Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am attempting to set up a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones to my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.1466 machine.I can connect the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Just_Ero, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Just_Ero Win User

Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager

I am attempting to set up a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones to my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.1466 machine.I can connect the headphones just fine and they end up showing up as "paired" once done. However, according to Sony's user manual, a voice should say "Bluetooth connected" once the pairing is successful this is true, since I know this from my mobile device. It does not play this sound and the device shows up asModel: Bluetooth LE Device 38184cd4923eCategory: UnknownStatus: PairedI cannot use the headphones as a Playback Device. The headphones are listed

:)

Just_Ero, Jan 13, 2022
  2. GOF1717 Win User

Wireless Headphones listed in "Unknown" category, NOT as Playback Device

System

WIN 10 Pro

I am trying to set up some bluetooth Headphones. Already reloaded Bluetooth Drivers, sound drivers etc.

I can connect via blue tooth, and see that they are connected but; They are not listed as a sound/playback device, so I cannot select them for playback (by clicking on the speaker symbol on the desktop)

When I go into the device manager, I see the headphones, but they are listed as "Category Unknown". Windows doesn't know what to do with them

Under Bluetooth devices, they are listed under "Other Devices" PAIRED

When I run the Sound Troubleshooter, it says that the headphone jack is on the front of the computer (it thinks they are unplugged).

Bottom line: How do I get Win 10 to realize that bluetooth headphones should be listed as a playback/sound device?

GOF1717, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager [​IMG]

putermaker, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager

X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager

1. Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones listed

2. "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device": About the problemIssueWhen trying to connect my computer to my Sony WH-1000XM3 Headset through Bluetooth, I cannot find the correct device. Instead I see a list of dozens and dozens of "Unknown device" that continues to update.GoalMy main goal is to get rid of all the...
  3. "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device": About the problemIssueWhen trying to connect my computer to my Sony WH-1000XM3 Headset through Bluetooth, I cannot find the correct device. Instead I see a list of dozens and dozens of "Unknown device" that continues to update.GoalMy main goal is to get rid of all the...
  4. Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager: I am attempting to set up a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones to my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.1466 machine.I can connect the headphones just fine and they end up showing up as "paired" once done. However, according to Sony's user manual, a voice...
  5. Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones listed in "Unknown" category in device manager: I am attempting to set up a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones to my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.1466 machine.I can connect the headphones just fine and they end up showing up as "paired" once done. However, according to Sony's user manual, a voice...
  6. bluetooth not listed under device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth not listed under device manager: is there a way to get bluetooth to show up under the device manager? windows is up to date. i'm guessing i need to reinstall drivers but can't seem to find where to do that. thanks...
  7. Wireless Headphones listed in "Unknown" category, NOT as Playback Device

Wireless Headphones listed in "Unknown" category, NOT as Playback Device: System WIN 10 Pro I am trying to set up some bluetooth Headphones. Already reloaded Bluetooth Drivers, sound drivers etc. I can connect via blue tooth, and see that they are connected but; They are not listed as a sound/playback device, so I cannot select them for playback...
  8. Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device

Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device: I'm having trouble getting audio to play through my Bluetooth headphones. I am able to successfully connect them to my computer, but I cannot figure out where to set them as the playback device. They are not listed in the Sound panel (even when showing disabled and...
  9. Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager under Other Devices category

Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager under Other Devices category: Hi All, On My Windows 10 Desktop, I am seeing few unknown devices in the Device Manager under Other Devices category. Please help me understand and know which are these devices for. Shown in the image attachment: [img] These devices are confusing, especially Nokia Obex...
  10. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager: I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are...