Windows 10: Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice"

Discus and support Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have tried with multiple Bluetooth devices with mic, but Windows connects to them only for output, not input. In this example, Mpow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rishi Chheda, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice"

Hi there,

I have tried with multiple Bluetooth devices with mic, but Windows connects to them only for output, not input. In this example, Mpow Bluetooth 5.0 headset is connected for music only, although the icon shows headset-
    Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice" d06e299b-f282-4cf2-9381-7a9d81637529?upload=true.png

and even the control panel properties shows it in the headset category-
    Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice" d65667ce-e300-48c7-91db-7d32d35a589c?upload=true.png

Why would the mic in this device be not recognized by Windows?

I tried reinstalling the BT driver from the Device Manager. The same has been the case with my Sony BT headphone with mic, and the UE Boom speakers with mic. Any idea, what is the issue here on my desktop? All these BT devices work fine on my Surface Pro 6.

Thanks,

Rishi

:)

Rishi Chheda, Aug 4, 2020

2. Bluetooth Headphones only connect to voice and music

Today my headphones started to only use voice and music, when yesterday [the day i got them] they did all noise. I have re paired the headphones to the computer, remove and re add them to the computer list, and remove the computer from the headphones bluetooth
    list. Everytime I reconnect them they just say connected to voice and music.

GladiatorGator, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Reebs81 Win User
    Bluetooth will only connect "Voice"

Having the same exact issue. Connecting only as music. Nakamichi Bluetooth Speaker (with mic)

Reebs81, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice"

Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice"

I've had these bluetooth headphones for about 2 years, they ahve been working fine until the last week or so. Whenever i connect them via bluetooth to my laptop, they only connect for voice, not audio and voice as it used to do. It's not the headphones
    as i don't have this problem when using them with my phone, i tried using the solutions from this post: Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice".
    But none of those worked for me. I can still hear audio, it's just really quiet and low quality. If it matters, the headphones are skullcandy's grind wireless headphones.

GamingBro21YT, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice"

1. Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice" - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset connects

2. Bluetooth Headset connecting as Voice only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset connecting as Voice only: As so many have had issues over the years I am having an issue with my bluetooth headset Open Run by Shokz connecting to my PC for music/stereo.It will only connect as 'voice' and is horrible quality audio and only 1 channel.As per a previous thread, I have followed all step...
  3. Bluetooth Headset connecting as Voice only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headset connecting as Voice only: As so many have had issues over the years I am having an issue with my bluetooth headset Open Run by Shokz connecting to my PC for music/stereo.It will only connect as 'voice' and is horrible quality audio and only 1 channel.As per a previous thread, I have followed all step...
  4. Bluetooth Headset connecting as Voice only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headset only connecting to music not voice

Bluetooth Headset only connecting to music not voice: I have been using Redmi Earbuds for a long time. It was working fine with microphone as well. But today when I connected it to my pc it was connecting to only music not voice. Please tell a solution to it....
  6. Bluetooth Headset only says 'connected' and not voice or music

Bluetooth Headset only says 'connected' and not voice or music: My bluetooth earphones show up as connected but not with voice and music. I have to do 'remove device' and then re-pair them to actually work and show up as connected voice and music. I hope you have a solution for this....
  7. Bluetooth Headset Connected Music Only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headset Connected Music Only: [ATTACH] Hi! I am having trouble connecting my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 laptop. It says "connected music". I can't hear anything from the headset. Please help me....
  8. Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice"

Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice": I've had these bluetooth headphones for about 2 years, they ahve been working fine until the last week or so. Whenever i connect them via bluetooth to my laptop, they only connect for voice, not audio and voice as it used to do. It's not the headphones as i don't have this...
  9. Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice": Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice" Our Computer connects only to Voice on BlueTooth. We have already tried these steps below but No Success. 1. Run Troubleshooters for Bluetooth and Hardware & Devices Type troubleshoot in Windows Starts Search box (Cortana) >...
  10. Bluetooth Headset connect only as Music

Bluetooth Headset connect only as Music: I am trying to connect my Bluetooth headset to my Dell latitude Laptop running windows 10 and after paring my Blyetooth headphone with Windows it shows only as Connected Music and I am not able to take call ( use Mic from Bluetooth Headset ) . Have tried everything possible...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth headset connected music only

2. How to make my bluetooth headphones only connect for music but not voice