Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have researched this problem extensively and spent hours trying to resolve it as others have suggested but cannot get my bluetooth headphones to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GBrady1, Apr 2, 2021.

1. GBrady1 Win User

Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound

I have researched this problem extensively and spent hours trying to resolve it as others have suggested but cannot get my bluetooth headphones to connect for sound. When paired, the sound still plays through my laptop speakers. Here is what I have done to try to fix this issue:

1 I paired the headphones and was able to get them to say "connected voice". I have tried turning bluetooth off and back on and have also removed the device and then repaired.

Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound 1600d29d-2f6d-4b61-889e-44071be43694?upload=true.png

This is what it looks like under the "Manage Audio Devices" tab. I can connect the headset for voice but not sound.

Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound 2b482eb0-49c9-47ed-872d-ab4a28cc5292?upload=true.png

2 I have gone into the bluetooth devices and uninstalled and reinstalled all of the drivers as well as checked for updates. I have also checked the HP site for a specific bluetooth driver but they do not have one.

3 I have run the troubleshooter for bluetooth.

4 Under "Services", I went to the properties under "Bluetooth Support Services" and first restarted and then selected automatic under "Startup Type".

None of these solutions has worked. Can anyone suggest anything else because I'm out of ideas.

Thanks!

:)

GBrady1, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Bazsl Win User

Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10

I upgraded my Lenovo W530 running Win7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I can no longer connect to my bluetooth headphones which worked before the upgrade. The bluetooth radio is on. When I click Connect in the Action Center it shows that the headphones are connected but they are not. The headphones (actually my hearing aids) play a notification sound when a bluetooth connection is made and I never hear that sound. If I play music the sound goes to the speaker, not my headphones. I have removed the headphones and repaired them. I have checked that all of the bluetooth device drivers are up to date in Device Manager. I would really appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks.

Bazsl, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Bluetooth Headphones only connect to voice and music

Today my headphones started to only use voice and music, when yesterday [the day i got them] they did all noise. I have re paired the headphones to the computer, remove and re add them to the computer list, and remove the computer from the headphones bluetooth
    list. Everytime I reconnect them they just say connected to voice and music.

GladiatorGator, Apr 2, 2021
  4. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones connect

2. Bluetooth headphone or speaker Connected voice only [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Bluetooth headphone or speaker Connected voice only [Fix]: [IMG]Sometimes Bluetooth headphone or speaker is connected as voice only. Bluetooth headphones and speakers are usually used for audio purposes. Some users report that they cannot listen to any other sound except the sound on voice calls. On opening Windows Settings, users...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting as Voice Only Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting as Voice Only Windows 11: My Bluetooth headphones will only connect in Hands free mode voice only and I don't know how to get them to play stereo again. It was working a few days ago and now it isn't and I don't know why. I've tried disabling the hands free mode and I've tried to connect the regular...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting as Voice Only Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting as Voice Only Windows 11: My Bluetooth headphones will only connect in Hands free mode voice only and I don't know how to get them to play stereo again. It was working a few days ago and now it isn't and I don't know why. I've tried disabling the hands free mode and I've tried to connect the regular...
  5. Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones "Connected Voice" only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones "Connected Voice" only: Good time of the day everyone. Each time when I try to connect my bluetooth headphones, windows refuses to connect them properly and connects them as if they were a microphone. Headphones are perfectly working on my phone. I tried reinstalling drivers but it did not help. I...
  6. Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones "Connected Voice" only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones "Connected Voice" only: Good time of the day everyone. Each time when I try to connect my bluetooth headphones, windows refuses to connect them properly and connects them as if they were a microphone. Headphones are perfectly working on my phone. I tried reinstalling drivers but it did not help. I...
  7. Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones "Connected Voice" only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Bluetooth headphones connect as music only, not as voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones connect as music only, not as voice: Hi,I have tried this with several Bluetooth devices with a microphone, but Windows connects to them for output only, not input. In this example, the Mpow Bluetooth 5.0 headphones are connected for music only, even though the icon shows headphonesWhy wouldn't Windows recognize...
  9. Bluetooth headphone only connects to voice ?

Bluetooth headphone only connects to voice ?: I had been using Boat Rockers 480 V2 Bluetooth 5.0 headphone. When I tried to connect it to my laptop the device connected as voice only, I cant use the device as a playback device. I connected the same device to a different laptop and it pairs as voice and music. I have...
  10. Bluetooth headphones only connected as "voice"

Bluetooth headphones only connected as "voice": Every time I try to connect any Bluetooth headphone to my computer it will only connect initially as "voice" with no stereo option available. Thus my computer will not play music at high quality for some time. After multiple restarts and deleting the device from the computer...