Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying to get my bluetooth headphpones to work with my computer for about an hour or so, and have been unable to make any progress. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Josh Sealy, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio

I've been trying to get my bluetooth headphpones to work with my computer for about an hour or so, and have been unable to make any progress.

My headphones are JBL Live 500BT, and my computer is a Lenovo Legion 5.

In bluetooth settings the headphones show up as paired, but will not play any audio. They aren't paired with my phone so I know that isn't the issue. In sound settings the only speaker option is the one built into the computer, so I can't switch it over to the headphones.

I've tried troubleshooting and updating the drivers and such, but have had no such luck with anything. My headphone cord has somewhat shorted out so I'm hoping to be able to fix the bluetooth issue as the replacement cords don't seem to be as good as the original.

:)

Josh Sealy, Apr 6, 2021
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Bluetooth audio headset not recognized by Windows - won't pair/connect

Hi,

I've run into a problem recently with pairing my wireless Bose Soundsport headphones to my PC. Up until recently, the headphones paired and worked fine with my PC and iPhone simultaneously. I have 2 pairs of these exact headphones, and neither of them connect to this PC. However, they still connect to any other device.

The problem I am experiencing has persisted ever since I installed a graphics driver update via the GeForce Experience application (version 397.64, released on 05/09/2018). I updated this driver as a result of a few Memory_Management BSOD's and crashes while playing Fortnite.

Before anyone says, "Have you tried a troubleshooter / reinstall bluetooth drivers / make device discoverable / etc..." , please know that I've gone through the basic steps to solve problems like these. The only thing I haven't done is revert to a previous graphics driver - as I'd rather not do that. From a few hours of research, I haven't seen a problem similar to this.

What I Am Experiencing:
    - I've paired and un-paired this device many times in the past. So I know the procedure.
    - When I set the headphones to "Ready to Pair", the device name is expected to appear in the device list after clicking "Add Bluetooth or other device" in Windows Bluetooth settings.
    - Instead, I only see an audio device called "Headphone" that, when clicked, will just say "Connecting..." indefinitely (see attached image).

In the past, the "Add Bluetooth or other device" would display the name of the device (Bose Soundsport), whereas now it only displays "Headphone". Why can my PC only see the headphones?

Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio [​IMG]

davyjones90, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio

Bluetooth headphones pairs and connects but not connected on "audio devices"

I have Apple BeatsX bluetooth headphones that pair and connect with my phone and other devices easily.

Today I was able to pair and connect my headphones easily to my Dell XPS13, but when I tried to play audio it still plays out of the laptop speakers. When I checked Windows 10 bluetooth settings, it says my headphones are connected. When I check "audio devices"
    on my sound settings it says "Disconnected" for my bluetooth headphones.

I have checked my drivers for bluetooth and audio settings, and they appear up to date. Updated all Dell and Windows 10 drivers. Still bluetooth connects, but no audio connection.

Anyone have any ideas on why it's not working?

Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio 7bffc0b0-e254-4b37-9f67-8503d4fdeac7.jpg

Radderthanrad, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio

1. Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones paired

2. Bluetooth headphones paired but will not connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones paired but will not connect: My Bluetooth headphones used to connect with my PC just fine. Recently however they refuse to connect. Paired but not connecting ...read what is advised ,still not working...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not pairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones not pairing: Hi. I'm trying to pair my Bluetooth Bose headphones with Windows. I set the headphones in pairing mode and Windows identifies them but doesn't connect. I'm getting an error: try connecting your device again.Any suggestion on how to resolve this?...
  4. Bluetooth headphones not pairing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not pairing: Hi. I'm trying to pair my Bluetooth Bose headphones with Windows. I set the headphones in pairing mode and Windows identifies them but doesn't connect. I'm getting an error: try connecting your device again.Any suggestion on how to resolve this?...
  5. bluetooth headphones connected but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth headphones connected but not playing audio: i connected my bluetooth headphones to my laptop but they arent connected to audio or playing sound. i tried connecting them to my phone and it worked. are my headphones broken or is it my computer.im using a mpow 059 for headphones and a HP Laptop 17-by2xxx notebook pc...
  6. Bluetooth headphones pair, but do not connect to computer audio.

Bluetooth headphones pair, but do not connect to computer audio.: Hello, I have had the same set of Bluetooth headphones for a few years now. They have worked fine until yesterday. They were acting odd, so I decided to remove their Bluetooth connection and try to re-pair them I have done this before and they have worked fine. When I paired...
  7. Sending audio output to Bluetooth paired headphones

Sending audio output to Bluetooth paired headphones: I have LE-Bose NC 700 HP headphones, have added them to my Windows 10 desktop’s Bluetooth devices. My Audio currently goes to Speakers / Headphones Realtek Audio. How do I make my Windows 10 Audio go to the Bose headphones? Thanks, Pete...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.

Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.: I have a pair of Mee BTX2 bluetooth earphones that work normally on my phone but not on my laptop Asus Zephyrus GA502DU. I can pair and connect to the earphones and they play audio only when the hands-free device is selected as the playback device, not the stereo mode which...
  9. Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones: I've got a pair of Bluetooth headphones, which I want to use to listen to audio on my PC and don't need to use as a headset (although they do contain a microphone for that purpose). When I pair them to my PC, two audio devices show up as available. One is a hands-free...
  10. Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio: Hello all, The basic info: I have a Dell XPS-15 running Windows 10, a Denon AVR-S710W receiver and Google Wifi. The receiver is hardwired to one of the Google Wifi pucks. Through iTunes, I'm able to use Apple Airplay to play my music library through my receiver and...