Windows 10: Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the...

Discus and support Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Community, I am trying to connect my boAt Rockerz Bluetooth headset to my Dell Laptop Latitude 3490 It always connecting as music. Voice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HCP_live, Oct 31, 2020.

1. HCP_live Win User

Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the...

Hello Community,

I am trying to connect my boAt Rockerz Bluetooth headset to my Dell Laptop Latitude 3490

It always connecting as music. Voice is not connecting, though it is worked well in phone & other laptops.

I tried other Bluetooth devices also. However, the same results, only music, no voice connection.

So, I am unable to use the Bluetooth headset mic. But, I am able to use laptop in built mic.

I tried to uninstall and install the Bluetooth driver multiple times. Nevertheless, the issue persist.

I have tried to install the latest driver from dell site & multiple time restart, shutdown & on. Still no good.

In the device manager I am seeing Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI with yellow triangle. Error showing as Device cannot start code 10.

In sound control Playback panel, Headphone profile only connecting. Hands-free AG Audio profile always showing disconnected.

Screenshot of all the details added for more info.

Device : Dell Laptop 3490

OS Version & Build : Windows 10 Pro 2004 / 19041.572

Bluetooth Chip : Qualcomm QCA61x4A

Anti virus : McAfee Endpoint security 10.7

Kindly support to fix the issue.

Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the... 44e54b77-9cd7-43f0-80d0-4d6de56f6548?upload=true.png

Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the... 5dd9e7bc-ec12-42f6-a793-0feafdf88cbc?upload=true.png Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the... ae8a6350-4bea-46f6-9644-af68daf9977d?upload=true.png Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the... 8f7ecde3-fb9f-411b-882d-dafbcf2b6315?upload=true.png

:)

HCP_live, Oct 31, 2020
  2. nonthasak Win User

E72 - headset profile?

Look into default profiles, there is no such special profile for car kit or headset (Bluetooth) mode. For example, when I connect to Bluetooth headset, can I pre-configure the profile and it is automatically activated after headset connection?

nonthasak, Oct 31, 2020
  3. N95 Bluetooth Profiles

Hi all

I have a stereo bluetooth headset/headphones capable of connecting to two devices simultaneously (provided that they have different bluetooth profiles). I would like to connect the stereo headset to both my iPod (with bluetooth adapter) and my Nokia N95. But
    it doesn't work.

Obviously, the iPod adapter will be using A2DP stereo audio profile. But since the N95 is capable of playing music, I assume that it also invokes the A2DP profile when connecting to the headphones. Since both devices are connecting with A2DP, it doesn't work.
    That's what I'm thinking anyway.

What I need is to prevent the N95 from connecting to the headphones with any profile other than the basic headset profile - all I want to do with the phone is answer calls and talk.

If the phone connects only with the basic headset profile, and the iPod connects with A2DP, then I am assuming that they will both be able to connect simultaneously.

Does anyone know how I can force the N95 to connect with only the basic headset profile?

jazzmeister---01, Oct 31, 2020
  4. dayo o Win User

Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the...

Bluetooth music connection

After my WIndows 10 OS updated to build 17763.194, my bluetooth headset only connects to voice and not to voice and music. Thus I can't hear anything from the headset Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the... :( Prior to this update, the bluetooth headset worked great.

I have tried rebooting the computer, uninstalling and reconnecting the bluetooth headset with no success.

All my drivers are uptodate and I have no defective devices.

dayo o, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset connecting

2. Bluetooth connected to voice but not music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth connected to voice but not music.: So, I have seen this problem in my search for answers, but it looks like it went ultimately unsolved. I found miscommunicated advice as an answer. No offense, but I think I can better clarify the situation. The problem is not the device or the connection, it's simply the...
  3. Bluetooth connected to voice but not music.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth connected to voice but not music.: So, I have seen this problem in my search for answers, but it looks like it went ultimately unsolved. I found miscommunicated advice as an answer. No offense, but I think I can better clarify the situation. The problem is not the device or the connection, it's simply the...
  4. Bluetooth connected to voice but not music.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headset only connecting to music not voice

Bluetooth Headset only connecting to music not voice: I have been using Redmi Earbuds for a long time. It was working fine with microphone as well. But today when I connected it to my pc it was connecting to only music not voice. Please tell a solution to it....
  6. Bluetooth Headset only says 'connected' and not voice or music

Bluetooth Headset only says 'connected' and not voice or music: My bluetooth earphones show up as connected but not with voice and music. I have to do 'remove device' and then re-pair them to actually work and show up as connected voice and music. I hope you have a solution for this....
  7. Windows 10 - All Bluetooth Headsets connect with Voice profile and not Music

Windows 10 - All Bluetooth Headsets connect with Voice profile and not Music: I am having problems with connecting Bluetooth Headphones to my Windows 10 pro machine with Music profile. I have tried a number of Bluetooth Headphone, which work correctly on other windows 10 machines but on the PC in question all the devices connect as Voice only and the...
  8. Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice"

Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice": Hi there, I have tried with multiple Bluetooth devices with mic, but Windows connects to them only for output, not input. In this example, Mpow Bluetooth 5.0 headset is connected for music only, although the icon shows headset- [ATTACH] and even the control panel...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones are connecting to Music but not Voice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones are connecting to Music but not Voice: Hi there So I'm using Galaxy Buds to connect to my laptop and this morning when I connected, it said that it was connected to music, but not to voice, and so I went into the sound control panel to confirm this, and it said that the stereo profile was connected, but the...
  10. Connect bluetooth headset w/o voice just music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect bluetooth headset w/o voice just music: Hello, so I got a new bluetooth headset that supports multi-point pairing with audio but not voice. when I try to use it with both my phone an my computer, the computer always manages to get both, and my phone only gets audio. I want it to be the other way around, so how...