Windows 10: Bluetooth headset comes under "Other Devices" when connected and won't playback.

Discus and support Bluetooth headset comes under "Other Devices" when connected and won't playback. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My Bluetooth earbuds (Apple Airpods) used to work fine with my Windows 10 laptop. However when they are paired now, they show up under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hershyz, Aug 19, 2018.

1. hershyz Win User

Bluetooth headset comes under "Other Devices" when connected and won't playback.

Hello,

My Bluetooth earbuds (Apple Airpods) used to work fine with my Windows 10 laptop. However when they are paired now, they show up under the "Other Devices" category in Bluetooth. The settings app show that they are connected, but the sound only comes through the speakers. I attempted to restart my Bluetooth drivers and my computer. I have tried updating the drivers, and setting the headphones as the playback device in the "Sound" section of Control Panel, but the problem still persists, and I don't know what to do at this point.

Any solutions/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

:)

hershyz, Aug 19, 2018

2. My bluetooth headset isn't listed in the playback devices list.

Original Title: Bluetooth device in playback devices list Windows 10.

I want to connect my Bose headset to my computer. The Bluetooth device list show them as paired. However my headset isn't listed in the playback devices list; so, I my computer can't send sound to my headset. How can I get my headset added to the playback
    devices list?

Dan.Anderson.9308, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Bluetooth headsets paired but not connected, not in Playback Devices (Windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is connection issues with Bluetooth headset or Bluetooth driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to try to check if the headset devices is in disabled state.

1. Right click on sound icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.

2. Then click on Playback devices.

3. Right click on empty space of sound setting Window, click on Show disabled devices.

4. Check if the devices is present in the list.

5. Right click on the headset device and click on enable.

Also I suggest you to update all the pending Windows Updates.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Bluetooth headset comes under "Other Devices" when connected and won't playback.

Bluetooth headsets paired but not connected, not in Playback Devices (Windows 10)

I have this problem too, but only on one of two Windows 10 machines. My "good" machine is a Dell XPS13 laptop with internal Buletooth adapter. My "bad" machine is an HP Envy 15 laptop with an external ASUS USB-BT400 Bluetooth 4.0 adapter and ASUS's latest
    install CD, whose files seem dated about 2013.

When I turn on Bluetooth in the "good" machine and enable pairing in my Plantronics Voyager Legacy bluetooth headset, under "Manage Bluetooth Devices" the device "PLT_Legend" shows up as Connected, there is a Device Manager > Bluetooth > PLT_Legend device,
    and there are three Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs entries related to PLT_Legend.

When I turn on Bluetooth in the "bad" machine and enable pairing in my Plantronics Voyager Legacy bluetooth headset, under "Manage Bluetooth Devices" the device "PLT_Legend" shows up as Paired, and there is a Device Manager > Bluetooth > PLT_Legend device,
    but there are no Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs entries related to PLT_Legend.

I tried steps 1 and 2 suggested above on my "bad"machine, but they didn't fix the problem. (In step 1 there was no Bluetooth headset driver to uninstall).

Any other suggestions for me to try??

EdMcCreight, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth headset comes under "Other Devices" when connected and won't playback.

1. Bluetooth headset comes under "Other Devices" when connected and won't playback. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset comes

2. Bluetooth Headset paired and connected, but not listed under playback services and auto...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset paired and connected, but not listed under playback services and auto...: My headphones lost audio, perfectly used to this, so I turned them off and on again to fix the issue, but that didn't work so I then completely unpaired then paired the device back on to the PC. However the PC didn't recognized the headphones as an audio device rather it...
  3. Bluetooth Headset paired and connected, but not listed under playback services and auto...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headset paired and connected, but not listed under playback services and auto...: My headphones lost audio, perfectly used to this, so I turned them off and on again to fix the issue, but that didn't work so I then completely unpaired then paired the device back on to the PC. However the PC didn't recognized the headphones as an audio device rather it...
  4. Bluetooth Headset paired and connected, but not listed under playback services and auto...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.: Hi guys, so yesterday I unpaired my Google Home Nest mini on my laptop and when I tried to reconnect it again, it shows that I'm connected under the "Other Devices" section instead of the "Audio" section in the Bluetooth menu. I have tried repairing the speakers, updating the...
  6. Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.: Hi guys, so yesterday I unpaired my Google Home Nest mini on my laptop and when I tried to reconnect it again, it shows that I'm connected under the "Other Devices" section instead of the "Audio" section in the Bluetooth menu. I have tried repairing the speakers, updating the...
  7. Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.

8. Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.

Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.: Hi guys, so yesterday i have unpaired my Harmon Kardon Aura Studio 3 on my desktop and when i tried to reconnect it again it shows that i am connected under the “other device” section instead of the “audio” section in the bluetooth menu. I have tried repairing the speakers,...
  9. Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices: I paired my newly bought bluetooth headset to my pc Windows 10. When I go to Settings>Devices>Bluetooth & other devices, It show my headset is already connected and paired. And all devices are up-to-date. I resetted my pc recently Although it shows my device is ready to...
  10. Bluetooth speaker is connected but not showing up under playback devices

Bluetooth speaker is connected but not showing up under playback devices: Can someone please help? I have tried updating the drivers, removing the device and installing them. Nothing works. The bluetooth speaker was working a couple of weeks back and today it stopped showing as an audio device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset comes in other devices rather audio

2. bluetooth headset showing as other device

3. bluetooth headphones in other devices

4. bluetooth headphones showing up as other devices,
  5. my bluetooth speakers showing up as multimedia device,
  6. bluetooth headphones show under other devices,
  7. bluetooth stereo shows as other device,
  8. bluetooth headset shows up as other device,
  9. bluetooth audio device shows up as other device,
  10. my headset is under other devices and wont connect,
  11. headset shows up as other devices bluetooth,