Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to...

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My TaoTronics TT-BH22 were working fine yesterday when they suddenly lost sound. This had happened multiple times before, so I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ealize, Apr 20, 2021.

1. ealize Win User

Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to...

Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to... 742417b9-dec8-4c7e-8bc7-9d1ce296c9c0?upload=true.png

My TaoTronics TT-BH22 were working fine yesterday when they suddenly lost sound. This had happened multiple times before, so I decided to click "remove device" and then re-add it. It then went into the "other devices" section, and I figured out that the services were unchecked. So I fixed that, and it went back into "audio".

Issue is, now it won't play anything. When they are connected properly, they say "connected - music and voice" or something along those lines underneath the name in the bluetooth menu. My headphones also say aloud "connected". Now it just states "connected" on the bluetooth, but they really aren't.

• The headphones cannot be manually connected in Sounds. Clicking "connect" does nothing.
    • The option to set as the default device is greyed out.
    • Restarting and shutting down the computer does nothing.
    • Re-pairing the headphones does nothing.
    • Turning bluetooth off does nothing.
    • Windows troubleshooter shows "check bluetooth radio status" every time I run the bluetooth troubleshooter.
    • The headphones work fine on other devices.
    • The headphones work fine if I use the cable.

Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to... dacd4413-0632-4d7e-91f6-9f686271a1a9?upload=true.png

The headphones try to automatically connect but not properly, just "connected". When I disconnect they try to connect again, and then the option to disconnect becomes greyed out for a minute or so.

Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to... 4f9f7052-1197-4a0e-846a-168896140998?upload=true.png

The main issue, from what I can tell, is that the headphones do not appear in "output" as an option. Only my monitor does... which has no speakers.

Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to... 94ae6926-035c-4dcf-a7cc-0bef5234ca11?upload=true.png

:)

ealize, Apr 20, 2021
  2. fishr Win User

Making Bluetooth headphones the audio output device

I finally got my Bluetooth headphones to connect to my PC (Windows 10) but I'm not getting any sound through them. When I try to change my audio output device to them, I don't see them listed. I do see them under Bluetooth devices in Device Manager.

fishr, Apr 20, 2021
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to...

Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to...

1. Bluetooth headphones will not appear as audio output, and is shown but unavailable to... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones appear

2. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  4. Bluetooth headphone keep appearing and disappearing in the sound output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphone keep appearing and disappearing in the sound output: Good day!I have problem with the Bluetooth of my laptop. Whenever I try to connect a Bluetooth headphone or speaker to my laptop, the headphone sound output keeps on appearing and disappearing. How to fix this issue?...
  5. Bluetooth headphone keep appearing and disappearing in the sound output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphone keep appearing and disappearing in the sound output: Good day!I have problem with the Bluetooth of my laptop. Whenever I try to connect a Bluetooth headphone or speaker to my laptop, the headphone sound output keeps on appearing and disappearing. How to fix this issue?...
  6. windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device: it is showing as a connectable audio device, i can connect it as an audio device. it is not showing as an output device, preventing me to use them for their sole purpose. i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting them, i have tried unpairing and pairing them again, i've...
  7. Bluetooth headphones don't appear as an audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones don't appear as an audio device: Suddenly out of the blue my Bluetooth headphones multiple pairs stopped showing up as selectable devices in the audio slider. I have unpaired and repaired all of them, yet still nothing pops up. I also went through the process to factory reset my laptop and still nothing is...
  8. Sending audio output to Bluetooth paired headphones

Sending audio output to Bluetooth paired headphones: I have LE-Bose NC 700 HP headphones, have added them to my Windows 10 desktop’s Bluetooth devices. My Audio currently goes to Speakers / Headphones Realtek Audio. How do I make my Windows 10 Audio go to the Bose headphones? Thanks, Pete...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on: hey there!I'm having a hard time with windows 10 to configure my headphones (sony WH-CH500) which I connected with bluetooth. The mic is working, the output to the headphones is also working but as soon as the mic gets switched on the audio output is gone, so can't hear...
  10. Making Bluetooth headphones the audio output device

Making Bluetooth headphones the audio output device: I finally got my Bluetooth headphones to connect to my PC Windows 10 but I'm not getting any sound through them. When I try to change my audio output device to them, I don't see them listed. I do see them under Bluetooth devices in Device Manager....