Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones with windows 10 randomly going silent for a few seconds every few...

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones with windows 10 randomly going silent for a few seconds every few... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My BT headphones Sony WH-1000XM3 started having issues with audio playback when connected to Windows. No issues while listening to music or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iti_2294, Sep 7, 2020.

1. iti_2294 Win User

Bluetooth headphones with windows 10 randomly going silent for a few seconds every few...

Hi,

My BT headphones Sony WH-1000XM3 started having issues with audio playback when connected to Windows. No issues while listening to music or watching videos connected via BT to an Android phone. I don't have additional BT audio devices to check this issue with, but again, no issues on Android device with the same headphones. Also worth noting that i'm using a Logitech BT mouse and keyboard on the computer, also with no issues.

The issue started only a few days ago, and i bought these headphones 7 months ago, they worked flawlessly up until now.

Description of the issue:

The audio from the headphones randomly goes silent for about 10 seconds, every few minutes frequency varies between 1 to 3.

The same issue occurs on different audio sources that i tried: Spotify, Apple Music, and streaming videos through Google Chrome. Didn't try other apps, but it seems that the issue is not app related.

When the audio playback stops, the headphones are still working and remain connected to the computer, and the audio or video playback in the application doesn't stop - the application which is the audio source continues to run.

When the headphones resume playing audio, it starts after the missing part. When the headphones audio resume, there's a kind of momentary stutter, which also happens if i stop the audio playback on the application press "Pause" on the app when the blackout starts - seems like a transmission that got stuck on the BT transmitter before the blackout started, and then being transmitted whether the app still plays audio or not.

I already tried all of the basic stuff:

- re-connecting, re-pairing the device

- running Bluetooth troubleshooting didn't find any issues

- checking for driver updates for Bluetooth they are up to date

- checking for software updates for the headphones up to date

Technical details:

Windows 10 pro 64bit, version 1903, build 18632.959

Realtek Bluetooth adapter driver date 15/05/2019, version 1.6.1015.3009

Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones

Thanks

:)

iti_2294, Sep 7, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Sep 7, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Bluetooth headphones with windows 10 randomly going silent for a few seconds every few...

boat rockers 510 Bluetooth headphones won't to windows 10 pc

In that case, I suggest you uninstall the Bluetooth headphones, please follow the below to do so.

Step 1:Maksure to unplug the Bluetooth headphones before performing the below

Go to the search box next to the windows icon and type Device Manager then click to open it.

Step 2:

Then expand Bluetooth and the right click on Bluetooth headphones

Step 3:

Then select Properties

Step 4:

Click on Driver tab and then click on Uninstall Device

Step 5:

Restart PC and verify it's not listed in the Bluetooth settings page

Step 6:

Once the above is confirmed then plug the Bluetooth and try to setup.

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones with windows 10 randomly going silent for a few seconds every few...

1. Bluetooth headphones with windows 10 randomly going silent for a few seconds every few... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones randomly

2. Windows 10, Bluetooth audio goes silent after a few seconds of play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, Bluetooth audio goes silent after a few seconds of play: This happens with all audio sources randomly. Audio will play over bluetooth for a few seconds and then go silent. Moving the position on the playback of media will start audio again, but after a number of seconds it will fall silent again. Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. Windows 10, Bluetooth audio goes silent after a few seconds of play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, Bluetooth audio goes silent after a few seconds of play: This happens with all audio sources randomly. Audio will play over bluetooth for a few seconds and then go silent. Moving the position on the playback of media will start audio again, but after a number of seconds it will fall silent again. Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. Windows 10, Bluetooth audio goes silent after a few seconds of play

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 stutters every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stutters every few seconds: This has been a problem for months now. Every few seconds, all apps on my computer freezes for half a second. While writing, the computer still register my input while stuttering. The mouse's movement and audio is uneffected by the stuttering. When i look into Task Manager,...
  6. popup every few seconds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    popup every few seconds: hi i keep getting a popup saying your licence is about to exspire soon & when i go to activation it wont let me troubleshoot it i am just at a loss as i dont know what they are asking for can anyone help also will i lose my internet connection without this licence ? thankyou...
  7. Random flash on screen every few seconds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random flash on screen every few seconds: I can see a random flash of a window or some widget on my screen every few seconds. I want to find out the application that is doing it. Any ideas how I can find out? Thanks...
  8. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...
  9. Bluetooth headphones cut out for a second every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones cut out for a second every few minutes: Recently my bluetooth headphones have started to cut out for a second every few minutes. After looking at the event viewer I noticed this occurs every instance. MMDevAPI: Audio device state changed Any idea what causes this to happen...
  10. Window 10 freezes every few seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 freezes every few seconds.: Window 10 freezes every few seconds. After 5 minutes, window 10 begins to freeze please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-freezes-every-few-seconds/51d9b5b3-15b6-452f-b2ae-39675bac96cc