Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones mute apps?

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones mute apps? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, so I've recently bought a Sony WH-XB700, and I use it for music, as well as audiocalls. At first I thought it was because of Discord, but now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dénes Péter, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headphones mute apps?

Okay, so I've recently bought a Sony WH-XB700, and I use it for music, as well as audiocalls.

At first I thought it was because of Discord, but now I moved to Skype, and when I join a Skype call, or even just ring someone, all the other apps music, games, movies, anything are instantly muted, and even when I quit Skype completely, not just moving it to the tray, the other apps are still muted. They only work once I rebooted my computer/reconnected my Bluetooth headphones.

This is utterly frustrating, as I am sometimes unable to use a speaker, and I sometimes need to listen to other apps, while in-call. Not to mention the hassle of always rebooting my system, my apps, or reconnect my headphones.

Please help, I am at the end of my wits already.

Faitfully, Peter

:)

Dénes Péter, Mar 23, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic.
    Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone.
    Therefore all hardware works.

However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom headphone.

I have tried re-boots, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling, re-loading drivers, etc. I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Sigurd, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Bluetooth headphones mute apps?

bluetooth headphones

Hi,

We see that you are having issues connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10 Home laptop. Your Bluetooth headphones might be paired with your PC but it's not connected. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Make sure your Bluetooth headphones is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth headphones, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth headphones, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth headphones now.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones mute apps?

1. Bluetooth headphones mute apps? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones mute

2. Windows 11 mutes headphone sound if an app is using the microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mutes headphone sound if an app is using the microphone: I have a similar problem like here: https://answers.microsoft.com/ru-ru/windows/forum/all/windows-10/98138a7a-b2f3-4dcb-be0f-83b55118e306The essence of the problem: when you start any application using a microphone, the sound is muted and becomes distant.But I've already...
  3. Windows 11 mutes headphone sound if an app is using the microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mutes headphone sound if an app is using the microphone: I have a similar problem like here: https://answers.microsoft.com/ru-ru/windows/forum/all/windows-10/98138a7a-b2f3-4dcb-be0f-83b55118e306The essence of the problem: when you start any application using a microphone, the sound is muted and becomes distant.But I've already...
  4. Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones: I have a W11 issue started with W10 and over a year ago, HP laptop. I have it connected to Bluetooth headphones or earbuds that have a microphone. This has happened with multiple devices: Samsung buds, Marley headphones, MPOW headphones, all wireless and with mic.The...
  5. Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones: I have a W11 issue started with W10 and over a year ago, HP laptop. I have it connected to Bluetooth headphones or earbuds that have a microphone. This has happened with multiple devices: Samsung buds, Marley headphones, MPOW headphones, all wireless and with mic.The...
  6. mute bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mute bluetooth headphones: since updating to 1909 i cannot mute my headphones. when i click on the toggle, the 'X' appears instantly, beeps, then disappears. 158004
  7. mute bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Support
    mute bluetooth headphones: since updating to 1909 i cannot mute my headphones. when i click on the toggle, the 'X' appears instantly, beeps, then disappears. 158004
  8. Can't Mute Bluetooth headphones

Can't Mute Bluetooth headphones: Like the title says, I cannot mute my Bluetooth headphones, but only my Bluetooth headphones. Whenever I try to mute, whether with my keyboard or with the sound panel, it would not let me mute it. It will flash to 0 for a split second but then bounce back to whatever it was....
  9. Can't mute Headphones!

Can't mute Headphones!: I am able to set my Windows volume to 0%, but if I want to use the windows mute shortcut or a mute shortcut on my mouse or keyboard it doesn't work at all. This only happens with my "Sony wh 900n" Bluetooth headphones, other audio devices don't show the same effect. So my...
  10. Applications Being Muted by other Applications on Bluetooth Headphones

Applications Being Muted by other Applications on Bluetooth Headphones: Hello Everyone, I'm having a really annoying and weird problem with audio on Windows 10, and that's every time I'm playing audio on my Bluetooth headphones (Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless) on Spotify or YouTube etc. and I open up a game or some regular apps in Windows, the...