Windows 10: Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers

Discus and support Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a bluetooth headset that does not allow me to use it as both a microphone and a headset. I have determined that audio will play through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidPfannenstiel, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers

I have a bluetooth headset that does not allow me to use it as both a microphone and a headset.

I have determined that audio will play through the Bluetooth headset as long as the recording device is set to Conexant ISST Audio. If I set the recording device to BHS-530 Hands-Free then no sound will play through either BHS-530 Playback device.

I can get audio to play while the BHS-530 Handsfree is setup as the Recording device but not while it is actively listening. As an example my BHS-530 Stereo is selected for both my default audio and default communication device. I start playing a YouTube video and audio works with the Playback menu is up in the Sound dialog (first screenshot), as soon as I select the recording menu (second screenshot) the audio stops. If I switch the recording device back to Conexant ISST Audio the youtube video will continue to send sound regardless of which menu I am on.

What do I need to set so that I can use the headset for both audio and microphone (Microsoft Teams Calls)

Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers f4e7a72f-300b-4706-8d79-80df2493c982?upload=true.png Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers a695b747-0e6f-4280-a5f2-f04b8fcd0d4b?upload=true.png

The headset comes up as two separate devices once it connects to windows:

Playback Device

Type: Headset

Name: BHS-530 Hands-Free

and

Type: Headphones

Name: BHS-530 Stereo

Recording Device

Type: Headset

Name: BHS-530 Hands-Free

Type: Internal Microphone

Name: Conexant ISST Audio

(this is my laptop's internal mic)

:)

DavidPfannenstiel, Jul 26, 2019
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jul 26, 2019
  3. tsur1 Win User
    Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers [​IMG]

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers [​IMG]

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

tsur1, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers

Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

My thought would be to use one of those sharing headsets/earbuds Y-adapter the young folks use with their iPod or Smartphone.

Berton, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers

1. Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headset cannot

2. Bluetooth headset cannot use both audio and microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset cannot use both audio and microphone: I'm using the Avantree AH6. As headphones, they work with any audio playing on my PC. However, when the microphone is added, then I will receive no audio other than voice. If I disable the microphone in the sound settings, than audio will come back. I have played around with...
  3. Bluetooth headset cannot use both audio and microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset cannot use both audio and microphone: I'm using the Avantree AH6. As headphones, they work with any audio playing on my PC. However, when the microphone is added, then I will receive no audio other than voice. If I disable the microphone in the sound settings, than audio will come back. I have played around with...
  4. Bluetooth headset cannot use both audio and microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.: Hi , I have a problem with my laptop and i hope someone could help :Here i have a ASUS TUF FX505G Model.29May 2021Sound problem started to appear on my laptop. But i manage to fix it by update driver. And I notice there are 4 Drivers under "sound , video and game controller"...
  6. Two Bluetooth headsets - using both for mic inputs

Two Bluetooth headsets - using both for mic inputs: Good morning, I am a professor at a college. I co teach with another teacher and with everything going on we lecture from the same room but would like to use 2 bluetooth headsets. I can get audio out from both of them but the problem I am running into is windows only runs...
  7. Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers

Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers: Hello friends! I have a new PC, it's all up to date. I have speakers plugged into the back and a headset plugged to the front. If I unplug my headset, my speakers work. If my headset is plugged in, ONLY the headset will work. I am told that this is the default design,...
  8. Not recognizing both headset and speakers simultaneously

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not recognizing both headset and speakers simultaneously: I can't get Windows 10 to recognize both my headset and speakers as separate products, while utilizing both my front and rear audio jacks. I just purchased a replacement headset, and this uses audio jack connectors instead of how my old headset just utilized usb. I also have...
  9. The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged

The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged: Since upgrading to Windows 10 some time back, I have been unable to use speakers or headphones. Audio devices simply aren't working from either the front or rear jacks. I have tried the troubleshooter which doesn't recognise any devices as being plugged in. All dirvers...
  10. I'm trying to use Both the Speakers and the microphone in my bluetooth headphones, but I...

I'm trying to use Both the Speakers and the microphone in my bluetooth headphones, but I...: [ATTACH][ATTACH] here are snips of the playback and recording devices that have shown up for the headphones. I'm not 100% sure on the details you might need if you know the answer, but here's the brand of the headphones:...