Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones, need to click add device + allow every time when connecting

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones, need to click add device + allow every time when connecting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop with Win 10 Home and I have a weird problem, every time when I connect my Bluetooth headphones I need to click add device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sindecay, Nov 8, 2020.

1. sindecay Win User

Bluetooth headphones, need to click add device + allow every time when connecting

I bought a new laptop with Win 10 Home and I have a weird problem, every time when I connect my Bluetooth headphones I need to click add device notification and then allow in Bluetooth menu, it's really annoying and takes too many steps for a simple thing. I don't have this problem with my desktop PC. I tried to uncheck "Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect" but then headphones won't connect. I also tried to change services settings and reinstalled drivers, but no luck. Is there any way to get it to work like normal without these steps?

:)

sindecay, Nov 8, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Bazsl Win User
    Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10

I upgraded my Lenovo W530 running Win7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I can no longer connect to my bluetooth headphones which worked before the upgrade. The bluetooth radio is on. When I click Connect in the Action Center it shows that the headphones are connected but they are not. The headphones (actually my hearing aids) play a notification sound when a bluetooth connection is made and I never hear that sound. If I play music the sound goes to the speaker, not my headphones. I have removed the headphones and repaired them. I have checked that all of the bluetooth device drivers are up to date in Device Manager. I would really appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks.

Bazsl, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Twinblaze Win User

Bluetooth headphones, need to click add device + allow every time when connecting

Windows 10 says bluetooth headphones are connected but also not connected

This is one of those nightmare issues where it seems to only be a problem between one computer and one device. The headphones connect just fine on other windows 10 machines, and other bluetooth headphones connect just fine to this computer.

Details:

Upon adding the device in bluetooth, windows says the headphones are connected, but the headphones do not indicate they are connected. The headphones are listed with three separate entries in the bluetooth settings window, under input devices, audio, and unspecified, but this is also the case on the computer where the headphones work just fine. In playback devices, the headphones are listed, but show as disconnected. Selecting "connect" does nothing.

In Devices and printers, the headphones show as connected and troubleshooter finds no problems. If the devices were paired by selecting the available devices listing that the headphone instructions say to select, the right-click menu does not show the "control" option. If paired by selecting the other listing, the control option will be there, but the only option will be to use the device as a proximity lock. Also pairing this way will cause the default windows 10 bluetooth settings window to minimize instantly whenever opened until the device is removed.

Steps already taken:

Used both device manager and a driver utility to check for for driver updates, uninstalled bluetooth devices and drivers and reinstalled, ran sfc /scannow, restarted pc and re-paired headphones numerous times.

Twinblaze, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth headphones, need to click add device + allow every time when connecting - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones need

2. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device: I am using Windows 11 on my Asus Notebook. I connect my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones via bluetooth they connect,However I do not have any headphones output device.Heaphones work fine on all other devices. Have been working fine untill now on laptop however I did notice it took...
  3. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  4. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  5. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. My computer keeps restarting when connected to Bluetooth device - Not every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps restarting when connected to Bluetooth device - Not every time: My dell pc is getting restarted frequently when I use a Bluetooth headset. It is getting a DPC watchdog violation right in the middle of a Zoom meeting or watching videos. It happens mostly in Zoom meetings while using a microphone. Also, the audio is not clear in Zoom...
  7. My computer keeps restarting when connected to Bluetooth device - Not every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps restarting when connected to Bluetooth device - Not every time: My dell pc is getting restarted frequently when I use a Bluetooth headset. It is getting a DPC watchdog violation right in the middle of a Zoom meeting or watching videos. It happens mostly in Zoom meetings while using a microphone. Also, the audio is not clear in Zoom...
  8. My computer keeps restarting when connected to Bluetooth device - Not every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Connecting a Bluetooth device - headphones

Connecting a Bluetooth device - headphones: I have turned on my headphones, paired it successfully, Bluetooth is turned on, the driver is up to date and yet the sound doesn't switch to the headphones from the computer. Any ideas?...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones Clicking Sound When Connected

Bluetooth Headphones Clicking Sound When Connected: I've connected my Sony Bluetooth headphones MDR-ZX770BT to my Dell XPS 15 laptop. Following are the details on installed Windows specification: Edition : Windows 10 Pro Version : 20H2 OS build : 19042.789 However any sound which comes through to my headphones from my...