for solutions but nothing there seems to fix my issue either. Any help will be appreciated.

:)

sjk210, Oct 26, 2020

2. Windows: Wireless/bluetooth headphones disconnect and then reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones
    laptop: surface laptop

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop, listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens and any audio played goes through laptop main speakers.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting/tab doesn't appear for my device)

tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers, making sure bluetooth service start automatically... Nothing seems to work

Any ideas how I can resolve this, so that my headphones can sit quetly for any amount of time without disconnecting / reconnecting without dropping the 'connected music' setting?

Alex Walker, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect if sound is not actively playing

Hello,

I have a pair of jlab jbuds that used to use with my old laptop, a 2 year old Dell, with no problem whatsoever. I recently bought a brand new ASUS computer, and now those same headphones cannot stop disconnecting and reconnecting whenever there isn't any
    sound actively playing.

I have tried:

• restarting my computer
    • updating windows
    • deleting and redownloading the bluetooth driver
    • turning power saving settings off on my bluetooth settings
    • disconnecting and reconnecting the headphones
    • running the troubleshooter

None of these seem to work at all. Worth noting: because this is a new laptop, there is no "old" driver to "revert" to - this has been a problem since I opened the box. My computer is set to work with Bluetooth 5.1, my headphones are Bluetooth 5.0. Worth
    noting that I have a much older pair of Bluetooth headphones set to work with Bluetooth 3, and they do not have this problem. Only my newer pair of headphones with Bluetooth 5.0.

Please help me, this is driving me mad.

DanBenHelp, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played

Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop (surface laptop), listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something
    and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any custom drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting doesn't exist now...)

Any ideas how I can resolve? (EG, headphones don't disconnect and reconnect without sound if sounds stop playing?)

AlexIWalker, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played

1. Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headphones disconnect

2. Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...: Ok, so i have my headphones the Redmi Ear Buds 3 lite and because my computer didnt have a blueetoth adaptor i bought one. So i tried the headphones in my phone and they work perfectly without static but when i use them in my pc, after playing any sound you hear a static...
  3. Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...: Ok, so i have my headphones the Redmi Ear Buds 3 lite and because my computer didnt have a blueetoth adaptor i bought one. So i tried the headphones in my phone and they work perfectly without static but when i use them in my pc, after playing any sound you hear a static...
  4. Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Not Playing Sound At All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Not Playing Sound At All: Hi Everyone,I just bought a laptop today with Windows 11. I am trying to hook up my bluetooth earbuds to it. It says connected for music and calls, but when I go to play anything, there is no sound coming out. I checked they drives it says that they are updated. Was wondering...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Not Playing Sound At All

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Not Playing Sound At All: Hi Everyone,I just bought a laptop today with Windows 11. I am trying to hook up my bluetooth earbuds to it. It says connected for music and calls, but when I go to play anything, there is no sound coming out. I checked they drives it says that they are updated. Was wondering...
  7. Bluetooth headphones Disconnects Automatically with a sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headphones Disconnects Automatically with a sound: Hi , a month back i installed windows 10 in my laptop and from there whenever i connect my Sony WH-CH 510 headphones , it first connects then automatically disconnects when i try to play an audio . i had run troubleshooter and had set bluetooth to automatic in services.msc...
  8. Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect if sound is not actively playing

Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect if sound is not actively playing: Hello, I have a pair of jlab jbuds that used to use with my old laptop, a 2 year old Dell, with no problem whatsoever. I recently bought a brand new ASUS computer, and now those same headphones cannot stop disconnecting and reconnecting whenever there isn't any sound...
  9. Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound: Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information) headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones Issue: Headphones connect to laptop (surface laptop), listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music If I don't...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones disconnect on first sound played (Sony WH-1000MX2)

Bluetooth Headphones disconnect on first sound played (Sony WH-1000MX2): Hi, this is a problem bothering me for a few days now. Out of the blue my Sony WH-1000MX2 disconnect whenever I try to play sound on windows. I switch on my headphones as usual, connect via "Bluetooth Devices" in notification area and get the "bluetooth connected"...