Windows 10: Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10

Discus and support Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I finally made the decision of moving to Windows 10 after years of being comfortable with Windows 7 today, and instantly I came across a really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by speeddog73, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10

So I finally made the decision of moving to Windows 10 after years of being comfortable with Windows 7 today, and instantly I came across a really really annoying problem with my Bluetooth configuration. For my PC I normally use Skullcandy Hesh 2 via a bluetooth connection, and for Windows 7 it's been perfectly fine. With Windows 10 however, the OS wants to focus on power-saving settings with bluetooth connections. I've found that everytime I connect my headphones, they're in a 'standby mode' when no audio is playing, so every time the headphones receive audio, it takes about a second to kick in. The main problem is that once the audio is done playing, after 3 seconds of inactivity, they go back into 'standby mode' with an ear-piercing disconnect bass-noise.

I did some digging and I'm not alone. Apparently with some new update, Microsoft decided to enforce care in Bluetooth Device battery life, and literally force a timer in telling the devices to go into 'standby mode' when they aren't needed to be used at the very second. Although their effort is logical and makes sense, I like many others find this excruciatingly annoying. With this sort of 'power-saving' enforcement, every single time I get a notification on an app such as Discord, the headphones turn-on and have the notification noise cut off from delay, and turn back off again in 3 seconds, with that bass noise, sounding like someone disconnected an aux cord from active speakers.
    Further inspection has made me realize that this has nothing to do with the headphones themselves. This also is an error with Bluetooth Mice and Keyboards, where Windows will disconnect them after 3 seconds of not being used.

This extreme annoyance has alone has made me revert to Windows 7 in a fit of rage. I really want a fix to this, my headphones are my main audio output and it's really aggravating when I try to do anything on my pc while wearing them.

-Things I've already tried-

-Uninstalling the headphones through Device Manager and reinstalling drivers

-Uninstalling the bluetooth adapter through Device Manager and reinstalling drivers

-Trying the 'Allow windows to disable this device to save power' tick- (Found it on one PC and tried turning it off but didn't fix my error. Main PC doesn't have the option at all.)

-Tried disabling/enabling some suspective settings in the headphones' properties

-Even tried messing around with Bluetooth services like enabling/disabling stuff

Don't even ask about updating my PC because I literally just installed the latest version of everything.

The problem here is that Windows wants to put the headphones into 'standby mode' in 3 seconds of not being used. A fix for this would be to adjust the timing for this setting so that it's something like 5 minutes instead of 3 seconds. Even if they don't go into the 'standby mode' at all, that would be a fix. I'd rather have a constant and continuous connection rather than an annoying 'flickering' one.

:)

speeddog73, Jan 19, 2019
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jan 19, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jan 19, 2019
  4. gordon99 Win User

Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10

Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10

1. Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headphones Enter

2. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity: About a week-ish ago there was an auto update ? for Windows 10 and it logged me out of my work/ institution email and I couldn't access any related application, I had to delete my profile and manually sign in again, but then I realized that leaving my laptop inactive for...
  3. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity: About a week-ish ago there was an auto update ? for Windows 10 and it logged me out of my work/ institution email and I couldn't access any related application, I had to delete my profile and manually sign in again, but then I realized that leaving my laptop inactive for...
  4. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10: Hello Dear Developpers, The similar question already had been asked and I am experiencing the same problem, I think that for energy saving purpose, windows stops bluetooth signal, when the device is idle, I am studying foreign languages on PC, and sometimes I want to check...
  6. Mouse became inactive after computer went into standby mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse became inactive after computer went into standby mode: I was installing a game from the windows store and while I was passing the time my computer when into stand by mode and the light in my logitech G502 hero mouse went out. I repluged it back into my keyboard which still had it's lights active but nothing so I had to hard...
  7. bluetooth headphone sound starts after 2 to 3 seconds delay

bluetooth headphone sound starts after 2 to 3 seconds delay: This problem happens whenever something tries to play a "new" sound for exemple when I watch a Youtube video the first 2 to 3 seconds of the video would always run with no sound, but when i rewind and rewatch them it works fine, another exemple with windows sound effects like...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10

Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-enter-standby-mode-after-3/d20e0843-f4a0-4c6f-8748-640dfee1c876 This is the link to a Microsoft forum that has a complaint about exactly the same thing that i am experiencing. I will just post a...
  9. Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity

Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity: When I connect an external monitor Samsung 27 "purchased in 2020 to my PC a Lenovo Carbon X1 7th gen. via HDMI both PC and monitor go to sleep after about20 seconds of inactivity. The problem occurs only if I set 'Extended Mode' to the second monitor. If mirrored then all...
  10. Wifi and bluetooth are shut down after standby mode

Wifi and bluetooth are shut down after standby mode: Dear community, When I put my Asus UX310UQ in standby mode for more than 10 minutes, the wifi and bluetooth are shut down. All drivers are up to date. For the wifi, I unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device..." But nothing works. (Windows 10 Pro 1809) Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth standby windows 10

2. bluetooth windows 10 inactivity\

3. windows 10 bluetooth standby

4. bluetooth headphones keep going on standby when using with computer,
  5. stand by mode on headphones,
  6. bluetooth sleep headphones,
  7. bluetooth headphones sleep timer,
  8. bluetooth mic standby mode,
  9. headphones going on standby mode windows 10,
  10. Bluetooth Headphones Enter Standby Mode after sometime,
  11. Bluetooth enters standby mode after 3s