Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones unable to use microphone when connecting to Windows 10

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones unable to use microphone when connecting to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so, when I connect my Bluetooth neckband to my laptop hp omen I only get audio playbackoutput. the audio inputmicrophone does not work. when I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnuragGhosh1, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Bluetooth headphones unable to use microphone when connecting to Windows 10

so, when I connect my Bluetooth neckband to my laptop hp omen I only get audio playbackoutput. the audio inputmicrophone does not work. when I go to Sounds option and try to change the device, I click on recording tab in Sounds the playback goes mute. now there are also two options in playback, one considers these headphones as headset and the other considers it as a headphone. when I change the playback to the other option the mic works. but now the playback audio turns to mono and audio quality are severely degraded. this is a big NO for me since I game on this system as well and we ca

:)

AnuragGhosh1, Dec 25, 2022
  2. JoeShades Win User

Bluetooth headphones

I bought these headphones Amazon.com: Matone® Qy8 [New Version Qy7] V4.1 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Best In-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones with Microphone for Running, Sports Accessories. I connected them fine to my Iphone and Ipod but having problems with Windows I got them to pair but sound still comes through regular speakers only. In sound settings it lists the bluetooth headphones but says disconnected. I click on connect but that does nothing. Do not know what else to do

JoeShades, Dec 25, 2022
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Dec 25, 2022
  4. Bluetooth headphones unable to use microphone when connecting to Windows 10

Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Dec 25, 2022
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones unable to use microphone when connecting to Windows 10

1. Bluetooth headphones unable to use microphone when connecting to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones unable

2. Unable to connect or remove Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect or remove Bluetooth headphones: Previously it worked fine.I have followed the instructions as best as I am able - but have hit a point beyond which I cannot progress.Device name DESKTOP-91AVJSJ Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.90 GB usable Device ID...
  3. Unable to connect or remove Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect or remove Bluetooth headphones: Previously it worked fine.I have followed the instructions as best as I am able - but have hit a point beyond which I cannot progress.Device name DESKTOP-91AVJSJ Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.90 GB usable Device ID...
  4. Bluetooth headphones unable to use microphone when connecting to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones unable to use microphone when connecting to Windows 10: so, when I connect my Bluetooth neckband to my laptop hp omen I only get audio playbackoutput. the audio inputmicrophone does not work. when I go to Sounds option and try to change the device, I click on recording tab in Sounds the playback goes mute. now there are also two...
  5. Bluetooth headphones unable to use microphone when connecting to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones unable to use microphone when connecting to Windows 10: so, when I connect my Bluetooth neckband to my laptop hp omen I only get audio playbackoutput. the audio inputmicrophone does not work. when I go to Sounds option and try to change the device, I click on recording tab in Sounds the playback goes mute. now there are also two...
  6. bluetooth headphones connecting as microphone but not audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth headphones connecting as microphone but not audio: After a driver updated my bluetooth devices connect as voice but not as audio I have tried to:Connect it manually in the sound managment nothing happen, it doesn´t connectUninstall and install drivers nothing happenReturn to the previous version nothing happenTrobleshooting...
  7. bluetooth headphones connecting as microphone but not audio

bluetooth headphones connecting as microphone but not audio: After a driver updated my bluetooth devices connect as voice but not as audio I have tried to:Connect it manually in the sound managment nothing happen, it doesn´t connectUninstall and install drivers nothing happenReturn to the previous version nothing happenTrobleshooting...
  8. Windows 11 unable to connect to bluetooth headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to connect to bluetooth headphone: So I just messed up with my bluetooth headphone. Now I'm unable to connect to the WH-1000XM4 Headphones but still can connect to the Headsets. Remove the device and reinstall the bluetooth driver wouldn't help. Anyone have any idea about this ?...
  9. Windows 11 unable to connect to bluetooth headphone

Windows 11 unable to connect to bluetooth headphone: So I just messed up with my bluetooth headphone. Now I'm unable to connect to the WH-1000XM4 Headphones but still can connect to the Headsets. Remove the device and reinstall the bluetooth driver wouldn't help. Anyone have any idea about this ?...
  10. Unable to connect bluetooth headphones to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect bluetooth headphones to PC: I have a pair of Sony wh-1000xm3 bluetooth headphones which were working fine for ages on both phone and PC. But something weird was happening on the PC throughout the whole time I was using it. If I had the PC turned on with bluetooth on and then turned on the headphones...