Windows 10: Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output

Discus and support Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have seen this problem multiple times in the Microsoft communities, but not yet with a resolution. I also haven't seen it with my computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Musicana1616, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output

Hello!

I have seen this problem multiple times in the Microsoft communities, but not yet with a resolution. I also haven't seen it with my computer, namely an LG gram 14 also with Windows 10 Home.

My Bluetooth Headphones pair easily, and immediately show up as "paired." Importantly, I can't get them to show up as "connected" which may be part of the problem as it seems Bluetooth device status changes to "connected" once they are in use.

In any case, no matter what I do, they will not show up as a possible audio playback device in the sound control panel, and they also won't show up as a possible audio output device in the normal sound settings.

When I use the audio troubleshooter, all it says is that my headphones "are not plugged in" which is unhelpful for a Bluetooth device.

I have tried several suggested processes of updating or uninstalling and reinstalling various drivers, all to no avail.

Has anyone had this problem and actually come across a solution? It's incredibly frustrating.

Thanks!

:)

Musicana1616, Jan 11, 2021
  2. 58
    58 Win User

Bluetooth Headphones - connected but not available as playback device

Hi Saltgrass,

Thank you for your comments. No, unfortunately it is not showing at the top. I've removed and the device, uninstalled drivers and re-installed drivers and re-paired. No go. Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output :(

And the button on the headphones doesn't result in the playback device menu populating with the bluetooth headphones. I get an audio beep indicating it connected to the pc and then after 3 min or so with no signal it automatically disconnects.

Again I can connect my headphone to my nexus and laptop with no issues whatsoever and I can connect other devices to my pc via bluetooth. The only thing that doesn't work is the headphones and pc - and I believe this has something to do with the playback
    devices not recognizing the headphones but I don't understand why.

Thanks again

3. fishr Win User
    Making Bluetooth headphones the audio output device

I finally got my Bluetooth headphones to connect to my PC (Windows 10) but I'm not getting any sound through them. When I try to change my audio output device to them, I don't see them listed. I do see them under Bluetooth devices in Device Manager.

fishr, Jan 11, 2021
  4. caperjack Win User

Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output

1. Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headphones paired

2. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  4. Tozo T6 bluetooth headphones connected but not available as audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tozo T6 bluetooth headphones connected but not available as audio output device: I have the headphones connected, Windows recognizes them as headphones and everything, but in the sound tab they don't even show up as an option for audio output. I've tried unpairing and pairing them multiple times but it still isn't available. What am I doing wrong?...
  5. Tozo T6 bluetooth headphones connected but not available as audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tozo T6 bluetooth headphones connected but not available as audio output device: I have the headphones connected, Windows recognizes them as headphones and everything, but in the sound tab they don't even show up as an option for audio output. I've tried unpairing and pairing them multiple times but it still isn't available. What am I doing wrong?...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices: Even after successfully pairing there is no audio in my bt audio devices. Ive tried everything restarting bt services, updating drivers everything. But no success....
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices

Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices: Even after succefully pairing there is no audio in my bt audio dvices. Ive tried everything restarting bt services, updating drivers everything.But no success....
  8. Sending audio output to Bluetooth paired headphones

Sending audio output to Bluetooth paired headphones: I have LE-Bose NC 700 HP headphones, have added them to my Windows 10 desktop’s Bluetooth devices. My Audio currently goes to Speakers / Headphones Realtek Audio. How do I make my Windows 10 Audio go to the Bose headphones? Thanks, Pete...
  9. Making Bluetooth headphones the audio output device

Making Bluetooth headphones the audio output device: I finally got my Bluetooth headphones to connect to my PC Windows 10 but I'm not getting any sound through them. When I try to change my audio output device to them, I don't see them listed. I do see them under Bluetooth devices in Device Manager....
  10. Bluetooth Headphones paired & connected but do not show in output devices

Bluetooth Headphones paired & connected but do not show in output devices: I have run troubleshooters & reinstalled drivers. Not sure what to do next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-paired-connected-but-do-not/e4c8ae7e-9a77-4e6f-96f6-508beddfd698