Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got a pair of Bluetooth headphones, which I want to use to listen to audio on my PC and don't need to use as a headset (although they do contain a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/h-protagon, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones

I've got a pair of Bluetooth headphones, which I want to use to listen to audio on my PC and don't need to use as a headset (although they do contain a microphone for that purpose).

When I pair them to my PC, two audio devices show up as available. One is a hands-free Bluetooth headset, and the other is stereo Bluetooth headphones. When I select the headset, audio works but the sound quality is pretty bad. I figure it should sound better in headphone mode, but when I select that as my output device no sound actually plays through the headphones. Checking the sound settings, I can confirm that Windows does recognize that sound is playing; I just can't hear it.

Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround? Thanks in advance for any help!

submitted by /u/h-protagon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/h-protagon, Mar 27, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Mar 27, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones [​IMG]

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Mar 27, 2020
  4. tsur1 Win User

Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

tsur1, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones

1. Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones play

2. Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones: Hello, I have a problem with Bluetooth headphones. I can't use any app for chatting Discord, Telegram, Zoom, etc and be able to simultaneously play any media in good quality including any game. Other users also report the same problem and so far there is no solution to it on...
  3. Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones: Hello, I have a problem with Bluetooth headphones. I can't use any app for chatting Discord, Telegram, Zoom, etc and be able to simultaneously play any media in good quality including any game. Other users also report the same problem and so far there is no solution to it on...
  4. Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio: Aw shoot, here we go again. YEAH MICROSOFT, YOU STILL DID NOT FIX IT!So recently I've updated my drivers and my by bluetooth headset failed to work. Before that, however I had to disable bluetooth, set my headset into pairing mode, and than turn bt on again - because if I...
  5. Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio: Aw shoot, here we go again. YEAH MICROSOFT, YOU STILL DID NOT FIX IT!So recently I've updated my drivers and my by bluetooth headset failed to work. Before that, however I had to disable bluetooth, set my headset into pairing mode, and than turn bt on again - because if I...
  6. bluetooth headphones connected but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth headphones connected but not playing audio: i connected my bluetooth headphones to my laptop but they arent connected to audio or playing sound. i tried connecting them to my phone and it worked. are my headphones broken or is it my computer.im using a mpow 059 for headphones and a HP Laptop 17-by2xxx notebook pc...
  7. Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio

Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio: I've been trying to get my bluetooth headphpones to work with my computer for about an hour or so, and have been unable to make any progress. My headphones are JBL Live 500BT, and my computer is a Lenovo Legion 5. In bluetooth settings the headphones show up as paired,...
  8. Headphones and headset problem win10?

Headphones and headset problem win10?: Hello I have a big problem with my headset I hear myself and I can still hear noise what can be the reason? I have win 10 and I have also tried it with another headset and always the same someone can help me. Kopfhörer und Headset Problem win10?
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.

Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.: I have a pair of Mee BTX2 bluetooth earphones that work normally on my phone but not on my laptop Asus Zephyrus GA502DU. I can pair and connect to the earphones and they play audio only when the hands-free device is selected as the playback device, not the stereo mode which...
  10. Bluetooth Headset Recognised as Headphone

Bluetooth Headset Recognised as Headphone: I try to connect to a new headset for the first time. There are 2 separate bluetooth drivers were installed when the device is connected, for headphone no microphone and for headset with microphone. The device is only recognised as headphone so the microphone is not...