Windows 10: Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues.

Discus and support Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, this seems to be a very unique issue that I am struggling to find an answer to, I will try to be as clear as possible and have laid out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FallenPredatorI, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues.

Hi All,

this seems to be a very unique issue that I am struggling to find an answer to, I will try to be as clear as possible and have laid out below some facts to hopefully avoid red herrings.

I have a set of bluetooth headphones SONY WH-1000XM3 they are connected to my laptop ASUS SCAR STRIX II GL504GS

the headphones have worked perfectly and as expected up until recently

i have made no hardware or driver changes prior to this issue occurring.

I believe this is an issue with windows rather than the headphones.

I know that the microphone for the headphones is functional as I will explain below.

The Issue:

Whenever i want to talk to someone, be it via Facebook messenger, or in voice chat on games, I get 1 of 2 problems.

either;

a the audio quality my end is as expected, i can hear the call and if i am playing a game it is surround sound etc. but the computer is using the laptops microphone, this is terrible because the quality of the microphone is quite bad and it is right above the fans so sounds awful.

b the computer uses my headsets microphone and the audio quality is great for the other person, but my headset goes into mono audio so it sounds tinny and awful, but on top of that, i cannot hear the other person...

now I have been able to control whether I get outcome A or B because windows seems to split headsets into "[headphone model name] Stereo" and "[headphone model name] Hands-Free AG Audio" selecting stereo gives outcome A, selecting AG Audio gives outcome B.

In sound settings I have changed Output device to Stereo, Input device to AG Audio, and have even done this for individual programs in advanced settings under "App volume device preferences" but this seems to cause outcome B suggesting that if the microphone is enabled, the computer will only output to the AG Audio?

It seems that I cannot have both the headset microphone being used, and good quality surround sound, however this has not been an issue since November 2019 until about 3 days ago. The issue may have occurred before this but that was the first voice call in a while.

:)

FallenPredatorI, Apr 6, 2020
  2. KerooSeta Win User

Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Bluetooth headset audio issue

Hello, recently I tried to pair my jabra step wireless headset with my pc to use with teamspeak 3 and skype. The headphones work as I can ear sounds in it but when I try to set up the microphone, in ts3 settings, skype settings or even windows settings,
    the headset stop working as well as the app that is trying to use the microphone. Also seems that the bluetooth stop working. Do someone know how to solve this issue? I tried updating my mobo's bluetooth driver, an asus p9x79 pro, but nothing changes, and
    there's no official headset's driver on the jabra website.

ShiningDesign, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues.

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues.

1. Bluetooth headset, audio and microphone issues. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset audio

2. Bluetooth headset cannot use both audio and microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset cannot use both audio and microphone: I'm using the Avantree AH6. As headphones, they work with any audio playing on my PC. However, when the microphone is added, then I will receive no audio other than voice. If I disable the microphone in the sound settings, than audio will come back. I have played around with...
  3. Bluetooth headset cannot use both audio and microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset cannot use both audio and microphone: I'm using the Avantree AH6. As headphones, they work with any audio playing on my PC. However, when the microphone is added, then I will receive no audio other than voice. If I disable the microphone in the sound settings, than audio will come back. I have played around with...
  4. Bluetooth headset cannot use both audio and microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headset audio and microphone issues

Headset audio and microphone issues: So I bought a CyberPower PC model GXi3200BSTV2 and I my wired turtle beach headset model recon 70 will not allow me to speak. I've tried every aux jack that would work and made sure that there were no problems with my headset but I still cannot get my microphone to work. Some...
  6. Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue

Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue: I bought a bluetooth headphone MPOW X 4.0 and when I connected it to my Dell Computer, in the sound tab, I viewed two audios stereo and hands free when I chose stereo no sound was coming through the headphone and the mic was not working. And when I chose hands free audio, the...
  7. Bluetooth headset audio issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headset audio issues: Is there a way to be able to use my headset via bluetooth on my pc while getting good audio? When I use my bluetooth headset is gives me 2 output options, "handsfree" and "stereo" for my pc output. I have to use the "handsfree" option for my imput to use my intergraded mic....
  8. Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones

Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones: When trying to listen to music and make a video call using teams, my music audio is cut off and only video call audio works. I noticed when i change my output to headset instead of headphones, i can hear both audio ,i.e, from music and video call. But unfortunately the...
  9. Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected

Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Headset mic is working fine on my phone but on Windows the mic is not being detected. I've tried this with a different headset and same result as well so it is completely an issue with Windows. I have installed the latest drivers, removed and re-paired the...
  10. Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue

Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue: I am having an issue currently where I connect my bluetooth headphones and all my audio then transfers to there, spotify, chrome, etc. all play through the headphones except for games. Any game I have played so far continues to play audio through the built in speakers...