Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones/headset only work for some audio

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones/headset only work for some audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey all. I have a Yoga 720, Windows 10. Just got some new Bluetooth headphones with a microphone. I connected them to the laptop and made the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CDubs1987, Apr 13, 2020.

1. CDubs1987 Win User

Bluetooth headphones/headset only work for some audio

Hey all. I have a Yoga 720, Windows 10. Just got some new Bluetooth headphones with a microphone. I connected them to the laptop and made the headphones the default speakers and made the headset the default mic. I can hear music/audio from my computer Spotify, YouTube, Camera, etc. but when I do a Zoom or Google Hangout call, the audio doesn't work in the headphones. The mic does, but despite my settings and having unpaired and repaired the device and rebooted my computer, etc., I cannot hear anything through my headphones. The speakers on the computer still work, however.

This may be a manufacturer issue, but are there any settings I'm missing on Windows 10 that would enable Bluetooth to work on these video call apps too?

:)

CDubs1987, Apr 13, 2020
  2. taward Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

Bluetooth headphones/headset only work for some audio [​IMG]

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Apr 13, 2020
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Apr 13, 2020
  4. tsur1 Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

tsur1, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth headphones/headset only work for some audio - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones headset

2. Bluetooth headphone Audio is not playing through some apps! Audio only works on groove...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphone Audio is not playing through some apps! Audio only works on groove...: My Bluetooth headphones worked fine until I upgraded to 22H2 recently. When I test the audio in settings app, it doesn't play any sounds, but it works in groove music and YouTube via MS edge WebView content. The audio doesn't work in any other apps like pot player, vlc, even...
  3. Bluetooth headphone Audio is not playing through some apps! Audio only works on groove...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphone Audio is not playing through some apps! Audio only works on groove...: My Bluetooth headphones worked fine until I upgraded to 22H2 recently. When I test the audio in settings app, it doesn't play any sounds, but it works in groove music and YouTube via MS edge WebView content. The audio doesn't work in any other apps like pot player, vlc, even...
  4. Bluetooth headphones only work for some audios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones only work for some audios: I'm done buying a new Bluetooth headset with a mic. I connected them to the laptop and made the headphones the default speakers and the headphones the default microphone. I can listen to music / audio from my computer Spotify, Netflix, etc. but when I make a Zoom or Google...
  5. Bluetooth headphones only work for some audios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones only work for some audios: I'm done buying a new Bluetooth headset with a mic. I connected them to the laptop and made the headphones the default speakers and the headphones the default microphone. I can listen to music / audio from my computer Spotify, Netflix, etc. but when I make a Zoom or Google...
  6. Bluetooth headphones only work for some audios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth headphones for audio only

Bluetooth headphones for audio only: I've had issues using bluetooth headphones and headsets with windows, first with a pair of Raycon E25s and now with a pair of Sennheiser PXC 550-II s. I want to connect to my Windows PC wirelessly using bluetooth and simply have it used as if it were a regular pair of...
  8. Bluetooth headset only connecting as a pair of headphones

Bluetooth headset only connecting as a pair of headphones: When I paired my Bluetooth headset it only showed it as an audio device not a headset like this. it shows that it is connected for music. Can anyone help me be able to connect it as a headset so I can use my mic that is on them [ATTACH]...
  9. Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones: I've got a pair of Bluetooth headphones, which I want to use to listen to audio on my PC and don't need to use as a headset (although they do contain a microphone for that purpose). When I pair them to my PC, two audio devices show up as available. One is a hands-free...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting as Headset Only

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting as Headset Only: Hi, I am having an issue with two different pairs of bluetooth headphones (Plantronics and Senso - different manufacturers) only connecting to my PC as a bluetooth "headset", when they used to connect as both "headset" and "headphones". Normally the headphones would be an...