Windows 10: Bluetooth Headphones Enter Sleep Mode When No Sound Is Playing

Discus and support Bluetooth Headphones Enter Sleep Mode When No Sound Is Playing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My problem is as simple as the title. By default, Windows 10 puts bluetooth devices into sleep mode after some period of inactivity. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Armstr27, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Armstr27 Win User

Bluetooth Headphones Enter Sleep Mode When No Sound Is Playing

My problem is as simple as the title. By default, Windows 10 puts bluetooth devices into sleep mode after some period of inactivity. This is unacceptable for my current use case, as I need my current Bluetooth headphones to be both wireless and active at all times while in use. The battery may drain faster, but I can simply plug them in when I am not using them. As it stands, I am unable to hear short notification sounds, nor am I able to do audio work that involves starting and stopping audio files to listen to instructions in small chunks.It seems it was previously possible to disable Window

:)

Armstr27, Sep 10, 2021
  2. gordon99 Win User

Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Sep 10, 2021
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Sep 10, 2021
  4. MisterEd Win User

Stereo Bluetooth Headphones do not reproduce stereo sound

Bluetooth 4.x headsets (headphones with microphone) have two modes:
    1. Stereo headset speakers with NO microphone
    2. Mono headset speakers with microphone

I see in the listing for your headphones it shows a microphone. Make sure your the audio is configured correctly so that you have stereo headphone speakers.

With your headphones connected with Bluetooth

Left-click on little speaker (bottom right on desktop)

Bluetooth Headphones Enter Sleep Mode When No Sound Is Playing [​IMG]

You should see current speaker for computer
    In this example headphones in stereo is selected

If you click on Headphones you will bring up all options

To see more…
    Right-click on little speaker (bottom right on desktop)

Select Sounds from list

If you want Stereo Headphones but NO microphone

Select Playback tab
    Make sure Headphones is the current playback device

Select Recording tab
    Make sure Microphone array (or similar) is the current recording device

MisterEd, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Headphones Enter Sleep Mode When No Sound Is Playing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headphones Enter

2. Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...: Ok, so i have my headphones the Redmi Ear Buds 3 lite and because my computer didnt have a blueetoth adaptor i bought one. So i tried the headphones in my phone and they work perfectly without static but when i use them in my pc, after playing any sound you hear a static...
  3. Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...: Ok, so i have my headphones the Redmi Ear Buds 3 lite and because my computer didnt have a blueetoth adaptor i bought one. So i tried the headphones in my phone and they work perfectly without static but when i use them in my pc, after playing any sound you hear a static...
  4. Static sound in my bluetooth headphones, for a while when there is sound playing when there...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth headphones enter sleep mode on Windows 11 when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones enter sleep mode on Windows 11 when playing a game: Hi,First, I've checked and tried answers from : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-enter-sleep-mode-when-no/c8f87bd2-b33c-4c53-8f46-e92c4476d88bWhen playing a game, the bluetooth headphones make stuttering noises when playing music.I've...
  6. Bluetooth headphones enter sleep mode on Windows 11 when playing a game

Bluetooth headphones enter sleep mode on Windows 11 when playing a game: Hi,First, I've checked and tried answers from : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-enter-sleep-mode-when-no/c8f87bd2-b33c-4c53-8f46-e92c4476d88bWhen playing a game, the bluetooth headphones make stuttering noises when playing music.I've...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Not Playing Sound At All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Not Playing Sound At All: Hi Everyone,I just bought a laptop today with Windows 11. I am trying to hook up my bluetooth earbuds to it. It says connected for music and calls, but when I go to play anything, there is no sound coming out. I checked they drives it says that they are updated. Was wondering...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Not Playing Sound At All

Bluetooth Headphones Not Playing Sound At All: Hi Everyone,I just bought a laptop today with Windows 11. I am trying to hook up my bluetooth earbuds to it. It says connected for music and calls, but when I go to play anything, there is no sound coming out. I checked they drives it says that they are updated. Was wondering...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played: I recently got a new pair of wireless earbuds the other day and they wont stay connected to my pc. When I start to play anything through the earbuds they disconnect and reconnect after about 30 seconds. I've tried to update bluetooth drivers, reinstall bluetooth drivers,...
  10. Sound not playing through headphones after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound not playing through headphones after sleep: submitted by /u/Phoenixboy222 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhmksu/sound_not_playing_through_headphones_after_sleep/