Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones won't connect audio

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones won't connect audio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new pair of Sony WF-1000XM3 headphones and have been trying to connect them to my computer but the audio wont connect. I already scoured the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lennoxxx, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Lennoxxx Win User

Bluetooth headphones won't connect audio

I bought a new pair of Sony WF-1000XM3 headphones and have been trying to connect them to my computer but the audio wont connect. I already scoured the internet for a solution and tried every solution listed in this thread

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...as-voice/bf4bc6e8-a197-4a6a-b1dd-d529434b9b04

Nothing has worked and I've tried every solution I can possibly find. The headphones connect to my phone and work fine there, but on my laptop Windows 10 they will only connect voice.

:)

Lennoxxx, Dec 30, 2019
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Bluetooth headphones 'connected', Audio, Voice not connected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. For us to isolate the issue and to assist you better, we'd like to ask you a few questions.

1. What is the make and the model number of the computer?

2. What is the make and the model number of the headphone?

3. Are the speakers muted when the headphone is plugged in?

4. Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

We can try a few steps and check if we can fix this.

Method 1: Remove and connect the Bluetooth headphone and check.

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.

3. Now click on the Bluetooth headphone and click on Remove device.

4. Turn off Bluetooth and the headphone and turn them back on, and Connect.

If the issue persists, try method 2.

Method 2: Enable the Bluetooth headphone.

1. Right click on the Volume icon on the taskbar.

2. Click on Sounds.

3. Navigate to Playback tab.

4. Right click on an empty space and select Show Disabled Devices.

5. Check if the Bluetooth headset is showing in the list.

6. Right click on the Bluetooth headphone and click Enable and check.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you to refer this article on
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    and try the suggestions showing under the
    Run the audio troubleshooter
    , Fix your audio driver,
    Set default device
    , and Turn off Audio Enhancements section and update us on the result.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Twinblaze Win User

Windows 10 says bluetooth headphones are connected but also not connected

This is one of those nightmare issues where it seems to only be a problem between one computer and one device. The headphones connect just fine on other windows 10 machines, and other bluetooth headphones connect just fine to this computer.

Details:

Upon adding the device in bluetooth, windows says the headphones are connected, but the headphones do not indicate they are connected. The headphones are listed with three separate entries in the bluetooth settings window, under input devices, audio, and unspecified, but this is also the case on the computer where the headphones work just fine. In playback devices, the headphones are listed, but show as disconnected. Selecting "connect" does nothing.

In Devices and printers, the headphones show as connected and troubleshooter finds no problems. If the devices were paired by selecting the available devices listing that the headphone instructions say to select, the right-click menu does not show the "control" option. If paired by selecting the other listing, the control option will be there, but the only option will be to use the device as a proximity lock. Also pairing this way will cause the default windows 10 bluetooth settings window to minimize instantly whenever opened until the device is removed.

Steps already taken:

Used both device manager and a driver utility to check for for driver updates, uninstalled bluetooth devices and drivers and reinstalled, ran sfc /scannow, restarted pc and re-paired headphones numerous times.

Twinblaze, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth headphones won't connect audio - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones won't

2. Bluetooth headphones won't connect to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones won't connect to PC: At first my bluetooth headphones wouldn't connect so i tried to remove them, it said remove failed but it usually does that and it shows up in pairing after, this time it did not. I did that several times to no avail, I restarted my pc thrice. Once normally, once holding the...
  3. Bluetooth headphones won't connect to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones won't connect to PC: At first my bluetooth headphones wouldn't connect so i tried to remove them, it said remove failed but it usually does that and it shows up in pairing after, this time it did not. I did that several times to no avail, I restarted my pc thrice. Once normally, once holding the...
  4. Bluetooth headphones won't connect to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth won't connect to audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth won't connect to audio: I connected my pc with my tv, there has been no sound so I bought a speaker to connect and get around that fact. Before I bought the speaker I went ahead and connected with my bluetooth headphones to make sure it would work, and it did. Now I cannot connect any audio thing....
  6. Bluetooth Headphones won't connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones won't connect: My Bluetooth headphones won't connect to my PC it says check Bluetooth pin and try again it works when I connect to my phone so it's not the headset that's has problems I searched the internet for solutions but they didn't work here's what I tried connecting through device...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones won't connect

Bluetooth Headphones won't connect: The bluetooth headphones that I use would connect to my laptop just fine, but recently the headphones just pair up with the computer, and won't connect. I have tried connecting the headphones to other devices, and they work just fine. So the problem is not with the...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.

Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.: I have a pair of Mee BTX2 bluetooth earphones that work normally on my phone but not on my laptop Asus Zephyrus GA502DU. I can pair and connect to the earphones and they play audio only when the hands-free device is selected as the playback device, not the stereo mode which...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Connect - But do not connect audio.

Bluetooth Headphones Connect - But do not connect audio.: I have been trying to connect my new bluetooth headphones to my desktop computer. They are able to connect - but I am unable to select them as an audio output device. I have tried setting bluetooth services to automatic, as well as turning bluetooth on and off / removing and...
  10. Bluetooth headphones 'connected', Audio, Voice not connected

Bluetooth headphones 'connected', Audio, Voice not connected: When I usually connect my headphones to my computer, after connected, the words "Audio, Voice" show up next to it. Today it stopped doing that and I'm getting nothing in the way of sound. it says 'connected' but not 'audio, voice' and of course, I'm getting no sound. The...