Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device?

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a pair of Bose headphones. The bluetooth connected, I think, so it shows up as paired but in the "other devices" section, and I can't figure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by e468, Jan 9, 2021.

1. e468 Win User

Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device?

I'm using a pair of Bose headphones. The bluetooth connected, I think, so it shows up as paired but in the "other devices" section, and I can't figure out how to route audio output to it.

:)

e468, Jan 9, 2021

2. Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Jan 9, 2021
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Naveen_M Win User

Bluetooth headphones 'connected', Audio, Voice not connected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. For us to isolate the issue and to assist you better, we'd like to ask you a few questions.

1. What is the make and the model number of the computer?

2. What is the make and the model number of the headphone?

3. Are the speakers muted when the headphone is plugged in?

4. Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

We can try a few steps and check if we can fix this.

Method 1: Remove and connect the Bluetooth headphone and check.

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.

3. Now click on the Bluetooth headphone and click on Remove device.

4. Turn off Bluetooth and the headphone and turn them back on, and Connect.

If the issue persists, try method 2.

Method 2: Enable the Bluetooth headphone.

1. Right click on the Volume icon on the taskbar.

2. Click on Sounds.

3. Navigate to Playback tab.

4. Right click on an empty space and select Show Disabled Devices.

5. Check if the Bluetooth headset is showing in the list.

6. Right click on the Bluetooth headphone and click Enable and check.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you to refer this article on
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    and try the suggestions showing under the
    Run the audio troubleshooter
    , Fix your audio driver,
    Set default device
    , and Turn off Audio Enhancements section and update us on the result.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones don't

2. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  3. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  4. AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth: Hello, I have airpod max headphones I am trying to connect to my PC. The Bluetooth says it is connected. But when I pull up my playback devices they don't show up for me to select them. And when I pull my sound decvies in playback they show up and they "disconnected" with a...
  5. AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth

AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth: Hello, I have airpod max headphones I am trying to connect to my PC. The Bluetooth says it is connected. But when I pull up my playback devices they don't show up for me to select them. And when I pull my sound decvies in playback they show up and they "disconnected" with a...
  6. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but do not show as Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Connect but do not show as Audio Device: Firstly, thank you in advance for your concern and your willingness to help out. Last week, I shut down my computer after a zoom call where I was using my Sony Bluetooth headphones. When I restarted, the Headphones connect to bluetooth but dont show as audio devices. Laptop:...
  8. headphone audio device not showing

headphone audio device not showing: So, today i was planning to get on my PC to play Minecraft and the sound was coming from my built in speakers. i thought it was weird so i went to the panel to check if my output device was still there and it wasn't. I've restarted a few times but no luck. i would be happy if...
  9. Bluetooth headphones don't appear as an audio device

Bluetooth headphones don't appear as an audio device: Suddenly out of the blue my Bluetooth headphones multiple pairs stopped showing up as selectable devices in the audio slider. I have unpaired and repaired all of them, yet still nothing pops up. I also went through the process to factory reset my laptop and still nothing is...
  10. Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device

Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device: I have a new laptop with windows 10 and have Bose bluetooth earphones. I have confirmed they are conncted by bluetooth and are showing up as paired but are not showing up as a playback device so I cant hear computer audio through them. I have tried uninstalling the driver...